• Devil May Cry 4

1 6.25%
  • Devil May Cry 2

0 0%
  • DMC

3 18.75%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Devil May Cry any love?

so is there any love for Devil May Cry the original series, are there plans for a 5th game or is the series dead due to the low sales of DMC? also yes thats my real name....part of it, nothing to do with the game.......smoke bomb

DMC3 is my favorite but that said I like all the games I've played in the series. I haven't really played 2 since I've heard a lot of bad things.

BANNED

I liked the original one...

Mind you, since it's the only on I ever played it seems a bit unfair to vote for it.
    I've been meaning to try DMC, but somehow there's always a game that's more interesting at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast View Post
    DMC3 is my favorite but that said I like all the games I've played in the series. I haven't really played 2 since I've heard a lot of bad things.
    ive recently played the original 4 games and 2 isnt as bad as i remembered, if anything its easy, the environment and enemy's are completely different and Dante is a broody character and alot older than he appears to be in the other games it is after all set last in the series, but its a game worth checking out if you ever get the chance

Member in Disguise

Quote Originally Posted by Dante View Post
    so is there any love for Devil May Cry the original series, are there plans for a 5th game or is the series dead due to the low sales of DMC? also yes thats my real name....part of it, nothing to do with the game.......smoke bomb
    As I understand it, DmC was a reboot of the series (like Castlevania: LoS), so taken on it's own I'm pretty sure it sold enough to justify a DmC 2.
    ...Expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by zhris View Post
    As I understand it, DmC was a reboot of the series (like Castlevania: LoS), so taken on it's own I'm pretty sure it sold enough to justify a DmC 2.
    Ninja Theroy keep jumping around the subject about what the Game is where i remember them saying it was a reboot but then they changed it to say its an alternate reality version which Capcom have also stated as they have yet to finish off the original series, i could be wrong and they have probably changed their minds again

Devil May Cry 3 was my favorite it was just pure awesome.

DMC4 was fun in terms of gameplay but I still had issue with it in that we had no idea who Nero was. Virgil's son? Virgil reincarnated?It bugged me the whole game they didn't even bother explaining who the character was. So I figure they will get around to it in the next game. WRONG. Reboot time on DMC
    The J-man

Member in Disguise

Quote Originally Posted by Dante View Post
    Ninja Theroy keep jumping around the subject about what the Game is where i remember them saying it was a reboot but then they changed it to say its an alternate reality version which Capcom have also stated as they have yet to finish off the original series, i could be wrong and they have probably changed their minds again
    Ninja Theory needs to finally get together with KojiPro and make that Dante/ Snake/ Bayonetta mashup. You know you want it. ( :
    ...Expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

Love Devil may cry. Stoped with part 4. Didn't like the look of Tue reboot.

Really enjoy the series, 3 and 4 are my favorites. I was looking forward to learning about Nero, but with the reboot and apparently lukewarm reception, can we say that the series is dead?

BANNED

Played 1, 3 & 4. Debating whether to give 2 a try. 4 was already a fairly weaker entry but after dmc it looks a hundred times better, so I'm sure that'll affect 2 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyZERO View Post
    Really enjoy the series, 3 and 4 are my favorites. I was looking forward to learning about Nero, but with the reboot and apparently lukewarm reception, can we say that the series is dead?
    They'll probably use Dante in any crossover things but I doubt we'll see a new Devil May Cry game for a long time. And maybe it's better this way, that Dante gets remembered as this:

And not so much... this.

I never cared too much about the reboot and in terms of gameplay I had a lot of fun with it. Up there with 3 in terms of gameplay (based on their respective releases) IMHO.

BANNED

Soooo many people were whining about DmC Devil May Cry, but in all honesty it is an outstanding game in its own right with a much more mature and relevant plotline.

It's at least preferable to Devil May Cry 4.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fast View Post
    I never cared too much about the reboot and in terms of gameplay I had a lot of fun with it. Up there with 3 in terms of gameplay (based on their respective releases) IMHO.
    It mostly re-uses combos from 3/4, adds the stance system from Heavenly Sword, has no proper lock-on and makes it much easier to do combos, take out crowds of enemies and with regards to difficulty in general. I don't view the gameplay as anything special in the slightest.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Haruhater View Post
    Soooo many people were whining about DmC Devil May Cry, but in all honesty it is an outstanding game in its own right with a much more mature and relevant plotline.
    Yeah, mature. That's exactly what I think when I see the protagonist get into a squabble about the size of his dick.