View Poll Results: Who is Marvel's lead female?

Voters
650. You may not vote on this poll
  • BLACK WIDOW [Natasha Romanova]

49 7.54%
  • CAPTAIN MARVEL [Carol Danvers]

126 19.38%
  • ELEKTRA [Elektra Natchios]

5 0.77%
  • INVISIBLE WOMAN [Sue Richard]

55 8.46%
  • KITTY PRYDE

22 3.38%
  • JEAN GREY

89 13.69%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

6 0.92%
  • ROGUE [Anna Marie]

43 6.62%
  • PSYLOCKE [Elisabeth ‘Betsy’ Braddock]

10 1.54%
  • SCARLET WITCH [Wanda Maximoff]

29 4.46%
  • SHE-HULK [Jennifer Walters]

37 5.69%
  • SPIDERWOMAN [Jessica Drew]

10 1.54%
  • STORM [Queen Ororo Monroe]

129 19.85%
  • WHITE QUEEN [Emma Frost]

29 4.46%
  • WASP [Janet vanDyne]

11 1.69%
Page 5 of 182 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Mockingbird (aka Bobbi Morse) is one of the best female Marvel characters out there.

New Avengers: The Reunion (2009 - 4 issues)
    Hawkeye & Mockingbird (2010 - 6 issues)

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Marvel's top lead females for me are:

Black Widow
    Storm
    Phoenix (Jean Grey)
    Invisible Woman
    Ms. Marvel /Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)
    Scarlet Witch
    Wasp
    Spider-Woman
    Mockingbird
    She-Hulk
    Polaris
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

I've now updates the lists of solo, minis and all female teams... would love more suggestions, if anyone can think of any.

Also... SO happy this thread is seeing so much love, Marvel has created such an amazing amount of female heroes, they needed celebrating!!!

BANNED

Kieran Frost, don't forget:

Ororo: Before The Storm (2005) #1-4 by Marc Sumerak
    Storm vol 2 (2006) #1-6 by Eric Jerome Dickey
    Magik (Storm and Illyana) (1983) #1-4 by Chris Claremont
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 06-20-2014 at 03:08 AM.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I've now updates the lists of solo, minis and all female teams... would love more suggestions, if anyone can think of any.

Also... SO happy this thread is seeing so much love, Marvel has created such an amazing amount of female heroes, they needed celebrating!!!

Hiya Kieran. Love the thread.
    I think you're missing Chris Claremont's MechaniX and Ellis's Pryde and Wisdom in your Duet section.
    And because I love the fact it survived, here's a letter from John Byrne to Chris Claremont, discussing her design.

image.jpg
    "Self has no time for this."

Extraordinary Member

My top gals are:
    Black Widow
    Carol Danvers
    She-Hulk
    Spider-Woman
    Ms Marvel
    Wasp

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Beautiful ariwl1. I have to say, Phil Noto draws these characters almost exactly like I imagine them in my head. And since I'm on a Kitty kick, here's his Kitty and Lockheed.

image.jpg
    "Self has no time for this."

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    You know who I'd love to draw an issue of Elektra? Emma Rios. Partly it's because I want to see Emma Rios draw everything. But I think she'd do a fantastic job with Elektra. Michael Del Mundo's art is very stylized, and very kinetic, owing a lot to Bill Sienkewicz. Emma Rios' art is similar, except even more so. No one does movement like Rios. No one. Del Mundo can make his characters move, but Rios can convey movement in a panel where characters aren't even moving. She excels at doing dark and intimate stuff, we know she can do weird and mystical beautifully, and she conveys a lot of emotion with faces and body language.

All of these are things the current Elektra run has plenty of. So she'd be a good fit to do an issue, or even a full arc. She wouldn't be a big departure from Del Mundo, but there's enough differences to make it interesting.

For much the same reasons, I also want to see her do an issue of All-New Ghost Rider. And maybe Black Widow. And, you know, pretty much any book, because I will buy any comic she draws.

Only vaguely related: I also still want Jamie McKelvie to do fill-in issues on Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel, and Nightcrawler. He designed the Captain Marvel uniform, and did an amazing job on it, so I'd like to see him tackle a whole issue. He keeps doing covers for Ms. Marvel, and they're gorgeous and fun, so I'd like to see him do the interiors for an issue, too. And the same with Nightcrawler.
    Rios actually did Elektra's one shot for Shadowland.

