View Poll Results: Who is Marvel's lead female?

Voters
650. You may not vote on this poll
  • BLACK WIDOW [Natasha Romanova]

49 7.54%
  • CAPTAIN MARVEL [Carol Danvers]

126 19.38%
  • ELEKTRA [Elektra Natchios]

5 0.77%
  • INVISIBLE WOMAN [Sue Richard]

55 8.46%
  • KITTY PRYDE

22 3.38%
  • JEAN GREY

89 13.69%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

6 0.92%
  • ROGUE [Anna Marie]

43 6.62%
  • PSYLOCKE [Elisabeth ‘Betsy’ Braddock]

10 1.54%
  • SCARLET WITCH [Wanda Maximoff]

29 4.46%
  • SHE-HULK [Jennifer Walters]

37 5.69%
  • SPIDERWOMAN [Jessica Drew]

10 1.54%
  • STORM [Queen Ororo Monroe]

129 19.85%
  • WHITE QUEEN [Emma Frost]

29 4.46%
  • WASP [Janet vanDyne]

11 1.69%
Page 101 of 182 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2721
    Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

I like to see more of a range too. Sometimes it's the same body type over and over for women in comics. (And men for that matter, although there's a bit more variation). It's very visually dull when you have a cover full of women, who all look pretty much the same.

Take someone like Kitty, who's notoriously small breasted, like in this gorgeous cover and who's one of the most popular X-Men. (Including among men, who's tastes aren't actually as completely standardised as comics would make you believe). Or Wasp, who's usually drawn smaller and slighter than the other female Avengers.

image.jpg

Not saying take all the bombshells out of comics, because that's part of what many of the characters are. But why not have a slender Kitty, a buff captain America, a Valkyrie who looks like she can throw a proper punch, an Emma Frost with the best E-cups money can buy, a Rogue who's eaten her fried chicken, gone back for seconds, and is working her curves, and a Sif who's actually go strong enough arms to lift her sword.
    Last edited by Sea Hound; 02-17-2015 at 07:05 PM.
    "Self has no time for this."

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    I like to see more of a range too. Sometimes it's the same body type over and over for women in comics. (And men for that matter, although there's a bit more variation). It's very visually dull when you have a cover full of women, who all look pretty much the same.

Take someone like Kitty, who's notoriously small breasted, like in this gorgeous cover and who's one of the most popular X-Men. (Including among men, who's tastes aren't actually as completely standardised as comics would make you believe). Or Wasp, who's usually drawn smaller and slighter than the other female Avengers.
    Or Jubilee, whose irritation at being flat-chested was a pretty amusing running gag in her early appearances.

And then this happened. Because some artists just can't stop themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Or Jubilee, whose irritation at being flat-chested was a pretty amusing running gag in her early appearances.

Perfect example. She's completely unrecognisable when she's too sexed up. I think Coipel's version is pretty much impossible to improve on. In my head at least, that's the shape, face, and attitude.

image.jpg

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    1) She's probably over the top muscularly but that's okay because not every female character should be "hot."

2) BUT there's somebody for everybody so somebody out there probably thinks she's hot.

3) And that makes her just right.
    Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post

OH I KNOW RIGHT? WTF??

However, this is the one I was thinking of: New Warriors Jubilee:

Though to be fair, everyone had a fair bit of "prettification" plastic surgery in that book, two of the most extreme examples being Beak and Angel.

