Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I liked all of the DC You books I picked up minus Starfire, which I dropped from my pull after reading the preview of issue #1. I think there were a lot of good, well written books that came out of it and since I'm more of a fringe title kinda guy it was perfect for me. I'm sad things didn't work out for it and that more fans weren't willing to give these books a try because they weren't books that "mattered".
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    Everyone has their own tastes when it comes to art, but man oh man do I love the art on these two books!
    Same here, I can at least understand not liking Doctor Fate's art but I personally like both a lot.

There were some good and some bad.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

It was a mixed bag: some good, some bad, and some weird.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Ninja Viking View Post
    Hello, I've been kind of curious recently why everyone has been hating on the DC You. I really enjoyed pretty much every book that launched with DC You. While I realize they were not sales sensations, there were a lot of fun books.
    All of these were pretty great:
    Starfire
    Black Canary
    Martian Manhunter
    We are Robin
    Robin son of batman
    Midnighter
    Omega Men
    Prez
    Bizarro
    And I'm sure there are many others that I didn't mention. Is it mostly due to the sad state of dcs flagship books? Meaning superman, GL, Flash, Wonder Woman and Aquaman. I agree that those were all in a bad shape.

Also why are people giving DC so much crap about Rebirth. I feel like marvel relaunches like every couple years. DC at least made it 5.
    It's not a question of "hating." Not everyone happens to agree with your opinions, that's all.

And comparing DC to Marvel when it comes to reboots, events, crossovers, variant covers, and all the rest - well, not everybody agrees that Marvel is doing all the right things with that stuff too.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

From DC You, I’ve really enjoyed:

Red Hood/Arsenal
    Starfire
    Midnighter
    Bizarro
    Doomed
    Batman Beyond
    JLA

I thought these were ok:

Earth 2
    Black Canary
    Martian Manhunter
    Omega Men
    Prez
    Cyborg
    Bat-Mite

I really didn’t like these:

We are Robin
    Robin son of batman
    Dr. Fate
    Pull list: Action Comics, Aquaman, Batgirl, Batman, Detective Comics, Earth 2: Society, Flintstones, Future Quest, Green Arrow, Hal Jordan & Green Lantern Corp, Harley Quinn, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Justice League, Justice League of America, New Suicide Squad, Nightwing, Red Hood, Scooby Apocalypse, Superman, Teen Titans, The Flash, Titans, Wacky Raceland

Astonishing Member

I think any hatred for DCyoU is simply an resistance to change.

Most posters seem to want to return to what was instead of trying to enjoy what is.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

DC You is more of DC neglecting its bigger franchises in terms of quality (Superman, etc) & doing some some good work on books people are less interested in. Also the overall DCU history and continuity is a big issue still, DC You was more of DC stubbornly thinking they had a good universe and history that readers were invested in, and that couldn't be further from the truth. New 52 threw out too much and DC You didn't try to fix that. Remains to be seen if Rebirth will do enough to fix that.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

The problem with DCYou was that, while many of the new niche books were very good, they were still niche books, and had trouble finding readers. Whereas the big name books, whose higher sales could be used to support these titles, were almost universally panned, and overall had a much lower level of quality than those books usually had. Without the sales from those books, DC can't afford stuff like Prez and Midnighter. Its just comes down to a lack of big name talent, and them cutting corners on the books they know will sell, but end up making much less than they could do to the lack of effort.
    Cyclops was right

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    It's not a question of "hating." Not everyone happens to agree with your opinions, that's all.

And comparing DC to Marvel when it comes to reboots, events, crossovers, variant covers, and all the rest - well, not everybody agrees that Marvel is doing all the right things with that stuff too.

I don't have any problem with people not liking it. There is a difference between not liking something and hating it, I can see that. I can not like something, but I don't tell DC to F themselves. I just felt like I saw a lot of people really angry about it, and was curious what issues they had. I haven't seen many of these people articulate what problems they had.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    DC You is more of DC neglecting its bigger franchises in terms of quality (Superman, etc) & doing some some good work on books people are less interested in.
    People are gonna buy Superman and Batman books no matter how crappy they are.

You need lesser known characters to have strong runs.

Man I wished DC made an Omega Men movie, it would be their GOTG with more violence, even though Omega Men had a comic series first. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post

Man I wished DC made an Omega Men movie, it would be their GOTG with more violence, even though Omega Men had a comic series first. *sigh*
    No they won't, and that kind of attitude can destroy a comic universe. You screw up your flagship, you will not only lose all the money you could have made of off them if they kept readers on the edge of thier seats begging for more, you will also lose your entryway comics.

People hate DC You? I think its more that people just didn't give those books a chance. Creatively a lot of them were quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post

I honestly haven't followed DC much so I have no comparison to previous runs but can ~ 38.000 be considered as a book selling no matter what? Because that's what Superman put up last month. That doesn't look that high to me for a character with such a big status and certainly looks like a joke compared to Batman.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I think any hatred for DCyoU is simply an resistance to change.

Most posters seem to want to return to what was instead of trying to enjoy what is.
    Oh, please! Aren't people allowed to have opinions anymore - including negative opinions - without being tossed into some box that enables you to dismiss them because they don't agree with you?

I like some changes. I dislike other changes. It depends on the change. That's it.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/