Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Is there anything the Spider-Man guys can learn from the success of the Deadpool movie?

The Deadpool movie made a lot of money, so I'm reasonably sure as lot of film studios are trying to figure out what they can steal for other franchises. And this probably applies to Spider-Man. Is there anything in the Deadpool films that can be applied to Spider-Man, either the comics or the films?

I think it shows there's definitely more room in the films for Spider-Man's sense of humor. And that the budgets don't need to be astronomical. Sony may have been on the right track with their initial plans for the Amazing Spider-Man films.

In related news, director Tim Miller did a short video with Iron Man, Spider-Man and the Hulk in 2007.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...-iron-man-film
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I really liked what they did with Deadpool's mask, using CG to make it more expressive and animated, and I think that's definitely something that would also work well with Spider-Man .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I really liked what they did with Deadpool's mask, using CG to make it more expressive and animated, and I think that's definitely something that would also work well with Spider-Man .
    This is probably the biggest thing, and would really help manage the situation of needing to have Peter unmask for dramatic scenes.

I think one thing they can take from it is to not worry about overexplaining things. Things happen in Deadpool and you just accept it because why not?

I do think that Spider-man will continue to need a marginally larger budget though. You'd have to cut down a lot of the acrobatics and have to zoom out for web-swinging antics to make that work. Spider-man absolutely does not need a budget that approaches Avengers though.

Keep things PG-13 for the spider-man films. Have someone like Chris Rock write the jokes, some of which can be entered in post-production.

BANNED

A lot of things I think Deadpool did right was what Spider-Man should have done in the original trilogy movies, just have fun with the hero and make being Spider-Man fun instead of making it a legendary heroic path and so serious, Andrew Garfield tried this but it was bogged down by being too lovey dovey in it's romance and drama. Spider-Man(in the comics) used to be a gateway hero to escape as and even though it was more deep than Deadpool in tone, but it had fun and loved being compeletely unconventional on occasion and Peter unlike Batman/Superman/Blade etc stood out from them because he was enjoying being the costume and making fun of superhero clichés as well as living real life in solace he could use these powers not just for heroism but to be a kid and enjoying life, Deadpool just awakened that into his movie that Spider-Man had first established and now everyone loves fun loving heroes with a edge again.

Deadpool like I said is the Spider-Man of this gen(like Spidey was the Supes of his time), he's what you take when even mouthy heroes with a tude has standards due to being catered to typical expected types like children, and like Stephen Colbert mocks things that are audacious to polictical conservatives and doesn't care about how far it goes, this movie was for the soccer moms and uptight pansies who made edgy types like Wolverine and Batman total badbutts for the kids and getting revenge on them. I hope they don't make Wade flanderized to meet a innocent quota for marketing purposes.
    Last edited by jimishim12; 02-17-2016 at 01:47 PM.

Mainly I think they need to learn to do their own movie about Spider-Man and not worry about tying it in with SHIELD or any plans for some larger Spider-Franchise. Deadpool was pretty self-contained. But in the future, it would be pretty easy to plug in other heroes to a Deadpool movie.

Build the Spider-Man franchise first. Don't put the cart before the horse.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by jimishim12 View Post
    A lot of things I think Deadpool did right was what Spider-Man should have done in the original trilogy movies, just have fun with the hero and make being Spider-Man fun instead of making it a legendary heroic path and so serious, Andrew Garfield tried this but it was bogged down by being too lovey dovey in it's romance and drama. Spider-Man(in the comics) used to be a gateway hero to escape as and even though it was more deep than Deadpool in tone, but it had fun and loved being compeletely unconventional on occasion and Peter unlike Batman/Superman/Blade etc stood out from them because he was enjoying being the costume and making fun of superhero clichés as well as living real life in solace he could use these powers not just for heroism but to be a kid and enjoying life, Deadpool just awakened that into his movie that Spider-Man had first established and now everyone loves fun loving heroes with a edge again.

