View Poll Results: Who is Marvel's lead female?

Voters
650. You may not vote on this poll
  • BLACK WIDOW [Natasha Romanova]

49 7.54%
  • CAPTAIN MARVEL [Carol Danvers]

126 19.38%
  • ELEKTRA [Elektra Natchios]

5 0.77%
  • INVISIBLE WOMAN [Sue Richard]

55 8.46%
  • KITTY PRYDE

22 3.38%
  • JEAN GREY

89 13.69%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

6 0.92%
  • ROGUE [Anna Marie]

43 6.62%
  • PSYLOCKE [Elisabeth ‘Betsy’ Braddock]

10 1.54%
  • SCARLET WITCH [Wanda Maximoff]

29 4.46%
  • SHE-HULK [Jennifer Walters]

37 5.69%
  • SPIDERWOMAN [Jessica Drew]

10 1.54%
  • STORM [Queen Ororo Monroe]

129 19.85%
  • WHITE QUEEN [Emma Frost]

29 4.46%
  • WASP [Janet vanDyne]

11 1.69%
Page 11 of 182 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    How many all-women teams and nations do you know? Off the top of my head:

Lady Liberators I (headed by Enchantress disguised as Valkyrie)
    Lady Liberators II (Thundra, She-Hulk, Valkyrie and Invisible Woman, later Storm as prominent members, others joined)
    Fearless Defenders
    Daughters of the Dragon (Misty Knight and Colleen Wing)
    Femizons (Superia's group)
    Femizonia/United Sisterhood Republic (Thundra's Earth)
    B.A.D. (Black Mamba, Asp, Diamondback)
    Valkyrior
    Disir
    Amazons (ruled by Hippolyta, Artume, then Delphyne Gorgon)
    Would the Dora Milaje of Wakanda count? They're not their own nation, but they are pretty much Amazons, lol.

Also, yay for the Storm series! She looks so badass!
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    Those Storm pages are giving me everything I need. Bless.

By the way, I've read the already released issues of Soule's She-Hulk and I LOVE IT.
    I want to read more of her but I'm not super familiar. What other volume should I get ?
    The John Byrne volume was much-loved. Lots of humour. The Dan Slott run was also fairly well-received, for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    Those Storm pages are giving me everything I need. Bless.

By the way, I've read the already released issues of Soule's She-Hulk and I LOVE IT.
    I want to read more of her but I'm not super familiar. What other volume should I get ?
    As its been mentioned you can get the first volume of John Byrne's Sensational She-Hulk (breaking the fourth wall before Deadpool, see below) and Dan Slott's run (which is very much like the current Soule run) has been re-released in two big volumes. I would also recommend reading her stint on the Fantastic Four which you can read that from volumes 4-8 of John Byrne Visonaries Fantastic Four or Fantastic Four by John Byrne Ominbus volume 2, the former is probably the cheaper option. There is also a Peter David run which is decent but very different from Dan Slott's (it follows straight after Slott's) the Lady Liberators arc is pretty good. There is also the Savage She-Hulk series which is not great but if your curious to see her origin and how the character used to be (she is vastly different now) you can get the whole series in an essentional tbp.

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

I LOVELOVELOVE this thread!

(My) Goddesses of Colour/Art: Laura Martin, Sonia Oback, Christina Strain, Sara Pichelli.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

I'd love to see more work by Stephanie Hans. She has a very beautiful, lyrical, painterly style, and had done a number of beautiful covers, (all of Kieron Gillen's JiM, one for Firestar, amongst others) and the occasional full issue. (One fearless defenders, and a couple of JiM ones).

Here's a lovely example of her Marvel work.
    image.jpg
    "Self has no time for this."

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    I'd love to see more work by Stephanie Hans. She has a very beautiful, lyrical, painterly style, and had done a number of beautiful covers, (all of Kieron Gillen's JiM, one for Firestar, amongst others) and the occasional full issue. (One fearless defenders, and a couple of JiM ones).
    She's my second-favourite artist, behind only Emma Rios. It's gorgeous work. The problem is it apparently takes her forever to do. Still, I think Marvel should just have her permanently doing something. Fill-in issues, one-shots, back-ups, whatever.

