View Poll Results: Who is Marvel's lead female?

Voters
650. You may not vote on this poll
  • BLACK WIDOW [Natasha Romanova]

49 7.54%
  • CAPTAIN MARVEL [Carol Danvers]

126 19.38%
  • ELEKTRA [Elektra Natchios]

5 0.77%
  • INVISIBLE WOMAN [Sue Richard]

55 8.46%
  • KITTY PRYDE

22 3.38%
  • JEAN GREY

89 13.69%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

6 0.92%
  • ROGUE [Anna Marie]

43 6.62%
  • PSYLOCKE [Elisabeth ‘Betsy’ Braddock]

10 1.54%
  • SCARLET WITCH [Wanda Maximoff]

29 4.46%
  • SHE-HULK [Jennifer Walters]

37 5.69%
  • SPIDERWOMAN [Jessica Drew]

10 1.54%
  • STORM [Queen Ororo Monroe]

129 19.85%
  • WHITE QUEEN [Emma Frost]

29 4.46%
  • WASP [Janet vanDyne]

11 1.69%
Page 10 of 182 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kencana View Post
    Is there any love for Kitty Pryde/Shadowcat? I'm new to X-Men but from what I've read, she seems badass. Many people said her power is lame, but nah.
    She's my favourite character. Lots of love for Shadowcat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    She's my favourite character. Lots of love for Shadowcat.
    Thank you!

Have anyone ever read "Why Can’t Marvel’s Female Superheroes Keep An Ongoing Title?" by Eric Diaz?
    What do you think about it?
    Can a Marvel heroine carry 600+ solo title?

Thank you!

Have anyone ever read "Why Can’t Marvel’s Female Superheroes Keep An Ongoing Title?" by Eric Diaz?
    What do you think about it?
    Can a Marvel heroine carry 600+ solo title?
    Well, at this point, no characters can hit 600 issues any more - they get rebooted regularly. As far as whether any female heroes can become permanent solo characters, it's tough to tell. I kinda lean towards no, for right now. I don't think there are any female characters who actually have the tradition of permanent titles. It doesn't matter how low sales get on Iron Man - that book will always be around, because it's always been around. But there aren't any women at Marvel in the same position.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

I love Kitty too. Here she is on perhaps the most iconic X-Man cover. (It's got to be the most copied anyway.).
    image.jpg
    "Self has no time for this."

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    I would like to see Spider-Girl leading a team. Perhaps she could form a new Young Avengers, maybe with some Academy friends. Between her solo adventures, time spent in the Young Allies/Academy and her tutelage under Carol and then the Avengers (Assemble) I think she is ready for it.
    I <3 You

Is there any love for Kitty Pryde/Shadowcat? I'm new to X-Men but from what I've read, she seems badass. Many people said her power is lame, but nah.

Graphic by somethingcomics

"Stop blaming the victim. All my life, all our lives, all we’ve felt is the pressure to hide who we are, that the way to avoid prejudice and violence is to be as meek and quiet as possible and even that doesn’t always work. The problem isn’t us. We don’t need to change how we act." ~ Kitty Pryde (still my fav quote).
    I love Kitty, I would totally read a PRYDE on-going.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    I <3 You

I love Kitty, I would totally read a PRYDE on-going.
    I love Kitty in Pryde of The X-men.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderNLightning View Post
    i think its more feminist of us if we dont slut shame... T&A is powerful!
    That really depends on the reason. Not wanting to see women reduced to sex objects is certainly feminist, and it's not the same as being anti-sex.
    I don't want to derail this thread too much though, because it's supposed to be celebrating women.

Anyways, I came here to say that I hope everyone at least picks up Storm's first issue (digitally or at your LCS). She's not in my top favorites, but I think it's very important for all of the X-Women that this series does well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    Anyways, I came here to say that I hope everyone at least picks up Storm's first issue (digitally or at your LCS). She's not in my top favorites, but I think it's very important for all of the X-Women that this series does well.
    From Val, courtesy of starleafgirl in the Storm thread

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Wanda is a Skilled Sorceress who has Trained Under Both Agatha Harkness and Doctor Stephen Strange in the ways of the Mystic Arts!
    Who would you say are the most skilled female magik users?

I'd probably rank them: Clea, Satana, Jennifer Kale then Wanda. Agree/disagree?

[QUOTE=Tiamatty;209271]I would say Storm is probably Marvel's most prominent woman, with Carol being their best bet for a non-X lead. But Kitty is still my favourite character.

[QUOTE=Tiamatty;209271]I am very happy with the efforts Marvel's been making lately. Five - soon to be six - female ongoing solo titles, which isn't quite the most they've had at one time, but it's definitely much higher than usual. And perhaps even more important, female characters are being handled with a lot more respect. More of them have costumes that are designed to show strength rather than sexiness, and there's been a move away from "sexy" poses, in favour of more natural poses that are similar to what male characters get. It also feels like the Damsel In Distress angle's being pushed away from: Witness Dawn Greenwood in Silver Surfer, who despite having no powers, was actually directly responsible for her own escape, rather than relying on the Surfer. Women right now have agency, which is very, very important. Even civilian women don't get the weak-willed treatment they used to - witness today's issue of Iron Man, where Pepper breaks up with her fiance, and tells him, "I don't need saving."

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    There's still plenty of room for improvement, of course. We don't have a female-led movie. It'd be great if we got an arc of the main Avengers comic where Captain America's out of commission, and Captain Marvel takes over as leader, and does as good a job as he does. But Marvel's genuinely impressed me with their recent efforts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I just removed a post with a gratuitous picture and the reply to it (sorry about that Kieran_Frost) but I would like to echo the request to not post pictures that degrade women with too much T&A and violence, in line with the theme of this thread. Thanks, folks.
    Thank-you, kindly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    Coipel's gorgeous cover for the Women of Marvel Omnibus. (The cover is the best thing about the book by miles.)

Attachment 4121
    Agreed, beautiful cover.

First look at Storm #1 coming out in July. Stunning!
    http://www.newsarama.com/21442-storm...r-enemies.html

Loving it. Can't believe it's taken this long for her to get a true solo.

Those Storm pages are giving me everything I need. Bless.

By the way, I've read the already released issues of Soule's She-Hulk and I LOVE IT.
    I want to read more of her but I'm not super familiar. What other volume should I get ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Loving it. Can't believe it's taken this long for her to get a true solo.
    Ahahaha. I've laughed so hard when you said "true solo". Well, it's true now.

Ummm... FUN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    Those Storm pages are giving me everything I need. Bless.

By the way, I've read the already released issues of Soule's She-Hulk and I LOVE IT.
    I want to read more of her but I'm not super familiar. What other volume should I get ?
    Love, love, LOVE Soule's She-hulk. Can't wait for the next issue!

Extraordinary Member

The art is pretty good.

The Storm series looks sooooooo good.

And while not necessarily an all female team, Spurrier's X-Force boasts the ranking of Psylocke, Marrow and Meme and all are utilized fantastically. Any fans of the characters or those who want to get into them should definitely think about picking it up. Domino, Meggan and Faiza Hussein will also be appearing in future issues within the next few months.