Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Scarlet View Post
    With the addition of "and it never was", I have a feeling they're going to route of back peddling with Nu 52 being a true reboot, and revealing it to just be part of the multiverse, and pre FP Earth is still around. It wouldn't be the first time they pulled "We really, really mean it!" followed by "We really didn't mean it!"
    Although it could still exist out there, why would Superman from that universe choose to live on this earth and not go home?

No, the comment seems to be directed at fans who believe this will be a reboot. Rebirth will not reboot anything. Retcon, sure. Bring back the JSA, sure. But we are not going back to that failed reboot.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'm one of the people who never thought Rebirth was going to be a reboot anyway so this comes as no surprise to me.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    What was worth reading in convergence by the way? I still need to order the Flash ones, my store only had #2 and #3.
    If you enjoyed the Thunderworld issue of Multiversity, you'll love Convergence Shazam! They made me miss Captain Marvel so much.

Relaunch? Maybe it's that.

All-New Member

I wonder if this whole thing wasn't a big overreaction. Maybe this was just a way to highlight the return of Bruce Wayne as Batman and a fully powered Superman, all timed around issue #52.

Maybe rebirth is just the usual gimmick to sell expensive covers.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    don't say things like that

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    sure they can make tons of variants.

I will only believe is not a reboot or massive retcon when i read the books. DC marketing is not to be trust

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Well, I guess this means they're listening to us! I suppose that's a good thing. It also depends on what DC's definition of "reboot" is. If it's a cold restart where every book gets a new #1, then no, it probably isn't. If it's a merger of pre-and post-Flashpoint universes, that might be a different story. It all comes down to what do THEY consider a reboot versus what WE might consider a reboot.
    oh well, things seems to be very different about what reboot means for Dc and readers

BANNED

So why can't DC just do in universe ways to change things up,ways that don't need multiverse or total reboots to change things that need to be changed.

I mean why can't some characters just
    Change their supersuit's
    Get knew status quo or new priorities
    Howabout Finding out what you thought was true really wasn't
    Etc.

DC doesn't need reboots or even retcons,they just need simple common sense ways to move closer to what we want or what DC should do

Spectacular Member

Geoff Johns just tweeted "much more on rebirth this week"

Good, the more news the better. If it's not a reboot I want to know exactly what Rebirth is!

My hope with "Rebirth" - henceforth known as "Afterbirth" - is that they'll treat the past 5 years as a giant experiment. Kinda like how Marvel backed away from "Heroes Reborn" and into "Heroes Return" back in 1997. I kinda expect Clark to wake up in bed with Lois like at the end of the old "Newhart" show and that the nu52 will all have been a dream.

kenthart.jpg

Fantastic Member

I want a reboot so bad so many things are so awful in the comics right now gordon being batman and he came off as kind of a jerk in the cross overs
    fighting the bat family and superman and lois lane was made a jerk because she told everyone who superman was
    and alfred has been really oc in everything his in lately and it needs to be fixed

Than D C needs to reboot management
    otherwise no reboot or rebirth will ever
    stop them from making stories like Bat-Bunny in the future.

Mighty Member

If they are smart... they will at least put A list creative teams on Justice League and all solo books for JL members. Cough... Flash Creative Team.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    Than D C needs to reboot management
    otherwise no reboot or rebirth will ever
    stop them from making stories like Bat-Bunny in the future.
    I don't think they will ever do that have you guys ever heard of them doing that before?