Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Thunderbolts #27 spoilers

Interesting issue.

The team takes down a goon squad with weapons designed to take down the Avengers. Following the trail to a high school, the team finds the entire student body dead.

Some hallucinating ensues, and Dr. Faustus is revealed as the mastermind. Ross decides to force the good Dr. into working for the team, using his skills to save lives (in a move towards the traditional Thunderbolts model, I believe). Frank is not happy, and quits.

While working out his frustration, he finds a bomb, apparently left by the team, which blows up in his face.

Cons - some of the dialogue, mainly from Ross, feels odd. Given how Venom left the team, I feel like the team leaving a bomb for Frank is odd. I don't think Elektra would be on board with that action. My thinking, and hope, is that this is a third party forcing a confrontation between Frank and the team.

However, overall it was a good issue, the humor was handled well, and I think the new writers are a good match for the book.

It was a good read.. and the art was great. I agree though, the Thunderbolts leaving the bomb for Frank didn't add up. Ross said from day 1 anyone could walk away whenever they wanted. Venom walked.. why can't Frank?

I think it's funny how the Avengers locked Frank up at the bottom of the ocean, and now Frank's on a mission that's basically to protect the Avengers. No writers want to touch on how he escaped and it just makes it weird.

Ghost Rider's comment about Wade being married was a nice touch... as was the 21 Jump Street speech from Wade.

SO who left the bomb? No way it was Ross maybe leader or Deadpool?

the 21 jump street was very funny the fact Wade was Grecco not Depp was a nice touch.

Wade's not exactly friendly with Punisher... and the "Punisher Sucks" graffiti shows that. I can't see him caring enough to leave the bomb.

Yeah, the bomb just seems so off, unless it's Leader tryimg to get Frank to kill the team, and then he'll kill Frank. Idk, I guess we'll see!

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Yeah, the bomb just seems so off, unless it's Leader tryimg to get Frank to kill the team, and then he'll kill Frank. Idk, I guess we'll see!
    Yeah Leader makes the most sense. It is most likely someone trying to get Frank after the team.

Good issue. It's well written, good art and the last page made me more interested. The thunderbolts series have improved since the infinity tie in IMO.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    It was a good read.. and the art was great. I agree though, the Thunderbolts leaving the bomb for Frank didn't add up. Ross said from day 1 anyone could walk away whenever they wanted. Venom walked.. why can't Frank?

Theoretically? Because Flash is a good soldier, and in outer space. Whereas Castle, if he's not on the team, is one of the problems the team is supposed to take out. I mean, they damned Mercy to Hell.

That said, someone is manipulating Frank, clearly.

This was AWESOME! Lots of twists and turns, very un-expected! Acker and Blacker are amazing and Barberi's art is fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    Theoretically? Because Flash is a good soldier, and in outer space. Whereas Castle, if he's not on the team, is one of the problems the team is supposed to take out. I mean, they damned Mercy to Hell.

That said, someone is manipulating Frank, clearly.
    Well, Mercy absorbed the souls of anyone who even fleetingly thought of dying, and was out of control. Frank doesn't really kill innocents, and as evidenced by his inclusion on the team, targets the same sort of enemies this team does (in general, I assume he doesn't track down gamma threats on the regular).

It's still weird, and directly contradicts the 'leave anytime' mantra both Way and Soule established. But yeah, I doubt everything is as straightforward as it appears now.

One of the best issues i have read of Thunderbolts. I could see Ross or Deadpool leaving the bomb without the other awareness. But the last monologue of Rulk is a trap. Someone is taking advantage of this conflinct between Frank and Ross. I'm betting the leader has his fingers in this..

Really enjoyed this. First Thunderbolts book since #1 and it was great fun. Adding this to my pull for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bionder View Post
    One of the best issues i have read of Thunderbolts. I could see Ross or Deadpool leaving the bomb without the other awareness. But the last monologue of Rulk is a trap. Someone is taking advantage of this conflinct between Frank and Ross. I'm betting the leader has his fingers in this..
    Ross would not make much sense except for Ghost Rider he has the least reason to do it. It could be someone outside the team I suppose as well.

I hope Frank kills the Red Hulk.
    Seriously, why is this terrible excuse of a character still around?
    They`ve ruined Ross with this BS.

Nice to see some people picking the book back up with the new team.