View Poll Results: Who is Marvel's lead female?

Voters
650. You may not vote on this poll
  • BLACK WIDOW [Natasha Romanova]

49 7.54%
  • CAPTAIN MARVEL [Carol Danvers]

126 19.38%
  • ELEKTRA [Elektra Natchios]

5 0.77%
  • INVISIBLE WOMAN [Sue Richard]

55 8.46%
  • KITTY PRYDE

22 3.38%
  • JEAN GREY

89 13.69%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

6 0.92%
  • ROGUE [Anna Marie]

43 6.62%
  • PSYLOCKE [Elisabeth ‘Betsy’ Braddock]

10 1.54%
  • SCARLET WITCH [Wanda Maximoff]

29 4.46%
  • SHE-HULK [Jennifer Walters]

37 5.69%
  • SPIDERWOMAN [Jessica Drew]

10 1.54%
  • STORM [Queen Ororo Monroe]

129 19.85%
  • WHITE QUEEN [Emma Frost]

29 4.46%
  • WASP [Janet vanDyne]

11 1.69%
Page 105 of 182 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2721
    BANNED

Is Silk the X-23 in Spider books?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Oh my gosh who's reading silk? I'm loving it! It's likely the introvert is the hero but not in a loser way like wolverine.

Silk seems like one of those people who is just as happy sitting home watching Netflix as much as going out and doing stuff. Love her! I hope she sticks around
    Well she did spend like over a decade locked in a bunker apparently just watching tons of TV. So it's not that surprising that she's developed a taste for it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I don't really think that the two are all that comparable. X-23 was a character who was introduced in another medium (the X-Men: Evolution animated show) and become popular enough that they added her to the comics. She has more in-common with Harley Quinn in that regard than she does with Silk. And character-wise they're very different as well.

Nope, if anything she has more in common with the teenage Jean Grey instead.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Yeah MC2 has a number of stories that could easily be made into a cartoon if Marvel wanted to. I really wish that the series could come back.

Eh, Silk as x-23, probably not. I would think that Kaine is closer to X-23 in personality. Silk is, wow, I'm not really sure.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Oh my gosh who's reading silk? I'm loving it! It's likely the introvert is the hero but not in a loser way like wolverine.

Silk seems like one of those people who is just as happy sitting home watching Netflix as much as going out and doing stuff. Love her! I hope she sticks around
    I didn't read it, but I'm glad it's good!

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    I have it, it's in the pile, just haven't read it yet. I've been trying to get through some other much slower comics first. It's pretty tough because I just bought 19 total Sunday. DARN buy one get one free sales. Lol
    Those always get ya! ;P

=============

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=26278

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...in-secret-wars
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...unaways-return

Ahaha, I love how SHOPPING has been the excuse to slip away for Sue's secret agent work all these years. None of the men on her team, not Reed, not Johnny, not Ben... none of them would ever question a woman suddenly leaving to go shopping! It works out so well that she happened to be the only woman on a team of all men. Otherwise, someone might've figured out what was going on.

(I'm not saying that to be sexist, but Sue's been a member of the Fantastic Four for decades -- it's inevitable that the men around her treated her with a bit of the inherent sexism of the times at some point in the past.)
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...unaways-return

Ahaha, I love how SHOPPING has been the excuse to slip away for Sue's secret agent work all these years. None of the men on her team, not Reed, not Johnny, not Ben... none of them would ever question a woman suddenly leaving to go shopping! It works out so well that she happened to be the only woman on a team of all men. Otherwise, someone might've figured out what was going on.

(I'm not saying that to be sexist, but Sue's been a member of the Fantastic Four for decades -- it's inevitable that the men around her treated her with a bit of the inherent sexism of the times at some point in the past.)
    Is this placed in the 616 universe, right ?.

spoilers:
    Because if it is, then Reed is pretty aware, given that she is the Illuminati's mole in Rogers' SHIELD, as we learned in Time Runs Out.
    end of spoilers

Anyways, the FF distrusting Sue would be like the X-men distrusting Jean Grey.
    Last edited by dragonmp93; 02-28-2015 at 11:14 AM.

I've been looking forward to Sue in the SHILED book. The art looks good so far.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Is this placed in the 616 universe, right ?.

spoilers:
    Because if it is, then Reed is pretty aware, given that she is the Illuminati's mole in Rogers' SHIELD, as we learned in Time Runs Out.
    end of spoilers

Anyways, the FF distrusting Sue would be like the X-men distrusting Jean Grey.
    Re: the spoiler: I didn't know that! Pretty cool, then. ;D

Not distrusting at all, just wondering where she's going suddenly for hours on end. But call it "shopping" and, oh, that suddenly makes total sense then. ;P
    Prεtty Pεnny

FYI:
    http://goodcomics.comicbookresources...men-in-comics/

So, with the intent of shining a spotlight on female creators and getting people thinking about all the great work they have done and are doing, Brian and I decided to run a 50 Top Women Writers and Artists in Comics poll in the month of March (which is of course Women’s History Month). The poll will open Monday (3/2/15) and run for two weeks. At the at the end of March (3/21-3/31) we’ll have the results. Just like we do for the regular poll, the winners will be broken up into sets and serve as rather wonderful spotlights of their work.
    If you think they're missing an important writer or artist in the Massive List they have compiled so far, you've still got till Monday, March 2nd to post a comment asking for the addition.
    Prεtty Pεnny

BANNED

I really enjoyed reading The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #2. Also, it was great to see an Iron Man suit for Squirrel Girl.

Re: the spoiler: I didn't know that! Pretty cool, then. ;D

Not distrusting at all, just wondering where she's going suddenly for hours on end. But call it "shopping" and, oh, that suddenly makes total sense then. ;P
    Well, i dont think that its any different from Wolverine saying that he is "going for a beer".

I really enjoyed reading The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #2. Also, it was great to see an Iron Man suit for Squirrel Girl.
    And dont forget how she got the armor in the first place.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    And dont forget how she got the armor in the first place.
    Yeah! The issue was fun and entertaining,

FYI:
    http://goodcomics.comicbookresources...men-in-comics/

If you think they're missing an important writer or artist in the Massive List they have compiled so far, you've still got till Monday, March 2nd to post a comment asking for the addition.
    I'm really looking forward to voting in that. I voted for four women in the CBR poll - Kelly Sue DeConnick and Jen Van Meter were #s 2 and 3 on my writer list, while Emma Rios and Stephanie Hans were my top two artists. It'll be interesting to see which female creators are most popular with CBR's voters. Some are pretty safe bets - KSD, Gail Simone, Marjorie Liu, Amanda Conner, Fiona Staples, Sara Pichelli, Noelle Stevenson, Louise Simonson, probably Ann Nocenti, and plenty others. I'm guessing Jordie Bellaire will make it. I would think Alison Bechdel, Becky Cloonan, I would hope Colleen Coover. Jen Van Meter? Faith Erin Hicks? Joelle Jones? Probably Devin Grayson. G. Willow Wilson seems likely, given the huge success of Ms. Marvel.

Looking through that list, there are a ton of names that feel like they should get a lot of votes. I guess we'll see how it turns out. It's very exciting.