Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Lois was also, at least, part Hispanic/Latino in ALL STAR SUPERMAN.
    on lois lane new52 one shot, her mother is latina. But no writer follow up that

I finally got around to this issue, and American Alien keeps being great. Really enjoyed how Lee kept toying with the visual reveal of Luthor, he's certainly not the most interesting-looking guy out there and still the movement when he stepped into the light felt powerful. Probably had a lot to do with his first appearance in the awesome panel of the helicopter landing, some great composition in there. However, Landis also definitely missed a super obvious opportunity by not having Clark say "You owe me a MacBook, you rich *******" to Batman when he smashed him against that wall and revealed him to be Bruce Wayne...
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    However, Landis also definitely missed a super obvious opportunity by not having Clark say "You owe me a MacBook, you rich *******" to Batman when he smashed him against that wall and revealed him to be Bruce Wayne...
    The only true flaw of the book!

Would've been SO perfect now that you bring it up. Maybe something to save for Superman: Agent of Batman?

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Really awesome issue. This series has been pretty awesome sans one issue, #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I didn't see it as Clark being inspired by Batman so much as him being inspired by what Dick Grayson said about Batman doing it wrong and how people need hope. Which I found interesting since it's a story that Supes tells Grayson years later that inspires him to become Nightwing.
    Oddly enough Lex also helped put the idea in Clark's head. Pragmatism over fatalism. Of course without the extreme arrogance that Lex displays.
    Yeah, I'm surprised more aren't talking more about Dick in this. He's definitely introduced as a more complex character than other versions of him that I've seen and he's a kid still, I'm definitely really feeling that. I agree that the conversations between Lex and Dick was what implanted the idea of being a hero.

I think seeing Batman and easily overcoming him was like, "anything you can do, I can probably do better." Haha, I do love that as humble as Clark is, I liked that smirk he gives Batman as he pins him to the wall, because he knows you can't easily **** with him.