Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Default Pak's off Action

Action Comics #50 is his last issue.

Wish I could say it was a good run...but no matter how hard that run's light tried to shine, circumstances didn't really allow it, did they?

Still personally hoping the Pak/Kuder team takes Flash.
    Buh-bye

Well.....

F**K.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

.......well that's very underwhelming.

In Pak we will always trust.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Sadly, I have to say this is good news to me.

Wish Kuder could stick around though.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I'm always a sucker for creative team shakeups. Hope the next folks are at least as committed as Pak has been.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The worst thing is that Pak hasn't really had a chance to tell the story he wanted, because most of his run was part of crossovers.

It's a shame Pak was always dragged into those crossovers. He and Kuder really had an interesting voice for Superman and told some really fun stories. I'll miss that dynamic duo. It would be nice if they were put on Flash though.

Yeah, I do feel somewhat bad that Pak never really got to write Superman stories. The books have just been weird anti-Superman stories lately.

I feel like he had a lot more to say with the character than editorial allowed, but alas the book has been abysmally bad so maybe this is for the best.

BANNED

With Tomasi taking over Superman, I don't have high hopes for who will succeed Pak in Action.

Quote Originally Posted by Ina heshima kwa Jumuia kama ka View Post
    With Tomasi taking over Superman, I don't have high hopes for who will succeed Pak in Action.
    God, I hope it's Seely.

Jeff Parker on SUPERMAN and Tim Seely on ACTION COMICS would rock. Tom King on either would be heaven, but he seems busy.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 02-02-2016 at 12:32 PM.

Get ready for more mediocraty folks. The best Superman writer has left us.

Spectacular Member Hopeful Hero's Avatar

Yes of course it makes perfect sense to let go of one of the few writers who actually get Superman. Man that's heart breaking news to hear. Now we have Tomasi taking over for the Super books (at least some of them) and I don't even know what to say to that. The new line up of books coming out don't enthuse me as much and I'm hoping we get other writers on these books who can follow up Paks and Morrison's foot steps.
    "So as I pray, Unlimited Pak Works!"

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Basically impossible as it may be, I'm hoping Steve Orlando takes on Action. More likely it'll be Yang, with Tomasi on Superman and...I dunno, Lobdell on The Super Man and Dan Jurgens on Man of Steel. Less death of a thousand cuts for the Superman line like it's going through so much as the slow suffocation of mediocrity.
    Buh-bye

Spectacular Member Hopeful Hero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Basically impossible as it may be, I'm hoping Steve Orlando takes on Action. More likely it'll be Yang, with Tomasi on Superman and...I dunno, Lobdell on The Super Man and Dan Jurgens on Man of Steel. Less death of a thousand cuts for the Superman line like it's going through so much as the slow suffocation of mediocrity.
    If that's true then i hope they at least give him a co-writer who can tighten up is scripts. because as many have said here before the man has some good concept ideas but poor execution if he has someone to help out with the scripting I would be fine with that.

As for Jurgens, I'd prefer he stay on Lois and Clark just because his voice fits well for that book.
    "So as I pray, Unlimited Pak Works!"

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    That's my nightmare scenario. I just can't believe they would go that mediocre with the new movie coming out. Surely, we get one new, big name