Super Moderator

Default Pipeline - Feb 16, 2016

Take a look back at three different Deadpool first issues, then take a trip to Italy for Jim Lee's issues of "Gen13."

Full article here.

Have I sid how much I love your column? No? Well, I love it.

As we experienced more or less the same comic-wise I can relate to most of your memories.

But for the love of god, why did you sell the Mad page? I was, still am, a great fan, don't know who I prefer, Campbell, Mad, Ramos, Bachalo. Man, those Cliffhanger days...

Gen 13 was Campbell's domain, I remember how underwhelmed I was when I heard Jim Lee would take over. You must know I am a great Jim Lee fan, but Gen13 was not his strongest work. Still good, but I prefer Campbell.

On top of it, back then the title felt really fresh and authentic, for me much more convincing then today's frantic ventures of hip and cool titles like Batgirl or Ms Marvel.

I truly hope you own Adam Hughes brilliant two-parter of Gen13. A must have!

This makes me want to re-read my Wildstorm books. I've been wanting to dive back into Wetworks. I think I'll start with that and also do a simultaneous Gen 13 re-read. Just finished reading the first Team 7 mini and Kindred series last month so this will be good. Sigh. I still lament what could have been had Lee not sold the company to DC.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

Quote Originally Posted by dimo1 View Post
    Have I sid how much I love your column? No? Well, I love it.
    Thanks! I'm only sorry it took me this long to get back to the message boards to respond... =(

But for the love of god, why did you sell the Mad page? I was, still am, a great fan, don't know who I prefer, Campbell, Mad, Ramos, Bachalo. Man, those Cliffhanger days...
    I used the money for something else. I forget what. Might have been an Artist's Edition book. It went to good use, as opposed to the page of art which was sitting in a stack of other pages.

I truly hope you own Adam Hughes brilliant two-parter of Gen13. A must have!
    I do, too. I have to look for it. I've been reading some of the spin-off stuff in the last week or two. His Superman/Gen13 book was great. Now I just have to go back into the boxes to see if I has his other one.

-Augie