And as an aside, since this is CBR, it's worth mentioning that Stephanie Hans also did the covers for Kelly Thompson's books.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    She's my second-favourite artist, behind only Emma Rios. It's gorgeous work. The problem is it apparently takes her forever to do. Still, I think Marvel should just have her permanently doing something. Fill-in issues, one-shots, back-ups, whatever.

And as an aside, since this is CBR, it's worth mentioning that Stephanie Hans also did the covers for Kelly Thompson's books.
    I'm not surprised she's slow, since every panel is basically a little painting. Glad I'm not alone in my enthusiasm. I'm grateful for any work we get. The Storm variant cover posted earlier is also very beautiful.

"Self has no time for this."

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    The John Byrne volume was much-loved. Lots of humour. The Dan Slott run was also fairly well-received, for the most part.
    Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    As its been mentioned you can get the first volume of John Byrne's Sensational She-Hulk (breaking the fourth wall before Deadpool, see below) and Dan Slott's run (which is very much like the current Soule run) has been re-released in two big volumes. I would also recommend reading her stint on the Fantastic Four which you can read that from volumes 4-8 of John Byrne Visonaries Fantastic Four or Fantastic Four by John Byrne Ominbus volume 2, the former is probably the cheaper option. There is also a Peter David run which is decent but very different from Dan Slott's (it follows straight after Slott's) the Lady Liberators arc is pretty good. There is also the Savage She-Hulk series which is not great but if your curious to see her origin and how the character used to be (she is vastly different now) you can get the whole series in an essentional tbp.

http://mightygodking.com/images/bigbuxcomix.jpg
    Thanks a lot. I'll check those out

I'm dying to check out the podcast. I've downloaded it, now I just need a train trip to listen to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    And while not necessarily an all female team, Spurrier's X-Force boasts the ranking of Psylocke, Marrow and Meme and all are utilized fantastically. Any fans of the characters or those who want to get into them should definitely think about picking it up. Domino, Meggan and Faiza Hussein will also be appearing in future issues within the next few months.
    Who is Meme??? Is she new?

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Who is Meme??? Is she new?
    spoilers:
    she was a new mutant who was supposedly hurt in the Alexandria incident but the most recent issue revealed that Hope Summers has been using her powers to inhabit Meme's mind/body so that she can stay close to Cable.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    she was a new mutant who was supposedly hurt in the Alexandria incident but the most recent issue revealed that Hope Summers has been using her powers to inhabit Meme's mind/body so that she can stay close to Cable.
    end of spoilers
    Ohhhh... interesting! Is she the cat thief???

Extraordinary Member

She looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Ohhhh... interesting! Is she the cat thief???

[IMG]http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/XFORCE2014004-int3-4-999df.jpg[IMG]
    That's Anais. Apart of France's superhero team.
    Here is some insight into Meme(posting links to pages so as not to spoil anything :
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-vZtWS5lfNn...Force02-01.jpg
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5JWbUKRd6M...Force02-02.jpg
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-D4XHkuEdVG...t2-3-ffb76.jpg
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-n_BLRKIo5p...-Force6-03.png

You should really think about going back and getting into X-Force, Kieran. I remember you saying you didn't care much for the first issue and how Fanto was portrayed but it really has picked up and Spurrier has actually given reasons in story for the whys and hows characters are acting certain ways. I had a friend who didn't much care for it but he stuck with it and now it's his favorite book.

That's Anais. Apart of France's superhero team.
    Here is some insight into Meme(posting links to pages so as not to spoil anything :
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-vZtWS5lfNn...Force02-01.jpg
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5JWbUKRd6M...Force02-02.jpg
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-D4XHkuEdVG...t2-3-ffb76.jpg
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-n_BLRKIo5p...-Force6-03.png
    You should really think about going back and getting into X-Force, Kieran. I remember you saying you didn't care much for the first issue and how Fanto was portrayed but it really has picked up and Spurrier has actually given reasons in story for the whys and hows characters are acting certain ways. I had a friend who didn't much care for it but he stuck with it and now it's his favorite book.
    WOW!
    a) thank-you for this... I think you've managed to sell me on it, kudos
    b) that page with the "elders" was AWESOME (and so nice to see a writer acknowledge all the other comics and factions)
    c) spoilers:
    so Meme is basically Hope, if Meme is brain dead, right?
    end of spoilers