Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

This issue was actually fine considering some of the reactions in Germany to the current refugee crisis.

Also greatly losing my love for Magik. And starting to like Shiro.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 02-17-2016 at 02:33 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Everyone has already pointed out the problems with this book so rather than add to the dog pile I'll just say Ibanez draws a hot Sunfire and Iceman.
    Can you show the scan please.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    This issue was actually fine considering some of the reactions in Germany to the current refugee crisis.

Also greatly losing my love for Magik. And starting to like Shiro.
    There were so many better ways to reference the refugee crisis than showing a mass grave... It was clearly a Holocaust reference.

Thought this was a very so-so issue. It wasn't terrible. It had some nice moments, mainly at the end with Jean hugging Nightcrawler. But other than that, this issue felt rushed and forced. It gave the impression that this whole plot had to be condensed to make room for Apocalypse Wars. I understand that, but it robbed this issue of any major drama. The whole Sunspot working with Cyclops issue basically got forgotten. And of course we got no further insight into what Cyclops did, not that we should've expected it.

I still won't go so far as to say this issue was bad. The art was solid and the characterization was pretty spot on. That's one thing Lemire has done a good job of. He seems to have a good feel for these characters. It's the plot around them that's the flaw. This series always seems to be on the brink of collapsing, but it didn't in this issue so I say that's a win. I did a full review of this issue on my blog. If it's okay with the mods, here's a link:

Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbrat View Post
    There were so many better ways to reference the refugee crisis than showing a mass grave... It was clearly a Holocaust reference.
    It can be both. Particularly with right wing groups popping up all over Europe at the moment. In any case the issue was fine. And this is coming from someone who hasn't been a fan of this series for the first 6 issues. They will lose me with their time travel crap in this crossover.

Apart from Storm being a total noob. Although it could be argued that whether their powers work on the astral plane depends entirely on the author. For example, during the Muir Island saga it did. During Inferno it didn't. During Psi-War it didn't.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 02-17-2016 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbrat View Post
    Kurt was kidnapped by Sinister at the beginning of the book. He was kidnapped for a day at most.
    No, in the first issue, Kurt was escaping Sinister and he got captured again. We don't know how long he was in Sinister's hands before his failed escape.

Quote Originally Posted by SchismOfMadroces View Post
    Also, "This is dangerous territory, a girlfriend." At least hit up a Google Translate before you publish something in another language.
    That's what editors are for... oh, wait, a Marvel editor said, on record, that he was not reading the books before they were published. That he was only doing it after so to check where the authors were going...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    That's what editors are for... oh, wait, a Marvel editor said, on record, that he was not reading the books before they were published. That he was only doing it after so to check where the authors were going...
    Wow. That's...urk.... *aneurysm*

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I know... that's hilarous when you compare it to what some famous classic SF authors wrote, in their anthology's preface, about how they had to submit and re-submit their novels to their editors before it was accepted to be published.

Well, that explains so much things.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Let me join you. Grkrkrkrkrkrkrk
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

One thing I don't really care about is loooooong living characters' being a little less competent than they were in an issue five/ten/twenty/thirty years ago. Some of these characters have been written to be a little too conveniently brilliant and simultaneously powerful that when coupled with their large history they are inevitably going to hit a brick wall when it comes to dramatic tension.

Storm, who has versatile and immensely powerful abilities, isn't also a master of the astral plane? That's fine with me.

Nightcrawler, a sensitive soul, isn't immediately able to cope with the latest atrocities at hand? Sounds good to me (and actually quite believable still).

That isn't to say that I didn't think this issue wasn't on par with the mediocrity of its predecessors. The characterizations are forgettable and generic and the story, despite all that was happening, was very sleepy to me.

I continue to think this book is just an awkward fit for Lemire.

The hug was nice but just mad Kitty has no part but i mean i never expected her to cause she's off with the guardians. But i second a lot of you. Nightcrawler's been through so much. Why does this effect him?

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    The hug was nice but just mad Kitty has no part but i mean i never expected her to cause she's off with the guardians. But i second a lot of you. Nightcrawler's been through so much. Why does this effect him?
    Well, it's either Cyclops's fault or simply that "it is the last straw that breaks the camel's back".