Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbrat View Post
    That just made the whole thing all the more pointless.
    Exactly. Why make it a two parter at all? If they had cut some of the scenes in the school and made that into a different issue this whole thing could've been done in one. Which really could've been anywhere, since Weirdworld didn't really play that much of a part in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The biggest plus I'll give the issue is the short arc and not taking too long to get everything done.
    i wish shiro had just saved us all the embarrassment and set illyana on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The biggest plus I'll give the issue is the short arc and not taking too long to get everything done.
    Reminds me of one of the reviews for Jurassic Park 3:

Cons: It was bad.
    Pros: It was short.

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    Ilyanna just made me cringe. She was all SCREAM and ATTACK. Everything about the subplot was predictable.
    'Predictable X-men' should be the name of this book. Who's ready for the inevitable Forge-Storm-Logan love triangle?

Wow, I didn't expect this much negative feedback for this issue.

And I am over here just enjoying what I read

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Exactly. Why make it a two parter at all? If they had cut some of the scenes in the school and made that into a different issue this whole thing could've been done in one. Which really could've been anywhere, since Weirdworld didn't really play that much of a part in it.
    Weirdworld played a part..... it's all about establishing it in the MU, since virtually every Marvel book seems to be having a story connected with it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbrat View Post
    That just made the whole thing all the more pointless.
    My point is it didn't spin its wheels for five issues like the opening arc did just so it could pad out a trade.

Its difficult to put into words how awful this issue is…its almost embarrassing…I regret the purchase and support Ive shown for the previous 6 issues. Im going to remove this from the pull list…and Im sad because I like Nightcrawler and Magik so much.

if marvel comics goal was to drive away x-fans from their core offering....then it sounds like mission is being accomplish

All-New Member

The recently ended Nightcrawler series FINALLY restored a little bit of the fun to this character. With this series though, it's all been wiped out again. It's incredibly frustrating as someone who wants to see Nightcrawler portrayed as something other than a perpetually broken, shell of his former self.

Goddess, X-tra Ordinary X-Men gets worse and worse with each issue.

Can we get a writer who has a better grasp of the X-verse please? Idk how much longer I can take this...

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    Goddess, X-tra Ordinary X-Men gets worse and worse with each issue.

Can we get a writer who has a better grasp of the X-verse please? Idk how much longer I can take this...
    I agree. I know Lemire has high aspirations for this book, but it isn't working. Marvel really needs to put someone else on it eventually. There are a lot of writers that have proven they can write a good X-team book. Lemire obviously is not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    I agree. I know Lemire has high aspirations for this book, but it isn't working. Marvel really needs to put someone else on it eventually. There are a lot of writers that have proven they can write a good X-team book. Lemire obviously is not one of them.
    Can we take up a collection to get Mike Carey back?

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Can we take up a collection to get Mike Carey back?
    Seconding this.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Wow, I didn't expect this much negative feedback for this issue.

And I am over here just enjoying what I read
    I'll chime in and say that I enjoyed it as well.

But I seem to be much easier to please than the general reader. This could be seen as a good or bad quality depending how you look at it. If it has x-characters that I care about doing stuff, I'm pretty happy, lol.

A lot of the stuff people are upset about I never read about so I can't relate. For example,
    People saying Kurt has seen worse than what he saw here, those people may have a point. However, this is my first time reading a book with nightcrawler, so the reveal did have meaning to me and didn't leave me unsatisfied. I also don't recall ever reading a book where storm has entered a psychic plane so her confusion about her powers made sense to me.

Obviously she has done this in the past before but I haven't read a lot of x-books before so, again, it didn't bother me. On the contrary, it was helpful.

Maybe Lemire is just assuming the average reader for this book knows very little about the details of the characters' pasts. I certainly fit into that group and maybe that's why I am able to enjoy the book more.