View Poll Results: Who is Marvel's lead female?

Voters
650. You may not vote on this poll
  • BLACK WIDOW [Natasha Romanova]

49 7.54%
  • CAPTAIN MARVEL [Carol Danvers]

126 19.38%
  • ELEKTRA [Elektra Natchios]

5 0.77%
  • INVISIBLE WOMAN [Sue Richard]

55 8.46%
  • KITTY PRYDE

22 3.38%
  • JEAN GREY

89 13.69%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

6 0.92%
  • ROGUE [Anna Marie]

43 6.62%
  • PSYLOCKE [Elisabeth ‘Betsy’ Braddock]

10 1.54%
  • SCARLET WITCH [Wanda Maximoff]

29 4.46%
  • SHE-HULK [Jennifer Walters]

37 5.69%
  • SPIDERWOMAN [Jessica Drew]

10 1.54%
  • STORM [Queen Ororo Monroe]

129 19.85%
  • WHITE QUEEN [Emma Frost]

29 4.46%
  • WASP [Janet vanDyne]

11 1.69%
Page 180 of 182 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182 LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 2721
    BANNED

Talking Happy Wanda Day!!!

Courtesy of the poster leokearon

I hope maybe the new Invaders series finds a way to guest-star Jacqueline, either in the present-day or a flashback to WWII.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post

Courtesy of the poster leokearon
    WAIT, I Missed the Fact that it is Wanda Day, How did I forget that?!

But really I was not aware of when the day Was, Thanks for Celebrating it 616MarvelYear is LeapYear!

GORGEOUS ARTWORK!!! =D

So I don't forget, is their a specific reason again why 12/9 is Wanda day, I feel so bad to ask being BIG Wanda fan that I am, but it slips my mind as of now?
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

One good Golden Age Heroine deserves another:

Yay, Spitfire!

Yay, Miss America!

The description in the second Miss America pic is accurate regarding her 4 powers, although Marvel never gave her the appropriate stats in their write ups. For example, Madeline's strength is way above athlete being at superhuman levels, she could actually fly, had atomic vision and a heightened intellect.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    So I don't forget, is their a specific reason again why 12/9 is Wanda day, I feel so bad to ask being BIG Wanda fan that I am, but it slips my mind as of now?
    Courtesy of the poster leokearon https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post1653344

BANNED

Uncanny X-Men #231 July 1988
    "Dressed for Dinner"
    Colossus is plagued with nightmares about his sister Illyana being dressed for a regal event before
    being pushed into a massive oven to be cooked alive, leaving him to wonder if his sister is in trouble.
    Going into the Outback to let off some steam, Colossus becomes red hot under the Australian sun
    and when Rogue comes to check on him she burns her hand on his armored form.
    She cautions him to be careful as he could possibly burn someone if he's not careful.
    When he goes to look at his sketch book of his sister, his worries increase when
    suddenly to his horror his super-hot body causes the sketchbook to go up in flames.
    He rages, and when he sees Gateway watching him, he wonders if the mute Aboriginal is mocking him.
    He is soon cooled off by Storm who summons a rain cloud to lower his temperature.

After discussing his apparent increases in power, Peter expresses his concern for Illyana's well being.

Storm denies his request to go and see her, telling him that in order for the X-Men to protect their loved
    ones and be able to strike at their enemies, they must continue the illusion that they are deceased.
    Upset by this, Colossus pushes aside his worries telling her that she is probably right, but can't help but wonder for certain.

Later, as the X-Men wash up after supper, the team notes how miserable Colossus has been

and convince Storm that they should let him go and check on Illyana.
    As soon as Storm agrees to allow this, Gateway appears as if he read their minds and leads the X-Men to the hill where he meditates.
    There he opens a portal to send Colossus to check on his sister.
    Peter goes alone, with his comrades wishing him luck.

Colossus appears in Limbo, the demonic realm ruled by Illyana.
    There Illyana is attempting to cast a necromantic spell to summon her brothers supposedly dead soul to help her with her current crisis.
    While she is doing so, S'ym mocks her telling the young Darkchylde that he will soon usurp control of Limbo from her and rule it over her.
    When Peter appears, Illyana believes that her spell has worked, little realizing that Peter is not really dead.
    Colossus, seeing this as an ideal opportunity to maintain the X-Men's cover, decides to use this as a ruse.
    When S'ym once more mocks her, Colossus goes into a fury and jumps down to attack him, smashing his technorganic form to bits.
    Illyana is surprised that a "necromantic shade" could act so independently, however Colossus
    covers for this telling her that he is the "essence" of her brother, so why wouldn't he act as he would.
    He then asks why he was summoned to her, and she tells him that he needs his strength to help save the New Mutants.