Perfect example. She's completely unrecognisable when she's too sexed up. I think Coipel's version is pretty much impossible to improve on. In my head at least, that's the shape, face, and attitude.

image.jpg
    Yeah, that's a good one!
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 02-17-2015 at 08:44 PM.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Cool

A-FORCE #1

G. WILLOW WILSON & MARGUERITE BENNETT (w) • JORGE MOLINA (a)
    Cover by JIM CHEUNG
    INHUMANS 50TH ANNIVERSARY VARIANT
    VARIANT COVER BY RUSSELL DAUTERMAN
    VARIANT COVER BY STEPHANIE HANS
    VARIANT COVER BY JORGE MOLINA
    YOUNG VARIANT BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
    BLANK COVER VARIANT ALSO AVAILABLE
    • Marvel’s Mightiest Women finally get their own explosive series!
    • In a secluded corner of the Battleworld, an island nation is fiercely protected by a team of Avengers the likes of which has only ever been glimpsed before…
    • Fighting to protect the small sliver of their world that’s left, the Amazing A-FORCE stands shoulder-to-shoulder, ready to take on the horde!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    A-FORCE #1
    Cover by JIM CHEUNG
    • In a secluded corner of the Battleworld, an island nation is fiercely protected by a team of Avengers the likes of which has only ever been glimpsed before…
    • Fighting to protect the small sliver of their world that’s left, the Amazing A-FORCE stands shoulder-to-shoulder, ready to take on the horde!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Squee, I wonder if this means Rogue, Storm, and Wasp will be supporting players to the main cast?
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg

BANNED

image.jpg
    Yes, that's a classy look right there!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    A-FORCE #1

Cover by JIM CHEUNG
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Spectacular cover. Dauterman's one of the best Marvel has. If that's the actual team, then this looks like it's going to be a fun book. And since She Hulk is being cancelled, I need one which isn't grimdarkmurder cool.
    It's a proper Rogue, not Emo, not hiding in a hood, big smile and leading with her fists. Proper sparkly disco Dazzler, not weird Bendis version. Shulkie, and Wasp: two of the least dark Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Amen!

OH I KNOW RIGHT? WTF??

However, this is the one I was thinking of: New Warriors Jubilee:

Though to be fair, everyone had a fair bit of "prettification" plastic surgery in that book, two of the most extreme examples being Beak and Angel.

!
    Erk. Splinching incident with Emma Frost. The black choker covers the join.
    Last edited by Sea Hound; 02-18-2015 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Indeed, She-Hulk should be super-muscular. That's the only way She-Hulk really makes sense.

One of my favorite aspects of the Dan Slott run on She-Hulk was that despite the cover portrayals of She-Hulk being along the lines of this:
    51FWPiDvmoL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Interior artist Juan Bobillo still depicted Jennifer like THIS:
    (welcome to the gun show!)
    5kjbec.jpg 11.JB.SheHulk2.jpg

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Have any of you noticed that Sue Storm is missing from the A-Force? I guess this is all part of Marvel's plan to put the Fantastic Four on the shelf for a while?

I'm just so interested in finding out how g willow wilson will write nico minoru. Like the young avengers, nico is no longer a child and I would expect her to start getting more adult responsibilities. Maybe if it all works out well enough (which I'm sure it would) nico might even get her own book?

I've often thought she was too big a character for a team book like runaways even though I love all the characters

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I dig the look for Captain America 2099, it's just one of those things that make sense.

Think I've posted the following pics before on another thread, but I really like Sejic's depiction of She-Hulk too. Looks a lot closer to her male counterpart and definitely has the muscle mass. Not sure many people would share my view though.

Attached Images Attached Images

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    I dig the look for Captain America 2099, it's just one of those things that make sense.

Think I've posted the following pics before on another thread, but I really like Sejic's depiction of She-Hulk too. Looks a lot closer to her male counterpart and definitely has the muscle mass. Not sure many people would share my view though.

Oh, I hadn't seen that second one yet. Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    Have any of you noticed that Sue Storm is missing from the A-Force? I guess this is all part of Marvel's plan to put the Fantastic Four on the shelf for a while?
    I guess so. I mean, Sue will be in a story in SHIELD that tells a tale from the past...

http://marvel.wikia.com/S.H.I.E.L.D._Vol_3_4

...But I seem to recall reading somewhere about a new Fantastic Four. I thought it was the May solits but it isn't there anymore. Weird. I think it was a story in a Secret Wars title.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post

I like it!
    Prεtty Pεnny