Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ShaokhaN View Post
    Such artefacts don't usually work like that.
    We have only seen the sword twice now.

Both times it is significantly amplified the hosts powers.

So while, USUALLY they don't work that way, right now, it seems the Necrosword DOES endeed boost the hosts power. Significantly.

I mean, the sword was so renowned that Galactus recognized it and realized he was F'd.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

What was it Galactus said about the necro sword? Something about carving the first dawn

Thought the fights were awesome, especially when present Thor stopped holding back. Punching Agger

Agreed Thor's granddaughters are great

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    We have only seen the sword twice now.

Both times it is significantly amplified the hosts powers.

So while, USUALLY they don't work that way, right now, it seems the Necrosword DOES endeed boost the hosts power. Significantly.

I mean, the sword was so renowned that Galactus recognized it and realized he was F'd.
    There's a difference between adding to the wielder's power and multiplying the wielder's power. In your original post, you said that since the sword turned Gor into someone that could kill gods, it should have an even bigger effect on a skyfather-level character (ie. it multiplies the wielder's power). We haven't seen anything to suggest that the sword has such a multiplier effect. If Gor had found a cosmic cube, he would just the same have been incredibly powerful, but that wouldn't have meant that someone with more power would have gotten that much more out of the cosmic cube.

such a great issue.

I hope we get a one shot or a mini series with the Girls of Thunder

I think it has more to do with Gor being unable to wield the necro-sword fully

As when Thor absorbed it he told Gor it is a weapon meant for gods

Also the necro-sword killed present Thor. Old king Thor has the Odin force that prevents the weapon from killing him and likely allowing him to draw on the weapon to a greater extent than Gor or present Thor could

This book is soooooooo good. I couldn't ask for more in a Thor book.
    Formerly Doctor Malekith.

Another great issue
    We don't know how the Necrosword power works but Thor said it was a weapon meant for the gods. It makes sense that Thor can use it better than Gorr and he is also the mighty All-Father wielding Mjoliner. IMO with all that power combined he can beat an old Galactus.

All-New Member

IMO and it's been shown Odin with all his resources at his disposal has been shown to be even with Galactus. Odin is labeled as a sky father but he has always appeared to be more powerful then Zeus or any of the other skyfathers.. And by design & destiny, once Thor becomes king his power would surpass that of Odin anyhow. So in saying I think it's a fair assessment that king Thor was able to defeat Galactus.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Man.. Thor: GoT reviews never get any love around here lol. Nothing to complain about?
    that must be it. i love this series but rarely feel the need to talk about it simply because the writing and art are always so great.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    Another great issue
    We don't know how the Necrosword power works but Thor said it was a weapon meant for the gods. It makes sense that Thor can use it better than Gorr and he is also the mighty All-Father wielding Mjoliner. IMO with all that power combined he can beat an old Galactus.
    I think you are right. The Necrosword was originally welded by some god who was slain in battle (though makes you wonder how he was slain if the sword is so powerful, but what the hey

Quote Originally Posted by runguy View Post
    I think you are right. The Necrosword was originally welded by some god who was slain in battle (though makes you wonder how he was slain if the sword is so powerful, but what the hey
    He probably died cursing PIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    that must be it. i love this series but rarely feel the need to talk about it simply because the writing and art are always so great.
    I would have thought THOR KILLING GALACTUS would have brought more people in TBH.

How is this series doing sales wise? I haven't been paying attention.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

At the beginning of Aaron's run I once asked that since some planet apparently worshipped Galactus as a god, should Gorr be trying to kill Galactus. Apparently he should have and could have ...

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thorthedestroyer View Post
    IMO and it's been shown Odin with all his resources at his disposal has been shown to be even with Galactus. Odin is labeled as a sky father but he has always appeared to be more powerful then Zeus or any of the other skyfathers.. And by design & destiny, once Thor becomes king his power would surpass that of Odin anyhow. So in saying I think it's a fair assessment that king Thor was able to defeat Galactus.
    The only fight they had was written by Fraction and it was terrible and Odin was knocked out into Odinsleep after a headbutt. I was as anticlimactic a battle as there could have been.
    Galactus is an entity that seems to fight on the level of his opposition. In the past decade we've had him kill two Celestials, single-handedly fight and destroy the Galactus engine (which was slaying Celestials and other cosmic beings), had a recounting where he took on all the primordial Gods and trapped or slew them, had a fight where he took on Scrier and The Other at the same time which threatened the multiverse, etc. Then on the opposite end he's had trouble (hungry) with Ultimate universe Earth, that mini a couple years back with Beta Ray Bill (not the Oeming one), Hulk's other son effected his hunger somehow, etc. The Necrosword shouldn't even matter to an entity like Galactus, the realm of the gods is a level below that of the cosmic forces of the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Vigilante View Post
    The only fight they had was written by Fraction and it was terrible and Odin was knocked out into Odinsleep after a headbutt. I was as anticlimactic a battle as there could have been.
    Galactus is an entity that seems to fight on the level of his opposition. In the past decade we've had him kill two Celestials, single-handedly fight and destroy the Galactus engine (which was slaying Celestials and other cosmic beings), had a recounting where he took on all the primordial Gods and trapped or slew them, had a fight where he took on Scrier and The Other at the same time which threatened the multiverse, etc. Then on the opposite end he's had trouble (hungry) with Ultimate universe Earth, that mini a couple years back with Beta Ray Bill (not the Oeming one), Hulk's other son effected his hunger somehow, etc. The Necrosword shouldn't even matter to an entity like Galactus, the realm of the gods is a level below that of the cosmic forces of the universe.
    Thanks for this. I was just going to post that I know little about Galactus, as I usually stay away from the FF and other cosmic elements of the MU, Thor notwithstanding. My initial reaction was, if he could have his jaw broken clean off, he can be killed by the Necrosword. I mean, has Galactus even been that beaten up to have part of his face just obliterated? Also, seeing how far in the future this is, is Galactus running out of viable energy sources? Is he in a weakened state?

But now I'm going to really admit to my lack of either cosmic energy knowledge or reading comprehension: Is this maybe future/alternate reality version of Galactus really dead? I got the impression he was given a big helping of some cosmic energy and, like someone after Thanksgiving, is sleeping it off. I keep expecting him to belch, scratch an issue and saunter off.

But yeah, awesome issue. That panel after Thor clobbers Minotaur? Yeah...