Mighty Member

Default Civil War 2 Disussion thread

As we get closer to Civil War 2 we should get a inking of the Tie-ins. My concern is this is in the planning stages for a few months while Secret Wars was years and I don't know if it will be as good as Civil War 1 was I guess we will know when it gets closer to May

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

My hope is they scale back some of the tie-ins for that reason. But I'm hopeful Captain Marvel will have an impactful role. It may not be in her own book, though, but probably the Ultimates will.

I'm hoping that the rumors about War Machine & She-Hulk dying are untrue. But they probably are true, because Bendis doesn't know how to make an impact in a story otherwise.
    currently reading: Dept. H, Hellboy in Hell, Kaijumax, Moon Knight

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

Its going to be on her book and Ultimates too! Probably A-Force as well. Im sure Captain Marvel is going to rock this event! Looks like every book will be involved. <3
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelGuy View Post
    Its going to be on her book and Ultimates too! Probably A-Force as well. Im sure Captain Marvel is going to rock this event! Looks like every book will be involved. <3
    From the variant of CW #0 I actually got the feeling Carol and Jen will be on different sides. I wonder what side the other A-force girls will choose if that's the case...

To me my only concern is that it feels a little to rushed after we only just had Secret Wars finish in January and we have Avengers: Standoff beginning soon with only a month or so break before Civil War 2 starts. It just feels incredibly rushed.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I hope it's good. I read a couple of other people saying this and I have to agree that this feels rushed. Secret Wars wasn't so long ago.

Yeah, but wasn't Secret Wars originally only supposed to be 8 issues and then it was delayed for quite a while, so the time that was supposed to be between SW and CW2 shrank because of that. That might make you ask "Why don't the push Civil War II a little" and that's because there is a movie coming out that it needs to coincide with.

Quote Originally Posted by NotSoSuper View Post
    I hope it's good. I read a couple of other people saying this and I have to agree that this feels rushed. Secret Wars wasn't so long ago.
    I'm not saying it can't be good, Bendis is pretty good at times depending on what he writes, I generally enjoy his work on Miles Morales ongoing and I've heard and seen that he's generally done a good job with Iron Man so far. He might be able to pull a good story out of this.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Oddly if Ultimates are really involved then I don't see why Black Panther is the contrasting character to Tony Stark....and it would make more sense, allowing for weight of what went down with the illuminati.