Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    That's simply because new Bertenelli is less Huntress and more Femme Fetale X from James Bond(Not that anything is wrong she actually a well written character) has nothing to do with her race change.
    I still wouldn't see her as an example for an successful race change (if it was changed). Simply since she isn't really the same character and is just a support character.
    it is similar with Julia Pennyworth. She has now also darker skin than the original version, but we also don't know her ethnic back ground and she is also to minor to really do something for diversity.
    To have some visible impact you have to give that treatment to a bigger Character like for Catwoman (I think they even did this back in Batman Year One, and in live adaptations) or one of the Robins (for example Jason).
    Last edited by Aahz; 02-18-2016 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I'm not sure if the Helena Bertenelli fans are really pleased with the new version. Even if the problem is less the race and more that character has appart from the name not much in common with the old version..
    Perhaps? I have no idea how Helena fans have reacted to her new role. Im just saying, I didnt notice that she wasn't straight up "white" looking until someone here pointed it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Prisoner 6655321 View Post
    It really just depends on the teams, both on the creative side and the fictional roster.

As a descriptor I'm very “white”. I assume, in most regards I've been the recipient of white privilege to some extent.

Longer post, condensed for space.
    I hear ya. I come from a Irish/Scot background, so Im pretty damn white, but I grew up pretty far removed from what most people might consider a "white" upbringing. One of the poorest counties in America, huge drug problem (not me, the county), no jobs or opportunities, aside from a lack of gang violence it was pretty ghetto. I think that might be part of why I dont really notice race that much. Where I grew up, everyone was in the same gutter regardless of race.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

All-New Member

If they're fighting crime and keeping the world safe while rubbing each other the wrong way (for drama!), what's the difference?