Teleporting them both to Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, Colossus sees that it is slowly going through some kind of transformation.
    Illyana explains that one day she was struggling to study and write a paper on Mikhail Bulgakov's story the Master and Margarita
    when she was suddenly attacked by the characters from the book. Namely Azazello, Hehemoth and Koroviev.
    Easily captured, she was taken to their leader, the witch known as Baba Yaga who had all the other New Mutants captured and bound.
    She explains that she intends to cook them and eat them. When Illyana attempted to summon her Soul Sword, she found her magics block
    and so she teleported away to Limbo, but was unable to rescue her friends. It was at this point she thought to summon Peter's "spirit" to help,
    as mystical beings have a natural weakness to iron his armored form would be an ideal weapon to use.

Soon, Colossus is teleported above the school and he smashes through the schools roof and into the lap of his enemies who are working on
    fattening up the captured New Mutants. Baba Yaga sends her minions on Peter while she absconds with the children so that she can toss them in her oven.
    Colossus easily over powers his attackers and follows after Baba Yaga. When a pathway to her kitchen is too small for his Colossus form,
    Peter forces himself to revert back to his human form to fit through.
    In his vulnerable state, Yaga is able to easily over power him, however before she can rip out his throat Peter returns to his organic steel form.
    Contact with the steel of his body causes Baba Yaga to seemingly explode, ending her threat. After Illyana uses her powers to restore the mansion,
    she teleports the Colossus and the New Mutants back to Limbo to reverse the spells Baba Yaga cast on the Mutants.

There Illyana acts ashamed of her demonic nature, telling him her brother that the only reason why she is good is because she chooses to be.
    Peter tells his sister that's the point, and that he is proud of her, and that with work she can become something greater than a demon sorcerer
    and that he will always love her. When she remarks that he is "dead", he tells her that nobody is ever truly dead as long as they are remembered.
    When Gateway's portal opens up again Peter leaves his sister telling her to remember him.
    Not willing to let her brother go, Illyana considers casting the spell again, but considers that she was
    lucky as the spell should have made her Darkchilde side take full control, and dares not risk it again.
    She instead frees her friends from Baba Yaga's magics and return the Mutants home so that they can follow her brothers example.

Down below, one of the Right soldiers banished to Limbo earlier believes S'ym to be dead and decides to take over as leader of the demon hordes.
    However, S'ym has managed to reconstitute himself and kill the soldier. He laughs about how the barrier between Earth and Limbo are growing thinner
    and that "Baba Yaga" was really a Limbo demon who broke through, and soon they all will and take over the Earth.

Story by Chris Claremont. Art by Rick Leonardi and Dan Green.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Marvel Announces All-New, All-Female Team Series

by Noah Dominguez – on Dec 11, 2018 in Comics, Comic News

Marvel has announced an all-new, five-issue limited series titled Domino: Hotshots, which is set to feature an all-female team of lead characters with the X-Men's resident "lady luck" as the leader. The new series also boasts an "all-new story filled with feisty femme fatales, intense action, mercenary adventures and espionage."

In addition to Domino herself, this team-up will consist of Black Widow, White Fox, Atlas Bear, Outlaw and Diamondback (Rachel Leighton). Marvel describes the bunch as a "dangerous crew of international women -- the newest group of hot shots to enter the Marvel Universe."

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-announces-domino-hotshots/

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Marvel Announces All-New, All-Female Team Series

by Noah Dominguez – on Dec 11, 2018 in Comics, Comic News

Marvel has announced an all-new, five-issue limited series titled Domino: Hotshots, which is set to feature an all-female team of lead characters with the X-Men's resident "lady luck" as the leader. The new series also boasts an "all-new story filled with feisty femme fatales, intense action, mercenary adventures and espionage."

In addition to Domino herself, this team-up will consist of Black Widow, White Fox, Atlas Bear, Outlaw and Diamondback (Rachel Leighton). Marvel describes the bunch as a "dangerous crew of international women -- the newest group of hot shots to enter the Marvel Universe."

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-announces-domino-hotshots/

Oh hey, they remembered White Fox .

(And Diamondback has a new costume).

(Is this Marvel's Birds of Prey?).

I don't like the name, but this could be cool. It's really weird to have Natasha being lead by Domino, thought. I don't really think she'd accept it.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I don't like the name, but this could be cool. It's really weird to have Natasha being lead by Domino, thought. I don't really think she'd accept it.
    Yeah, but I suppose she doesn't really seek out leadership roles as much as she falls into them. I'm mostly happy that Greg Land isn't still doing the covers!

It's cool to see more of White Fox (especially as she was recently added into Marvel Future Fight).

I really love that cover and as many have said I'm glad it wasn't done by Greg Land lmao.

I think that Atlas Bear is the woman who hired Domino for the last story arc with Morbius.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh hey, they remembered White Fox .

(And Diamondback has a new costume).

(Is this Marvel's Birds of Prey?).
    If it is then Gail Simone is the perfect person to write it.

Gail Simone asked on twitter who they would like to see in a marvel version of birds of prey a few months ago. Not that any suggestion made it in, lol. why bother asking.

Ultimate Member

Honestly this is a pretty cool team. I mean I might have added Black Cat in there perhaps, but overall not bad not bad.