Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Thor: God of Thunder #23 *SPOILERS*

Present Thor Timeline:

- Ulik and Minotaur unveil their plans. Thor basically states that now he can officially kick there ass
    - Ulik states war is coming int he Nine Realms and Midgard will go down with it
    - Roz kicks troll ass, basically shooting 14 of them in the face (first thing she ever killed she said)
    - Thor continues to fight Trolls + Minotaur and eventually gets the upper hand
    - Jumps ahead a bit and Shield and it looks like Asguardians arrive to capture the trolls and Agger (who claims he is a victim) but Ulik escapes
    - Thor weeps over the destruction and it states nothing will grow where his tears land ever again

King Thor Timeline:

- Galactus kills the Goats
    - Thor arrives with Gorr's weapon... Galactus recognizes it and tells King Thor he will lose a part of him if he uses it to protect this dead rock
    - King Thor states Midgard is his soul and blasts Galactus
    - Galactus states he will have to kill him to stop him... and killing one of the universes primal forces will have consequences
    - Galactus calls King Thor, "Thor the Destroyer"
    - 2 of the Ladys of Thunder or whatever tell him to stop. The Red Head tells him to finish it
    - King Thor kills Galactus and states he is Thor the Destroyer as he allowed Midgard to be destroyed in the first place and now he will guard it to the very end
    - King Thor bleeds and where his blood touches the ground, Midgard springs back to life

Review: 5 stars easy. This arc was great. Aaron is absolutely killing this book.

This is the best book Marvel has right now.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Did they explain how Ulik came back to life?
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Did they explain how Ulik came back to life?
    Not tat I remember but I don't have the issue in front of me.

Man.. Thor: GoT reviews never get any love around here lol. Nothing to complain about?

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Man.. Thor: GoT reviews never get any love around here lol. Nothing to complain about?
    Must be really good if no one has any complaints. Though I dialogue doesn't seem to fit Galactus.

I do have a complaint: Thor has no business "killing" Galactus, no matter what Thor we're talking about ,-)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShaokhaN View Post
    I do have a complaint: Thor has no business "killing" Galactus, no matter what Thor we're talking about ,-)
    Hahahah this is king Thor the all father BOOSTED with the necro sword so yes.

And yeah five stars easy Aaron is on a legendary run.

Mighty Member

Oh i think the troll death was faked
    Thor used illusion to throw off malekith I think

Quote Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
    Oh i think the troll death was faked
    Thor used illusion to throw off malekith I think
    That wasn't ulik

He is talking about this...

Capture.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
    Hahahah this is king Thor the all father BOOSTED with the necro sword so yes.

And yeah five stars easy Aaron is on a legendary run.
    So what? This is Galactus.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaokhaN View Post
    So what? This is Galactus.
    the necrosword was able to take a pretty much normal being in Gorr and turn him into someone who could defeat Thor.

So... imagine what it could do when given King Thor All Father?

the necrosword was able to take a pretty much normal being in Gorr and turn him into someone who could defeat Thor.

So... imagine what it could do when given King Thor All Father?
    Such artefacts don't usually work like that. The symbiote turned Eddie Brock into someone who could defeat Spider-Man, but it wouldn't boost Galactus' power in any way. There's no reason to assume the sword acts as a multiplier of power rather than an added boost (like the infinity gauntlet, a cosmic cube, Black Knight's Ebony Blade, Mjölnir, etc. etc.). I personally find it ridiculous that a non-starving Galactus would get killed by a skyfather-level character with a powerful weapon, but then again Galactus has unfortunately repeatedly been used as a stepping stone in the past by writers.

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

I'm going to agree with Shaokhan, it is absurd, but seeing how Galactus was written in the previous issues, it's not unexpected. Aaron has written some pretty poor Galactus stories in the past as well. Oh well, at least it's an alternate future.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Vigilante View Post
    I'm going to agree with Shaokhan, it is absurd, but seeing how Galactus was written in the previous issues, it's not unexpected. Aaron has written some pretty poor Galactus stories in the past as well. Oh well, at least it's an alternate future.
    Exactly! Thats the great things about futures in comics they never have a certainty or any power to prove its the destined path. In the end the are merely What Ifs.

Ultimate Member

Thor with Odin Force can go toe to toe with Galactus if only for a limited period of time.

Throw in the Necrosword and King Thor can definitely kill Galactus.

It makes sense unless we want to completely ignore the power of Necrosword.
    Last edited by Username taken; 06-18-2014 at 10:14 PM.

I loved Thor's nieces. The first two telling him to have mercy while the third just blurts out "You look badass, kill him!"

The battle with Galactus was all sorts of amazing. The word "Epic" is usually thrown around and wasted way too often, but this truly is one of those books that deserves it fully.