View Poll Results: Who is Marvel's lead female?

Voters
650. You may not vote on this poll
  • BLACK WIDOW [Natasha Romanova]

49 7.54%
  • CAPTAIN MARVEL [Carol Danvers]

126 19.38%
  • ELEKTRA [Elektra Natchios]

5 0.77%
  • INVISIBLE WOMAN [Sue Richard]

55 8.46%
  • KITTY PRYDE

22 3.38%
  • JEAN GREY

89 13.69%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

6 0.92%
  • ROGUE [Anna Marie]

43 6.62%
  • PSYLOCKE [Elisabeth ‘Betsy’ Braddock]

10 1.54%
  • SCARLET WITCH [Wanda Maximoff]

29 4.46%
  • SHE-HULK [Jennifer Walters]

37 5.69%
  • SPIDERWOMAN [Jessica Drew]

10 1.54%
  • STORM [Queen Ororo Monroe]

129 19.85%
  • WHITE QUEEN [Emma Frost]

29 4.46%
  • WASP [Janet vanDyne]

11 1.69%
Page 7 of 182 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I didn't know about "The Aladdin Effect" until you posted it here and informing that Storm is there. I've checked the review about it and it was given a poor D+ but I actually like it based on the images shown on this link: http://www.supermegamonkey.net/chron...vel_grap.shtml

Thank you so much.
    The art is good but the story is okay as its been mentioned. I recommend checking out Comicvine they have pretty good list of all apperances for characters e.g. Storm.

http://www.comicvine.com/storm/4005-1444/issues-cover/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by comicfan298 View Post
    The art is good but the story is okay as its been mentioned. I recommend checking out Comicvine they have pretty good list of all apperances for characters e.g. Storm.

http://www.comicvine.com/storm/4005-1444/issues-cover/
    Thanks!

I voted for Mystique. Marvel changes plots, writers, artists, and books as often as Mystique shapeshifts. Another popular character is probably more accurate of fan favorites but Mystique resembles how Marvel itself behaves.
    Last edited by The_Bubblie; 06-22-2014 at 05:02 PM.

Storm's a no brainer. Hope she wins!

Oh goodness, thank-you everyone for your list of comics, will update today. You're all glorious!

Quote Originally Posted by jdtennesse View Post
    Storm's a no brainer. Hope she wins!
    She's winning right now by a lot (YEY - the Goddess is Merciful!)

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Since you said celebrating women behind the scenes as well Kieran, here's one of my favourite X-Women, drawn by the incredible Sara Pichelli. As lovely as this sketch is, I could have picked hundreds of others just as good. Pichelli is just that talented.
    image.jpg
    "Self has no time for this."

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Jean Grey would be the unanimous choice for Marvel's leading lady if they had kept her alive this entire time… While she has plenty of sex appeal, she always keeps it classy and never vulgar, there's a real nobility to the character in every sense of the word.
    On one level I agree with you, given her exposure in animation and the movies (though the Last Stand didn't end on a high note for her). And the only taint in that sex appeal would be her short-lived Black Queen persona, and her clone Madelyne Pryor's Goblin Queen identity (which doesn't really count).

Sue's been called the First Lady of Marvel at times for historical reasons and as the wife and mother in FF, itself called Marvel's First Family. I just wish that outside of her occasional Lady Liberator stints, she'd be a bit more active outside the FF and have good times with gal pals like Janet van Dyne and She-Hulk back in the days.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

HOW have I not posted this image yet???

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    Hiya Kieran. Love the thread.
    I think you're missing Chris Claremont's MechaniX and Ellis's Pryde and Wisdom in your Duet section.
    And because I love the fact it survived, here's a letter from John Byrne to Chris Claremont, discussing her design.
    ??? Neither which appear on Comic Book Database??? Do you have the details (date, issue no#)

Okay... I think (PLEASE tell me if I missed any, I was looking through the whole thread, I know I missed some) I have now updated the list of female comics in the 2nd OP. It's getting pretty awesome, and I'm very happy.

QUESTION: should we do it alphabetically OR should we arrange it by year (to see which year saw the best "push" for females)?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    HOW have I not posted this image yet???

One of the greatest all-female team covers of all time, in my opinion.

Okay... I think (PLEASE tell me if I missed any, I was looking through the whole thread, I know I missed some) I have now updated the list of female comics in the 2nd OP. It's getting pretty awesome, and I'm very happy.

QUESTION: should we do it alphabetically OR should we arrange it by year (to see which year saw the best "push" for females)?
    Alphabetically so don't change it.
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 06-23-2014 at 03:49 AM.

??? Neither which appear on Comic Book Database??? Do you have the details (date, issue no#)
    Hi Kieran,
    Mechanix doesn't appear on the index because I can't spell. (Sorry!) It's Claremont's Mekanix from 2002, and was a six issue mini. Karma has a big role, and it's full of Claremontian lesbian sub text. Here's she and Kitty:
    image.jpg

Pryde and Wisdom is a fairly obscure 3issue mini written by Warren Ellis and spinning out of Excalibur in 1996.

Hi Kieran,
    Mechanix doesn't appear on the index because I can't spell. (Sorry!) It's Claremont's Mekanix from 2002, and was a six issue mini. Karma has a big role, and it's full of Claremontian lesbian sub text. Here's she and Kitty:
    image.jpg

Pryde and Wisdom is a fairly obscure 3issue mini written by Warren Ellis and spinning out of Excalibur in 1996.
    Ahhhh, thank-you thank-you. Found both of them, now added to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    On one level I agree with you, given her exposure in animation and the movies (though the Last Stand didn't end on a high note for her). And the only taint in that sex appeal would be her short-lived Black Queen persona, and her clone Madelyne Pryor's Goblin Queen identity (which doesn't really count).

Sue's been called the First Lady of Marvel at times for historical reasons and as the wife and mother in FF, itself called Marvel's First Family. I just wish that outside of her occasional Lady Liberator stints, she'd be a bit more active outside the FF and have good times with gal pals like Janet van Dyne and She-Hulk back in the days.
    Yeah Sue is always the neglected member in the F4, both Ben and Johnny had a shot at their own solo's and Reed appears whenever someone needs his expertise. But Sue is bound to the team only, it's sad especially when she has so much potential to be more than just apart of her team.... Hopefully someday.

Hi Kieran,
    image.jpg
    I don't think it even counts as subtext. Karma had been more-or-less outed as gay a couple years earlier, in X-Force (I don't think it was outright stated, but it was strongly hinted). The panel you posted was pretty explicit in showing that Karma had a thing for Kitty.

So, yeah, for that one, I don't think it's subtext. It's text.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I don't think it even counts as subtext. Karma had been more-or-less outed as gay a couple years earlier, in X-Force (I don't think it was outright stated, but it was strongly hinted). The panel you posted was pretty explicit in showing that Karma had a thing for Kitty.

So, yeah, for that one, I don't think it's subtext. It's text.
    Somewhere in between maybe. (Almost text?) He's also suggesting that Kitty had an interest in Karma. I guess gay people get such a hard time in real life that I prefer when comic heroes are unambiguously out.