Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    . . . Ten Eyed Man . . .
    And what do people think of the latest version of Ten Eyed Man in Arkham City: The Order of the World?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And what do people think of the latest version of Ten Eyed Man in Arkham City: The Order of the World?
    Creepy.

Almost Lovecraftian.

An excellent upgrade from a joke character!

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Killer Moth, Calendar Man, Catman, Kite Man, Cluemaster (in a cabal with Signal Man and Lock-Up ffs!). ALL have been shown to be credible threats.

It's not bad characters, it's mostly either outdated writing (the character is OLD! Oh no!) or being created intentionally as lesser threats. Either way, they simply haven't been found by the correct writer yet.

Yes, even perennial joke Condiment King could be given a moving tale by having an origin with their kid drowned in a vat of mustard. That doesn't mean he should, btw.

Kite Man. Hell Yeah.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Condiment king is the only lane Batman villain. All they other ones just suffer from bad writing.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Condiment king is the only lame Batman villain. All they other ones just suffer from bad writing.
    Aw, c'mon . . .

Polka-Dot Man / Mr. Polka-Dot doesn't qualify as a "lame villain"?

Mighty Member

Doctor Doom (Detective Comics #158 April 1950). Suffocates in a sealed mummy case inside the Bat-Cave!

Aw, c'mon . . .

Polka-Dot Man / Mr. Polka-Dot doesn't qualify as a "lame villain"?
    I take it you didn't see The Suicide Squad? He was totally redeemed as a character by embracing his perceived lameness.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Actually, there is ONE I can think of...

Skeleton_(New_Earth)_001.jpg

The Skeleton had a lead-in story in a Secret Files and Origins (iirc) then never actually appeared. They were lurking about the abandoned "Old Gotham" area that was built over when Gotham was rebuilt after No Man's Land.

I don't know why I've always remembered this short but my head cannon is that they did this big foreboding speech then were crushed by a bit of falling rubble and died, never to be found or even known about. Just a pointless, darkly comic fate.

I always thought DC were preparing for a Brian K. Vaughan run in the '00s but it never happened. That would have been something special.
    Last edited by exile001; 11-25-2021 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I take it you didn't see The Suicide Squad? He was totally redeemed as a character by embracing his perceived lameness.
    The last DC movie I actually saw was Batman Returns back in '92 when it was out in movie theaters.

Haven't bothered seeing any in their entirety since then, though I occasionally catch bits and pieces of some when they later wind up on TV. I can't be bothered wasting my time on them.

Incredible Member

Personally, never been a big fan of Killer Moth.

The last DC movie I actually saw was Batman Returns back in '92 when it was out in movie theaters.

Haven't bothered seeing any in their entirety since then, though I occasionally catch bits and pieces of some when they later wind up on TV. I can't be bothered wasting my time on them.
    At least tell me you saw Mask of the Phantasm, it's the Batman movie that's most like (comic book) Batman.

He doesn't even kill anybody! How sad is it that that's a big qualifier?

At least tell me you saw Mask of the Phantasm, it's the Batman movie that's most like (comic book) Batman.

I actually haven't seen that yet.

Can't remember if I bought the dvd and haven't gotten around to watching it yet or not . . . have to double-check at some point.

Honestly I LIKED the low body count!!!! yeah.... it was more crime drama and less Mortal Kombat... and that was GOOD! Batman actually pretended to be a detective, unlike most incarnations.... Sure he did a worse job than the Riddler as a detective here, but he at least tried and in most movies he barely even thinks about stuff like evidence and clues....

I agree with a lot of the posters above me, that a good writer can make most lame concepts work. Superheroes as much as i love them, can be an inherently absurd concept at times.

Catman had a glow up with Secret Six, some good work has been done on a bunch of one note characters, hell even Kite Man and the Polka Dot Man has gotten some love. But for the life of me, i cant see the appeal in Scarface and the Ventriloquist, or Maxie Zeus, or Crazy Quilt. and Cluemaster is just a stupider Riddler with gas grenades. If it wasnt for him being Stephanie's dad, he would be the top of my list of lame-o's.