Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Still don't get what happened to Hitch's artwork. Wonder Woman has the face of an elderly man.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by BatGlamorous View Post
    But my God does this month sound boring. They don't even sound like final issues, DC is just going through the motions for a month until Rebirth launches.
    Every month feels like DC is going through the motions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    Kinda what I was thinking...but I thought that was illegal!
    It's not illegal, but it is a dick move towards retailers. Retailers use the solicits to make informed decisions on how many copies to order so as to not over order and have a bunch of unsellable crap sucking up their profits and putting them out of business.
    My guess is "Rebirth" will have some kind of transitional oneshots or minis similar to Convergence. Retailers got burned on Convergence by over ordering and will be hesitant to make the same mistake twice. I'm sure DC is aware of this and they're being cagey about what Rebirth is.
    It's not a coincidence that Rebirth is in May, the same month of FCBD when LCSs get the most traffic from casual and potential new readers.
    "You can talk your way out of almost anything." - Fortune Cookie Proverb

T. Foolery's unwieldy, yet not entirely unimpressive, collection of funny books.

They have finally solicited Starman Omnibus volume 3 TP! The only problem with that is that they've taken so god-damn long to do it that they've let volume 1 go out of print (i assume), as it's now being sold for idiotic money online. What's the likelihood they'll recirculate volume 1? I don't get the point in them soliciting volume 3 if no one can get hold of volume 1...

BANNED

Impressions:
    Wolfman on Cyborg: Hmm, I guess thats fine, but it just seems rather forced... like his short stint on Superboy.
    No Final Issues: I think we may be getting a revised list later on, we know Omega Men and Starfire should be ending with these issue, as should the cut down Titans Hunt unless DC changed it's mind.
    Greg Pak off TT: Booo... I was hoping for an actual run from him not a filler story... but then again it wasn't entirely unexpected since Pak didn't seem to have much to say about this gig. Tony replacing him... eh dunno enough to judge, but pretty sure it's also just filler.
    Finchs' still on WW: Even more boo, make them go away please.

For me

- Scooby Doo Apocalypse - Would interesting though Velma looks weird
    - Red Hood & Arsenal
    - Teen Titans
    - Superman / Wonder Woman
    - SM/WW
    - Grayson
    - The other Scooby Doo stuff

So they didn't announce any of the cancellations even if the covers made it obvious (just look at Secret Six)?
    I guess they thought it would look pretty depressing with all the "final issue" notices. I'm also assuming Bleeding Cool is right and next month we'll get Rebirth #1 issues instead of straight up #1s. Justice League still hasn't reached #52 yet, so I think there will be #52 and JL Rebirth#1 next month.
    Also, that Teen Titans solicitation is weird. It makes it sound like the beginning of a new arc? Weird, because if there's one series in need of a relaunch it's that one. And are they replacing Walker on Cyborg mid-arc? If so, that's pretty terrible.
    On a more positive note, Future Quest looks nice

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Austin316 View Post
    They have finally solicited Starman Omnibus volume 3 TP! The only problem with that is that they've taken so god-damn long to do it that they've let volume 1 go out of print (i assume), as it's now being sold for idiotic money online. What's the likelihood they'll recirculate volume 1? I don't get the point in them soliciting volume 3 if no one can get hold of volume 1...
    It's for people like me who have 1 and 2, then got shafted when they decided to discontinue the reprints. I'm so happy it's back and I hope the two after that come out quickly.

Vol 1. is a little pricey here: https://www.cheapgraphicnovels.com/_...binson&x=0&y=0 but not unaffordable. Plus, with how cheap vol 2 is, it balances out.
    Last edited by Maxpower00044; 02-17-2016 at 05:27 AM.

Detective Comics
    Batman
    Batgirl
    Grayson
    Black Canary
    Omega Men
    Robin: Son of Batman
    Constantine: The Hellblazer
    We Are Robin
    Sheriff of Babylon

They probably didn't announce final issues because there's plans to actually announce what rebirth is this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    It's for people like me who have 1 and 2, then got shafted when they decided to discontinue the reprints. I'm so happy it's back and I hope the two after that come out quickly.

Vol 1. is a little pricey here: https://www.cheapgraphicnovels.com/_...binson&x=0&y=0 but not unaffordable. Plus, with how cheap vol 2 is, it balances out.
    Thanks for the link, that's probably the cheapest I've seen it, unfortunately I live in the UK and that website is estimating an insane shipping cost, bumping the price up to over $100

I'm hoping they'll begin reprinting volume 1. I was all ready to buy vols 1 & 2 the first time around and then when they cancelled the release of 3 I decided against it to avoid the feeling you felt. Time to scour the internet and hope I stumble upon an acceptably priced one.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin316 View Post
    Thanks for the link, that's probably the cheapest I've seen it, unfortunately I live in the UK and that website is estimating an insane shipping cost, bumping the price up to over $100

I'm hoping they'll begin reprinting volume 1. I was all ready to buy vols 1 & 2 the first time around and then when they cancelled the release of 3 I decided against it to avoid the feeling you felt. Time to scour the internet and hope I stumble upon an acceptably priced one.
    Bummer, man! Good luck.

Justice league #51
    aquaman #52
    black canary #12
    constantine: The hellblazer #12
    midnighter #12
    secret six #14
    batman #52
    batgirl #52
    gotham academy #18
    grayson #20
    green lantern #52
    the legend of wonder woman #5
    the legend of wonder woman #6

Can someone explain how DC is putting out the Batman and Superman Golden Age omnibus hardcovers, with almost 800 pages @ $75 whereas Marvel's Masters of Kung Fu Omnibus is 700 pages for $125? I originally thought it was a matter of the content being published but now that theory is meaningless.
    Looking for a comic podcast? Check out 4 Guys and a Comic! Reviews, interviews and fun shows.

http://fourguysandacomic.podbean.com/

Super-league fills like a filler.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Not a bad month. Calm before the big rebirth storm it feels. Probably pick up books with their normal creators and wait for reviews of books like Batman #52.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

So, fill-in month basically? I'm not down on all creative changes, Albuquerque on Batman is always great (he'd be a great candidate for the ongoing gig in Capullo's absence) and the Lanzing/Kelly-team has looked promising on B&R Eternal. Still, this all feel like a mighty scramble to keep the ship somewhat steady before Rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by ChastMastr View Post
    Also, did anyone notice another title, not Justice League, which isn't wrapping up this month?

GREEN LANTERN CORPS: EDGE OF OBLIVION #5
    Written by TOM TAYLOR
    Art and cover by ETHAN VAN SCIVER
    On sale MAY 11 • 32 pg, FC, 5 of 6, $2.99 US • RATED T
    Time is running out. The universe is collapsing—and the Green Lantern Corps must find a way to survive! The last thing they need now is a war. But, even though the universe only has days, it seems the Corps are determined to destroy themselves faster than that. It’s friend against friend. Teammate against teammate. And, if one side wins, thousands of innocents will be lost.

We also know from various Twitter things that Ethan Van Sciver is involved in Rebirth somehow. Could June's #6 be a stealth lead-in to Rebirth?
    I've thought about that as well, but if that was the case surely DC would have started hyping it by now?
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow