Extraordinary Member

Default Status Quo for the thus-far unplaced Bat characters in Rebirth?

We've got the Rebirth placements for a pretty good chunk of the Bat-family now. So, who are you still waiting on, and where do you think they may end up? This should be a good way to keep track of where some of the characters are until we find out where they're going to be.

So, list of major characters in the Batverse who we're looking for (submit your own additions and I'll try and add them after work):

Tim Drake
    Cass Cain
    Steph Brown
    Selina Kyle
    Jean Paul Valley
    Harper Rowe

The rumors say that Damian will replace Tim on Teen Titans, which is a move I actually approve of, and there is a chance he could reappear in Batman Beyond still wearing Terry's costume, which I think still sounds stupid. We've also got speculation he may show up in the new RHATO, which i might pick up provided IT'S NOT WRITTEN BY LOBDELL.

Cass and Steph seem like viable candidates for Batgirl and BOP, but some of the BOP fans have raised valid objections to immediately pushing them in there. Selina can always just be the vigilante-catburglar, thought that seems fairly generic. Jean Paul honestly strikes me as a guest appearance character, and I'm fine with that.

And for all we know, we could still have a Batman Eternal type book hosting these characters
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Extraordinary Member

Birds f prey reeboot so in the work
    batgirl is jsut leading up to that with all thease females

i expect other to fall into oblivion

I'm surprised (and kind of sad) Catwoman and Batwoman don't have their own books. They're really the only ones I like that are truly missing.
    Damian is probably going to co-star in Super Sons, though I would have preferred he'd keep his solo. DC is going from two Robin books to none?
    Harper and Spoiler will probably be part of the new BoP if the current Batgirl arc is any indication.
    Tim will probably still be around in some Titans book or Detective Comics.

The safe bet is Cass, Steph, and Harper in Birds of Prey(along side Barbara obviously and Dinah). I agree with Jean Paul being a once in a blue moon guest character, and I'm thinking the same might happen with Selina, unless detective comics turns into an anthology book. Assuming Damien goes to the Teen Titans, and Dick to Titans, that leaves Tim in a weird place. I guess I could see him going along with Red Hood(and presumably Arsenal) in his new book? (While were at it, let's throw Midnighter there too, I feel like that could work)

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

DC needs to have some of these characters remember their pre-FP past. Particularly JPV, a major component of Knightfall.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    I guess I could see him going along with Red Hood(and presumably Arsenal) in his new book? (While were at it, let's throw Midnighter there too, I feel like that could work)
    Midnighter would make more sense as support character in Nightwing or suicide squad than in RHatO.

I still don't think that having Damian staring in the Teen Titans is a good idea if they don't replace most of the team with new younger characters. But that would leave the question what to do with the old team and could potentially cause the same problem that this team had (having a bunch of new characters around and not enough space to flesh them out).

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Midnighter would make more sense as support character in Nightwing or suicide squad than in RHatO.

I still don't think that having Damian staring in the Teen Titans is a good idea if they don't replace most of the team with new younger characters. But that would leave the question what to do with the old team and could potentially cause the same problem that this team had (having a bunch of new characters around and not enough space to flesh them out).
    Midnighter definitely makes the most sense with Grayson, but I think that's a bit up in the air really until they reveal more of what they plan on doing with him as Nightwing again. Suicide Squad...eh, I get it but that wouldn't be my personal pick(though really I wish they just kept his solo going).

The May issue of teen titans seems to imply that they are starting a new arc. So maybe Tim will stay in TT.

Cass, Harper and Stephanie will be in BOP.

And I don't know about the rest. They might gather them in one book or make them a supporting cast who appear sometimes in the main bat characters books.

BANNED

Sry JPV hasnt be relevant since what the 90s Major Character my ***...as for Harper Row not major either but if SYnder is around she will be around.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Cass and Steph and Harper in their own book, probably a BOP like book, not sure if Huntress is still involved in all of that.

Damian and Tim could work together as friendly rivals in a book this way Tim's playing a role. Maybe have Tim as part of an Outsiders book? Or better still Tim to Teen Titans and Damian to Young justice. Or vice versa.

Jason and Dick seem to be in a good place. Not sure for Catwoman or JPV. By the way where does this leave Batwoman and Batwing?

If nowhere else, I'd expect Harper Row to stick around while Snyder's (allegedly) writing Detective Comics. There's also Duke to consider, who seems to have a lot of momentum pushing him toward being the next Robin. The rest of the We Are Robin kids will probably fade out completely by the time Rebirth kicks in.