Deadpool like I said is the Spider-Man of this gen(like Spidey was the Supes of his time), he's what you take when even mouthy heroes with a tude has standards due to being catered to typical expected types like children, and like Stephen Colbert mocks things that are audacious to polictical conservatives and doesn't care about how far it goes, this movie was for the soccer moms and uptight pansies who made edgy types like Wolverine and Batman total badbutts for the kids and getting revenge on them. I hope they don't make Wade flanderized to meet a innocent quota for marketing purposes.
    Spider-Man has never made fun of superhero cliches. In fact, he's embraced them more than most.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Spider-Man has never made fun of superhero cliches. In fact, he's embraced them more than most.
    And he even established a fair few of those clichés and tropes himself. Many superheroes since his creation owe at least part of their concept or themes or presentation to his paving the way first.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

3508623_4518577153_spide.jpg

I think he made fun/referenced green lantern too.

Theres his attempt at Batman speech/Ghost Rider in both a spidey team up and Marvel vs. Capcom 3.
    Last edited by jimishim12; 02-17-2016 at 04:03 PM.

BANNED

Spidey's entire history has been about subverting superhero cliches. I mean, it's right there in the intro to Amazing Fantasy #15: "Like costumed heroes? Confidentially, we in the comic mag business refer to them as "long underwear characters"! And, as you know, they're a dime a dozen! But we think you may find our Spider-Man just a bit...different!"

As for what the makers of the new Spider-Man can learn from the DP movie, I would say...not much. I mean, DP was great but you know that Marvel's has had their own ideas of what they'd do with Spidey locked and loaded for ages. Given their track record in making difficult properties work, I think it's safe to assume they've got a good bead on Spidey, their crown jewel. One thing I did love about DP that could be carried over to Spidey was how they handled the mask. It looked real but had a hint of extra expressiveness thanks to subtle CGI work that I think would be perfect for Spidey.

I'm not sure the animated eyes would work with Spidey - its a bit too cartoony to work in something that's not meant to break the fourth wall like Deadpool is.

If anything Deadpool makes Marvel's task a bit harder with the next Spidey. Sarcastic banter is Spidey's bread and butter and that's what Feige wanted to focus on with the next movie, but he's going to have to compete with Deadpool's banter on overdrive now. Makes it a lot harder for Spidey to standout comedy-wise.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Proper flashback story telling. Deadpool did it better than both TASM and especially Man of Steel.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Spidey's entire history has been about subverting superhero cliches. I mean, it's right there in the intro to Amazing Fantasy #15: "Like costumed heroes? Confidentially, we in the comic mag business refer to them as "long underwear characters"! And, as you know, they're a dime a dozen! But we think you may find our Spider-Man just a bit...different!"

As for what the makers of the new Spider-Man can learn from the DP movie, I would say...not much. I mean, DP was great but you know that Marvel's has had their own ideas of what they'd do with Spidey locked and loaded for ages. Given their track record in making difficult properties work, I think it's safe to assume they've got a good bead on Spidey, their crown jewel. One thing I did love about DP that could be carried over to Spidey was how they handled the mask. It looked real but had a hint of extra expressiveness thanks to subtle CGI work that I think would be perfect for Spidey.
    That's true, but I wouldn't mind something new for the character that hasn't been done before instead of updating the same reciepe for a new generation. Something that reflects a identifiable trend of todays youth that is pretty much what Deadpool is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Mainly I think they need to learn to do their own movie about Spider-Man and not worry about tying it in with SHIELD or any plans for some larger Spider-Franchise. Deadpool was pretty self-contained. But in the future, it would be pretty easy to plug in other heroes to a Deadpool movie.

Build the Spider-Man franchise first. Don't put the cart before the horse.
    This, all day.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

It shouldn't follow the Marvel formula. Marvel has used the same formula a couple of times and while a winning formula, it shouldn't be a crutch. Plus, Spider-Man is already a well established character in the audiences' minds so we don't need that formula for an already told story. Make Spider-Man feel fresh.

Also I really enjoyed the banter between Vanessa and Wade and made me glad for the first time for a superhero romance. It didn't feel like it was chucked in there to fufill the love interest quota. I think Peter could benefit whether it be MJ or Felicia to bounce off on in the movie. Gwen & Peter were too lovey dovey and boring with dialogue for my taste in Amazing.

Also the humor. While not Deadpool's humor, it would be great to see Peter be funny and not just be allocated one quip per hour.

Appropriate flashbacks. Nothing overdone. I wouldn't mind a cool opening sequence that establishes things so we can have it done and dusted.

I actually wouldn't mind narrating from Peter. It could fit his character.