Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BatwomanFanHere View Post
    I was never interested in Elektra but Blackman and del mundo really turned my head around. Great issue as always, there is a lot of action and with the art, enough said.
    So glad you're enjoying the series!

I think JHW3 would be an amazing replacement when the time comes.

This was just a gorgeous issue. You could take away all the words and I would buy it for the art alone. That said, the story has been fun, and that ending was a real nice hook.

Yeah, I am still pleasantly amazed with the art on this title. Best art in a Marvel book, imo.

Kind of wish there was something negative to say about this book. It's hard to start a discussion when everyone says the same thing "Love this book"; "The art is amazing"! Lol!

This comic is just too good, it's ruining my enjoyment of other comics :P

That and how dare Del Mundo be incapable of churning out this quality of work on a weekly basis?!

Those are my lame negative things to say...

I was a little underwhelmed by this issue but I still enjoyed it

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    What did you find underwhelming?

Lol! There's that negativity we need!

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Lol! There's that negativity we need!
    I think you're being a little paranoid. I still said I enjoyed it but it wasn't as good as the first 2
    ,I see nothing negative about that

I think you're being a little paranoid. I still said I enjoyed it but it wasn't as good as the first 2
    ,I see nothing negative about that
    You misunderstand. I posted earlier that because it's just praise that the book is getting there isn't much discussion and then you posted your mildly unpositive comment. Sorry if you thought I was having a go at you, it was just the timing of your comment after mine and then Tsai asking what you found underwhelming was just what was needed.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    You misunderstand. I posted earlier that because it's just praise that the book is getting there isn't much discussion and then you posted your mildly unpositive comment. Sorry if you thought I was having a go at you, it was just the timing of your comment after mine and then Tsai asking what you found underwhelming was just what was needed.
    Ok my misunderstanding

Ok my misunderstanding
    No worries. What was it that you found underwhelming?

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Blackman rules. We got thought captions which let us in a lot, but not at the cost of Elektra's edge. And I loved how Kento's dialogue was unprovoked. It's also good how we see that these characters are actually assassins and the fights they have are super quick and deadly for both parties.

Emotions apparently come into play with the new development, I'm curious to see if and how Blackman lets it compromise the tone that's already been established.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Blackman rules. We got thought captions which let us in a lot, but not at the cost of Elektra's edge. And I loved how Kento's dialogue was unprovoked. It's also good how we see that these characters are actually assassins and the fights they have are super quick and deadly for both parties.

Emotions apparently come into play with the new development, I'm curious to see if and how Blackman lets it compromise the tone that's already been established.
    The thought captions are very well done. On thing Zeb Wells has stated when he was writing Elektra and when he was originally going to write the ongoing was that he never going to give Elektra an inner dialogue. He wanted to keep her mysterious. Some thought that when Blackman announced he was going to be giving her an internal voice it would take something away from Elektra when in fact the opposite has happened. It helps us identify with her even more and if the book is going to last as an ongoing the reader needs to be able to do that.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Read it last night and I'm enjoying the book. Is this Bloody Lips assassin someone new, a first time character cause I'm not famaliar. Based on what we know to date it seems his power set is based on attrition. At some point he's just too powerful. I think if the powers he absorbed were fleeting then he could make for an interesting recurring foil for Elektra. Honestly though that name is kinda lame even by comic standards, Bloody Lips?

The art is a huge draw and a reason I'm getting it over She-Hulk(dropped at issue 4). However I rate Noto's art on Black Widow just a bit more for my personal scale.
    The revelation of her in that "death dream" at the gate seeing her mom looks to prove for an interesting issue #4.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime