Super Moderator

Default EXCLUSIVE: "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Pink" Variant Covers Revealed

Plus, the first look at every cover for "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers" #3!

Full article here.

Man. I don't know if the hype can sustain this much Ranger action, but those exhilarating covers definitely make me want to see them try.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Man. I don't know if the hype can sustain this much Ranger action, but those exhilarating covers definitely make me want to see them try.
    I feel ya. BOOM's thinks they got a gold mine on their hands (which they very well may have if the the pre-ordered numbers are anything to go by), but I would have waited a month or two to see how sales did for issues 1 and 2 before announcing a new series. Mini or otherwise. Though with how good issue 0 was (and it was GOOD), the movie coming out next year, now is the time to build and ride the hype.

I found the rest of the solicit over on BC:
    What It Is: Kimberly has retired from the Power Rangers to pursue life as a professional gymnast, but Zordon calls her back for one last mission to defend a mountainside where a long-resting, ancient, evil Zord lies dormant. To get back into the action—and, for the first time, lead her own team—Kimberly has to dust off the rust, plus create a practical, handmade outfit in the process!
    My question is does this follow the comic or tv timeline? Because Kim left mid way through season 3, so if it follows the TV this show would have to be set ether during Zeo or the early days of Turbo.

If the comic are creating their own timeline going from GWE...then what would cause Kim to quit? Lots of questions. And I feel like i'm a kid in the 90s in my Red Ranger PJs playing with the Megazords i got for Christmas.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    My question is does this follow the comic or tv timeline? Because Kim left mid way through season 3, so if it follows the TV this show would have to be set ether during Zeo or the early days of Turbo.

If the comic are creating their own timeline going from GWE...then what would cause Kim to quit? Lots of questions. And I feel like i'm a kid in the 90s in my Red Ranger PJs playing with the Megazords i got for Christmas.
    No idea. Since they have smart phones they're more than willing to update to modern conventions, so it may be an ultimate universe. They did play up the idea of Kim being a professional level gymnast in the show and you peak really early in that sport, so she may have just seen her window closing.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    No idea. Since they have smart phones they're more than willing to update to modern conventions, so it may be an ultimate universe. They did play up the idea of Kim being a professional level gymnast in the show and you peak really early in that sport, so she may have just seen her window closing.
    This is true.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Barring the updates in the era, I would expect these comics to follow the TV show timeline. On the plus side, this likely also means that we'll get to see Lord Zedd.

Perhaps this comic story will provide the explanation for Kimberly breaking up with Tommy via "Dear John" letter in Zeo.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

The main Mighty Morphin Power Rangers comic is for sure it's own timeline, taking place in modern day rather than 93. Now The Pink Ranger mini I'm not so sure. I think it would be difficult to do a story set in the future for that timeline since it just started. I do wonder if perhaps the Pink mini could take place during the original series. And more importantly if it does could the two different teams meet and crossover.