Ultimate Member

I like that while DC has one obvious 'leading lady,' in Wonder Woman, who tends to get a constant push, even if her titles tend to fail, Marvel doesn't have a single character pegged as 'our female representation for the whole company.'

Invisible Woman, Jean Grey, Scarlet Witch and Wasp are some of the longest lasting heroines, and while they've had their ups and downs, no one of them was ever 'Marvel's girl hero' and promoted to the exclusion of others, with an array of failed solo titles to justify the silly notion that 'boys don't like books about strong female characters.'

While great characters like Zatanna, Black Canary or Dr. (Kimiyo) Light tend to get pushed off the team, because the 'League' always has to have Wonder Woman, and any other female presence is surplus to the requirements, the existence of multiple X-teams, Avengers teams and a Fantastic Four team allows for a lot more positions for heroic ladies to occupy, and so we'll always see more of later-arriving female characters like Storm than Vixen, or She-Hulk than Hawkwoman.

Now Marvel just needs to get in gear and put some super-powered women in their movies. Looking forward to the Scarlet Witch joining Sif and Black Widow (and ever-so-briefly Extremis-powered Pepper) on that score.

Couple more minis, one-shots and duets books.

Minis: Fall of the Hulks: The Savage She-Hulks, She-Hulk: Cermony, Marvel Her-Oes, Girl Comics
    One-Shots: She-Hulk: Cosmic Collision, She-Hulk: Sensational
    Duet: Hulk Family: Green Genes (features She-hulk, Lyra and Camilla Black), Hulk: Raging Thunder (featuring Thundra origin of Lyra), The Thing and She-Hulk: The Long Night

I don't know if this would be in its own section or part of the one-shot list but there are some old Marvel Graphic novels that featured some of the Women of Marvel.

#12 Dazzler the Movie
    #16 The Aladdin Effect (features Storm, Tigra, She-Hulk and the Wasp)
    #18 The Sensational She-Hulk
    #34 Cloak and Dagger

Jessica Drew Spider-Woman for me... Can't believe mine is the only vote unless everyone else is refusing to participate since both names are wrong?

Love Jean and Kitty as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    Couple more minis, one-shots and duets books.

Minis: Fall of the Hulks: The Savage She-Hulks, She-Hulk: Cermony, Marvel Her-Oes, Girl Comics
    One-Shots: She-Hulk: Cosmic Collision, She-Hulk: Sensational
    Duet: Hulk Family: Green Genes (features She-hulk, Lyra and Camilla Black), Hulk: Raging Thunder (featuring Thundra origin of Lyra), The Thing and She-Hulk: The Long Night

I don't know if this would be in its own section or part of the one-shot list but there are some old Marvel Graphic novels that featured some of the Women of Marvel.

#12 Dazzler the Movie
    #16 The Aladdin Effect (features Storm, Tigra, She-Hulk and the Wasp)
    #18 The Sensational She-Hulk
    #34 Cloak and Dagger

I didn't know about "The Aladdin Effect" until you posted it here and informing that Storm is there. I've checked the review about it and it was given a poor D+ but I actually like it based on the images shown on this link: http://www.supermegamonkey.net/chron...vel_grap.shtml

Thank you so much.

IMO, Storm is definitely the representative female face of Marvel in pop culture for her appearance in other media besides the comics, like cartoons, video games, movies. Even if a person has never read a comic in life, it's likely that, even then, knows who is Storm. She is a global character.

After her, I would say Jean Grey, Invisible Woman and Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
    IMO, Storm is definitely the representative female face of Marvel in pop culture for her appearance in other media besides the comics, like cartoons, video games, movies. Even if a person has never read a comic in life, it's likely that, even then, knows who is Storm. She is a global character.

After her, I would say Jean Grey, Invisible Woman and Rogue.
    Agreed with this statement. I think also the popularity of the 90's cartoon is what also catapulted her and other X-men members in the pop culture.
    I don't care! I'll start my own group. Rejection from society is what started the X-men.