Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    Remember that scene in Avengers? You know the one I'm talking about, with Loki?

This will be worse.
    Funny,but no.Not even close.

Colossus durability is far beyond loki's.Guy was unharmed after a mini nuke effectively dropped on him.

While he isn't winning,hulking isnt one punching him,he will last for quite some time,perhaps even hurt hulk a little.Hulk wins eventually due ot having superior strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post

This is... actually viable.
    How so?

Hulk has only been calmed down by Betty and Natasha right? No one else has been able to calm him on screen from my memory. It takes time and/or a womanly touch it seems lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    To be fair, Colossus' durability seemed way beyond his strength level.

Angel Dust was strong enough to catch his punches with moderate strain, but didn't seem to be able to harm him at all except with a junk-punch,
    And choking his ass out with a chain, enough she started bending his metal throat.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    And choking his ass out with a chain, enough she started bending his metal throat.
    That made no sense since either one of them were strong enough that the chain (I thought it was rebar) would be like two humans trying to strangle each other with a strand of overcooked spaghetti.

That made no sense since either one of them were strong enough that the chain (I thought it was rebar) would be like two humans trying to strangle each other with a strand of overcooked spaghetti.
    *shrug*

maybe some adamantium chains were hanging around lol.

It's a fairly common trope in comics that characters can hurt each other by using objects as weapons, even though such objects should be just huge dollops of whipped-cream to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    How so?

Hulk has only been calmed down by Betty and Natasha right? No one else has been able to calm him on screen from my memory. It takes time and/or a womanly touch it seems lol
    The Natasha bit seems to be something like a post-hypnotic command or psychological conditioning, really, though his growing affection for her probably helped a lot.

But Hulk has also de-Hulked by himself when he had time to calm down, which is what I'm referring to here, since Colossus is basically a Steve Rogers calibur nice guy who is durable enough to possibly take a Gamma-enforced pummeling long enough to talk him down without any of Thor's boisterous pride or Tony's friendly insults to keep Hulk's rage-engines revved up. It will just be a large shiny man respectfully appealing to the best in him, making sure that he was eating right, and likely offering him safe haven at the X-Mansion. (1) By the end of the movie, he had *Deadpool* go from "I'm most definitely not a super hero" to "Okay, I'll try and be heroic the next time I get a chance" which is a pretty huge shift for him.

Heck, considering all of Banner's daddy issues and the fact that Colossus was basically auditioning to be Father of the Year throughout the film, Hulk might be pretty gosh darn receptive to that treatment.

(1) Come to think it, I could see Vision doing the same thing in a future film.

It was a pretty large steel cable, looked like.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Honestly, it would have made more sense if she had just used her arms (or legs, considering the size difference) to choke him since she seemed to be a bit stronger than him and unable to harm him through his durability except at his most delicate areas. That, or use the actress' MMA experience and put him in a hold where his own limbs were being used to cut off his air supply or being held in place and leaving him vulnerable to being gently smothered by her hands or some debris (or, considering the rest of the movie, her chest) until Negasonic Teenaged Warhead came to the rescue.

Honestly, it would have made more sense if she had just used her arms (or legs, considering the size difference) to choke him since she seemed to be a bit stronger than him and unable to harm him through his durability except at his most delicate areas. That, or use the actress' MMA experience and put him in a hold where his own limbs were being used to cut off his air supply or being held in place and leaving him vulnerable to being gently smothered by her hands or some debris (or, considering the rest of the movie, her chest) until Negasonic Teenaged Warhead came to the rescue.

Make sense? In Deadpool?

Oh my.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Make sense? In Deadpool?

Oh my.
    Yup. What would make sense in "Deadpool" would be if she looked straight at the audience and narrated about how this scene makes no sense.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Yup. What would make sense in "Deadpool" would be if she looked straight at the audience and narrated about how this scene makes no sense.
    Exactly.

Arx Inosaan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    They probably tried to do exactly that in a bunch of deleted takes, but Gina's terrible, terrible, aweful, fantastically bad acting likely got in the way.

There's a reason she has almost no lines in any movie she's in. Even in movies where she's the main character. Girl cannot read a line to save her life.

It was, I rewatched the movie this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Endless_Legend View Post
    They probably tried to do exactly that in a bunch of deleted takes, but Gina's terrible, terrible, aweful, fantastically bad acting likely got in the way.

There's a reason she has almost no lines in any movie she's in. Even in movies where she's the main character. Girl cannot read a line to save her life.
    yeah she is bad.

Rousey is next up on the "somewhat attractive MMA girl turned actor who will only be used for henchman fighting scenes because OMG STOP TALKING"