Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I think I know what is causing the Incursions

Hi, everyone. Long time reader, first time poster. I looked around the forum to see if this particular topic had been posted. I didn't see anything, but if I'm late, I apologize.

For those that read New Avengers and Avengers, we know that the Multiverse is dying. As the Black Swan said, "At the birth of Rabum Alal, the early death of everything began". But who is Rabum Alal, and where did he come from?

On my lunch break at work I was rereading Fantastic Four #600. In that story, Reed and Sue Richards have a conversation with Galactus. He tells them he is staying close to Earth, because the Asgardians have the Galactus Seed hidden in the World Tree. If Earth is destroyed the Seed will be lost to places less accessible to him. The being inside the Seed is an aberration. Something to correct a thing that isn't broken.

Sue then asked Galactus if the being inside the Seed would be better than him. Galactus said it would not. It would be immature and that "everything would end much sooner". Then it clicked: Rabum Alal is the being inside the Galactus Seed. On an alternate universe, the Seed hatched, and it led to the destruction of that Universe, the cascading effect is causing the Incursions.

Im at work so I can't post screenshots, but I think its a solid theory.

Quote Originally Posted by WrathofKarl View Post
    Hi, everyone. Long time reader, first time poster. I looked around the forum to see if this particular topic had been posted. I didn't see anything, but if I'm late, I apologize.

For those that read New Avengers and Avengers, we know that the Multiverse is dying. As the Black Swan said, "At the birth of Rabum Alal, the early death of everything began". But who is Rabum Alal, and where did he come from?

On my lunch break at work I was rereading Fantastic Four #600. In that story, Reed and Sue Richards have a conversation with Galactus. He tells them he is staying close to Earth, because the Asgardians have the Galactus Seed hidden in the World Tree. If Earth is destroyed the Seed will be lost to places less accessible to him. The being inside the Seed is an aberration. Something to correct a thing that isn't broken.

Sue then asked Galactus if the being inside the Seed would be better than him. Galactus said it would not. It would be immature and that "everything would end much sooner". Then it clicked: Rabum Alal is the being inside the Galactus Seed. On an alternate universe, the Seed hatched, and it led to the destruction of that Universe, the cascading effect is causing the Incursions.

Interestly enough I just read this same trade yesterday and noticed some parallels between Hickman's FF saga and his Avengers Saga. Another being Johnny Storm saying "Everything Dies? No, Everything Lives!".

I'd say there is definitely potential for your theory.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

What I wanna know most of all is Rabum Alal muslim.

this theory sounds very reasonable

I love Hickman. He reads long but really pays off.

That'd make a lot of sense, thats some cool speculation OP... welcome to the boards, posts like this are most appreciated

Spectacular Member

I'm pretty sure Hickman has indicated that all of his Marvel work is connected. This is a very solid theory. Nice work.

Thanks, everyone. I'll try to post some screenshots later. Also, in FF #20, Future Franklin told Black Bolt that he must return to Earth, instead of trying to kill the Supreme Intelligence. He then said that, "Everything dies". So it looks like this is the culmination of all of Hickman's work over the last several years.

sacarver

I've long been of the opinion that all Hickman's Marvel work is considerably more connected than what meets the eye. For example, the actions of Black Bolt in Infinity seem to be a continuation of his actions in FF/F4. T'Challa's character arc clearly continues from FF/F4 to New Avengers. I wouldn't be surprised to see the last issues of SHIELD factor something into Time Runs Out. The small ties from SHIELD to FF/F4 and Secret Warriors link all that together. I don't know if Hickman's Ultimate Universe work matters here since I don't read that.

Speculation: The Parliament of Doom will be a part of Time Runs Out. I'd bet that 616 Doom is in the new Cabal. I'm not sure Hickman was ever able to do anything more with the Parliament, if I remember correctly. Wasn't the last appearance in FF Vol 1 #16?

EDIT: I thought this was my first post. Yeah for lurking forever than posting!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Lando Calrissian View Post
    What I wanna know most of all is Rabum Alal muslim.
    Why, what is the implication if R.A. is Muslim?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Is it called the "Multiverse" in Marvel, or does DC have claim to that name?

Amazing Member

Good catch, OP!

This is why I love Hickman's writing. I'm hoping that one day we can look back and read a 300 issue epic of all his Marvel work.

Spectacular Member

I like your theory. The only issue I have is that if a seed hatched in one universe, it would likely hatch in other universes as well. So there would be more than one Rabum Alal, or why didn't it happen a million years ago for example. The theory still stands but I think there has to be some connection to the white space to make the threat singular.

That library on Black Swan's homeworld, which was a gift from the or an Ivory King is probably also connected to the white space.

Quote Originally Posted by WrathofKarl View Post

I have already posted this theory in the old CBR Forum!
    http://omgili.com/thread/.0rSU5LtMgz...Ir9bddEOunDIO/ (The original version of that thread got deleted!)

Nice theory, I like it.
    And yes, Hickman's does indeed seem very connected.
    It's a great pay off when reading his stuff to have a clue or seed planted waaaay before and then get the payoff later.
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.