Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    It was a good read.. and the art was great. I agree though, the Thunderbolts leaving the bomb for Frank didn't add up. Ross said from day 1 anyone could walk away whenever they wanted. Venom walked.. why can't Frank?

I think it's funny how the Avengers locked Frank up at the bottom of the ocean, and now Frank's on a mission that's basically to protect the Avengers. No writers want to touch on how he escaped and it just makes it weird.
    I think if Ross did leave the bomb, then this is the essential problem. Unlike the rest, Punisher was actually a convict. He was in jail very recently, and Ross might have even had to bust him out to get him on the team. Stands to reason that if Punisher leaves the team, Ross would feel he either needs to continue serving his time (which he can't force him to do) or get rid of him, because he's a danger to society that must be stopped.

Flash admitted he was a potential danger to society and essentially had Ross on speed dial when he left. If he starts to feel like he's getting out of line, he knows he can contact Ross and be dealt with. Whereas with Frank, he will get out of line and won't have any qualms.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    I think if Ross did leave the bomb, then this is the essential problem. Unlike the rest, Punisher was actually a convict. He was in jail very recently, and Ross might have even had to bust him out to get him on the team. Stands to reason that if Punisher leaves the team, Ross would feel he either needs to continue serving his time (which he can't force him to do) or get rid of him, because he's a danger to society that must be stopped.

Flash admitted he was a potential danger to society and essentially had Ross on speed dial when he left. If he starts to feel like he's getting out of line, he knows he can contact Ross and be dealt with. Whereas with Frank, he will get out of line and won't have any qualms.
    Ross did not bust him out he made the offer when Frank was already out. I would assume there are warrants for Electra and Deadpool as well so I think he would let them walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    Ross did not bust him out he made the offer when Frank was already out. I would assume there are warrants for Electra and Deadpool as well so I think he would let them walk away.
    Even so, I think the logic is still sound. As evidenced in this issue, Ross is out to reform criminals, to take their gifts and direct them toward non-criminal goals. It stands to reason that if a criminal tries to leave this program, with no contingency, then he considers them a lost cause.

Even so, I think the logic is still sound. As evidenced in this issue, Ross is out to reform criminals, to take their gifts and direct them toward non-criminal goals. It stands to reason that if a criminal tries to leave this program, with no contingency, then he considers them a lost cause.
    Which is interesting because it's thematically closer to the purpose of the original Thunderbolts.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I hope Frank kills the Red Hulk.
    Seriously, why is this terrible excuse of a character still around?
    They`ve ruined Ross with this BS.
    I respect your opinion but I disagree. Red Hulk (and all the other members of the current team) are VERY complicated. That's what makes them interesting and a great read IMO.

Which is interesting because it's thematically closer to the purpose of the original Thunderbolts.
    I was thinking the same thing. Marvel said that they were changing things in Thunderbolts so maybe this is it? Also Deadpool had Hawkeye in his sights with that gun, is that foreshadowing him joining the team?

Quote Originally Posted by Thad937 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Marvel said that they were changing things in Thunderbolts so maybe this is it? Also Deadpool had Hawkeye in his sights with that gun, is that foreshadowing him joining the team?
    That, or he did see them and that's why he comes after them.

That, or he did see them and that's why he comes after them.
    Which is kinda funny, given he apparently didn't see the gobs of armed commandos about to kill them.

Or...he saw everything, and this is why he tries to interfere with Frank's killing of the team? This book isn't at Soule levels, but still quite good, leaving me wanting the next issue now!

A bomb doesn't sound like Ross' style, at least not to a former teammate/solider. I'd think he'd do it face to face. This seems more like a Leader set-up to get Frank to attack the rest. How he couldve done it is the question.

Curiouser and curiouser. Loved seeing Doctor Faustus, but didn't love half the issue being "we're all dead, of look we're not" (we just had a whole arc like that). Excited to see Punisher leave... as for the bomb... yeah, I don't see Ross doing that. But hey... I also think it's so obvious he didn't, that maybe he did? Ohhhh, double bluff. A solid start, but I really need this team to be changed drastically. Pleased to see the mission statement changing, hope Faustus stays around for a while (which means Moonstone MUST join... we need to see the former master and pupil interact more).

I really hope that after the recruitment of Faustus, Frank leave the team. It's obvious that Ross want to "reform" Faustus from being a villain and using his skills for the team.
    That's unacceptable for Frank, even working with T-Bolts with the Leader in the team for this long was bad enough.

Cool issue my one complaint is that Frank looked like a model
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Curiouser and curiouser. Loved seeing Doctor Faustus, but didn't love half the issue being "we're all dead, of look we're not" (we just had a whole arc like that). Excited to see Punisher leave... as for the bomb... yeah, I don't see Ross doing that. But hey... I also think it's so obvious he didn't, that maybe he did? Ohhhh, double bluff. A solid start, but I really need this team to be changed drastically.
    I thought the same thing, it felt Deus Ex Machina.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Pleased to see the mission statement changing, hope Faustus stays around for a while (which means Moonstone MUST join... we need to see the former master and pupil interact more).
    Wow I didn't know that Dr Faustus had a past with Moonstone? She would be an interesting addition and the team could use another woman.

Ross is also a guy who spent a decade or so trying to kill his main for the hulk. I think he can relate to Frank and his mission. Frank is a criminal but Ross might not view him as such. He has helped him kill mobsters in the past and did not seem to have a problem with it. As long as they did not conflict on a mission I can see him let Frank go his own way. Leader and a somewhat Deadpool have stronger reasons.

I don't look at it as reforming the Doc but making him make up for some of his past crimes. I don't think he expects anyone to change their stripes.
    Last edited by pageturner; 06-20-2014 at 01:48 PM.