View Poll Results: Who is Marvel's lead female?

Voters
650. You may not vote on this poll
  • BLACK WIDOW [Natasha Romanova]

49 7.54%
  • CAPTAIN MARVEL [Carol Danvers]

126 19.38%
  • ELEKTRA [Elektra Natchios]

5 0.77%
  • INVISIBLE WOMAN [Sue Richard]

55 8.46%
  • KITTY PRYDE

22 3.38%
  • JEAN GREY

89 13.69%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

6 0.92%
  • ROGUE [Anna Marie]

43 6.62%
  • PSYLOCKE [Elisabeth ‘Betsy’ Braddock]

10 1.54%
  • SCARLET WITCH [Wanda Maximoff]

29 4.46%
  • SHE-HULK [Jennifer Walters]

37 5.69%
  • SPIDERWOMAN [Jessica Drew]

10 1.54%
  • STORM [Queen Ororo Monroe]

129 19.85%
  • WHITE QUEEN [Emma Frost]

29 4.46%
  • WASP [Janet vanDyne]

11 1.69%
Page 56 of 182 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    That's a good point, abut using camera tricks to make her look taller if need be.

As for the technology used to create Old Peggy... I didn't believe you until I read it for myself!

http://www.fxguide.com/featured/capt...g-new-heights/

If they can do that, when I believed it was made using practical make-up effects... then yeah, lol, you could use computer technology.
    It will be interesting to see what they could do with Jen.

I think that if she spends more time hulked out, the logical (read: cheaper) option would be casting a tall actress and use the same effect they used in The First Avenger when she's unhulked.

So Marvel editor and Kamala Khan co-creator Sana Amanat is being featured in a toothpaste commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3klwYhJEEEM

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Centipede Damascus View Post
    So Marvel editor and Kamala Khan co-creator Sana Amanat is being featured in a toothpaste commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3klwYhJEEEM
    Soooo awesome (except for the fact that it's a toothpaste ad, rofl).

I liked seeing her on the Marvel 75th Anniversary special, too. ^.^
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Hard not to feel excluded from this "celebratory back-slapping" when Pixie remains buried in unused limbo.

By all means, though, continue. Even though some of these "long-in-the-tooth" characters are finding that their 4th or 5th or 6th iterations of a solo title fare no better than their last ones.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    Hard not to feel excluded from this "celebratory back-slapping" when Pixie remains buried in unused limbo.

By all means, though, continue. Even though some of these "long-in-the-tooth" characters are finding that their 4th or 5th or 6th iterations of a solo title fare no better than their last ones.
    It's weird that Pixie's dropped into limbo lately. For a while, she looked like she was going to be the New X-Men character who became a permanent X-Man. She was certainly doing more than any other New X-Men. Hopefully, she gets some spotlight again soon. She could be part of a new volume of New X-Men. Come on, Marvel, just frigging do it already!

There are a lot of newer (relative to the old standbys) characters that have gone unused as of late.

Makes me wonder what Marvel is thinking, sidelining so many of the younger heroes.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg

Well, from Marvel's point of view, they tried pushing younger characters with Young Avengers, Avengers Arena/Undercover, and New Warriors just recently.

Arena was a mild success, but Undercover crashed and burned. New Warriors fizzled out pretty quickly too. Young Avengers was a success, though.

From Marvel's point of view, young hero books just aren't a good bet right now, Ms. Marvel's success notwithstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Centipede Damascus View Post
    Well, from Marvel's point of view, they tried pushing younger characters with Young Avengers, Avengers Arena/Undercover, and New Warriors just recently.

Arena was a mild success, but Undercover crashed and burned. New Warriors fizzled out pretty quickly too. Young Avengers was a success, though.

From Marvel's point of view, young hero books just aren't a good bet right now, Ms. Marvel's success notwithstanding.
    Yeah, but shouldn't there always be at least one good "young heroes" book on the market, regardless of whether it makes a modest profit or not? They've got the kiddie stuff, but what about when those kids become teens? If Marvel wants to keep the audience they're creating with the kids' books, they should have teen books as well. That was certainly my portal to Marvel at that age... I didn't want to read about the adults. ;P
    Prεtty Pεnny

Yep. It really sucks when people are celebrating their favourite characters being getting their own ongoings when Bobbi's proving popular in Agents of SHIELD, and Marvel doesn't have any plans for her in the comics. And she's never even had her own solo, despite people having been asking since Hawkeye & Mockingbird was cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post
    Yep. It really sucks when people are celebrating their favourite characters being getting their own ongoings when Bobbi's proving popular in Agents of SHIELD, and Marvel doesn't have any plans for her in the comics. And she's never even had her own solo, despite people having been asking since Hawkeye & Mockingbird was cancelled.
    Mockingbird!

Now there's a character that should be getting some focus, considering she's been added to the MCU. You'd think she'd get her own ongoing -- or share one with Black Widow or somethin'. Maybe at some point!

http://zabzarock.deviantart.com/art/...bird-326294217
    Prεtty Pεnny

Isn't Mockingbird supposed to be showing up in the Winter Soldier series? She took off with Bucky and Daisy at the end of the To MAIM a Mockingbird arc.

Maybe Mockingbird will be in Mark Waid's SHIELD book or something. She definitely deserves to show up somewhere in an ongoing.

This is apparently a variant cover for SHIELD #1...

Is that Agent May in the center??

http://comicbuzz.com/2014/11/marvel-...-launch-party/
    Prεtty Pεnny

Sure looks like it, with Simmons and Hill flanking. Great looking variant!