Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I hope that she's a good fit but having said that I'm going to be skeptical until I see a few issues. Bennett's DC Bombshells is a fun and enjoyable title but she was involved in the World's End fiasco and that makes her a writer I'm going to be skeptical of.
    There are a lot of writers out there who have good and bad books under their belts. You win some, you lose some. That's just a part of life.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I hope that she's a good fit but having said that I'm going to be skeptical until I see a few issues. Bennett's DC Bombshells is a fun and enjoyable title but she was involved in the World's End fiasco and that makes her a writer I'm going to be skeptical of.
    world's end she was just writing what Daniel H wilson ploted, same for Mike johnson tha tis a good writer but was involved on earth 2 world's end.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

For anyone who is skeptical about Marguerite doing a good job on Wonder Woman, just read DC Bombshells.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Always Rakzo

Just to be clear: There's no doubt that Daniel H. Wilson was the biggest culprit from the World's End debacle which is especially obvious when he went solo in Earth 2: Society and many of those mistakes were repeated.

My major problem with Bennett is that I haven't been particularly impressed by her work. Lois Lane was pretty close but ultimately it was a forgettable story. That's my biggest concern with her, that she's not really great and I think Wonder Woman deserves someone who fits that category.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathFalcon182 View Post
    She wrote Earth 2 which I'm sure was planned out completely by editorial.

A lot of this kind of stuff is present in almost every Marvel book currently out.
    You literally have no clue what goes on behind DC's curtain. You can't say for sure who does what and how. The only facts we know is that she has good books out and she was part of a weekly with a plot doomed for failure when it was conceived.

Fantastic Member

With Wonder Woman publishing twice monthly, I think that eliminated some writers that didn't want that type of commitment. Honestly, I know little about Ms. Bennett. However, since this means no more Finch, I welcome her with the biggest grin imaginable.

Fantastic Member

She is a fine writer. Promising one, for sure.
    BUT...
    Right after BvS movie. Right before her own movie. Please, DC. We need A-list names for WW. I don't want "hit or miss" experiment for WW on this stage. She needs solid stories and solid creators. I am not getting too excited with Bennett.

That's what I wanted. I mean, I understand the title needs an A-list writer right now, but how many A-list writers who want to write about WW are available right now? We don't really know. She doesn't even write a bad Wonder Woman on bombshells.

Astonishing Member

My first choice was Genevieve Valentine. She has a voice of genuine erudition that I think Wonder Woman demands; an attention to detail, and a wide set of interests in history, art, etc.

But Bennett is a good choice. Her voice, even when writing the grand and the mythological, tends to be a little sardonic, but it's worked for Gillen. She's got the time and the interest and is at the inflection point of her career that this has the chance to be a defining piece of work for her. She could, if successful, be the person to lead into a Wonder Woman franchise. That's what DC needs.

It's not as flashy as a Snyder or Fraction or Gillen Wonder Woman announcement - I'm genuinely surprised that Snyder is not at least co-writing this, frankly - but it's maybe more of what Wonder Woman needs right now, as a property.

I read the first 5-6 issues of Bombshells, and liked it, so I'm tentatively excited about Bennett on the solo series. Also of interest in this article is that it claims Tomasi will be writing Superman ... wonder where that leaves SM/WW.

I think I read Superman/Wonder Woman and Batman/Superman both are being cancelled
    and that a book titled Trinity may be coming out later this year.

Just get Diana right
    That is what I need from the next writer
    I would rather a simple story with Wonder Woman being properly depicted
    than for her to be the clueless bombshell that just needs the bottle of peroxide too complete the package
    running in circles in a epic tale that takes a few years to tell and gives center stage too all the
    other characters.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

I haven't been reading Finch, but will at least pick up the first issue or two.

At this point, for me everything turns on bringing back the upbeat tone and utopian elements that define the character. Restoring the character of the Amazons. Getting rid of the 'God of War' title. At least ignore the Greek gods and the 'Daughter of Zeus' business until it can be retconned out. Move her away from the island if need be. No more one-off enemies whose reasons for fighting Wonder Woman have anything to do with Greek mythology.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    world's end she was just writing what Daniel H wilson ploted, same for Mike johnson tha tis a good writer but was involved on earth 2 world's end.
    Once a writer is involved in a badly handled book, not matter the reason behind it, it makes me skeptical any time I see their name on a book until they prove themselves on a couple of titles. She hasn't done so for me as yet so you can't blame a guy of that.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post
    I haven't been reading Finch, but will at least pick up the first issue or two.

At this point, for me everything turns on bringing back the upbeat tone and utopian elements that define the character. Restoring the character of the Amazons. Getting rid of the 'God of War' title. At least ignore the Greek gods and the 'Daughter of Zeus' business until it can be retconned out. Move her away from the island if need be. No more one-off enemies whose reasons for fighting Wonder Woman have anything to do with Greek mythology.

I can tell you that within Wonder Woman's story in Bombshells, the Olympians haven't really been seen at all. Diana's first major foe was the magically-amped up Baroness Paula Von Gunther.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.