Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Batman and Robin Eternal" #20 Hints at Huge Status Quo Change for Dick Grayson

In "Batman and Robin Eternal" #20, Dick Grayson learned something that could change his life forever.

Full article here.

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

I like this. Much better then a deal with the devil. Maybe Dick will do a solid for Clark and put that genie back in the bottle too!
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Johns and Van Sciver Nightwing Rebirth maybe?
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

A huge regression, you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    A huge regression, you mean.
    If they have him fill the same role as Nightwing who cares. Nightwing is an infinitely cooler/more marketable identity than Agent 13. The issue is if they take him off the spy/global aspect and put him back on the street as a character whose series has to revolve around Batman crossovers.

(Edit: Or Agent 37. The identity is so unmemorable apparently I can't even remember the number lol)
    Last edited by dan12456; 02-18-2016 at 10:32 AM.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

With this, Titans Hunt, and Robin Wars DC comics really is trying to set up Dick Grayson's return to being Nightwing, which isn't a terrible thing since even as a spy he was still swinging around and having a lot of fun as he usually would. As long they don't completely do away with his connections to the spy world, meaning I'd like to see some of his supporting cast from Grayson show up from time to time.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    If they have him fill the same role as Nightwing who cares. Nightwing is an infinitely cooler/more marketable identity than Agent 13. The issue is if they take him off the spy/global aspect and put him back on the street as a character whose series has to revolve around Batman crossovers.
    This. Nightwing is a big historical beloved persona. And way more marketable. Dick was always gonna go back to Nightwing, no one should have doubted that.

(When there's a Nightwing movie someday, you'll definitely know how right the switch back was)
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-17-2016 at 02:17 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Whatever. Going back to Nightwing was inevitable, but don't just have him pull out his previous Nightwing suit from the trunk of his car and put it on. Give us an honest to goodness return of Nightwing deal. Im talking new trendy suit (thats blue!), new stakes, new mission, that whole deal. For the love of god incorporate Grayson into Nightwing to give us a new and revitalized Nightwing. Basically don't do what they're doing in Titan Hunt.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-17-2016 at 08:25 PM.

Spectacular Member

And from Worlds Greatest Spy back to being Batman's Boot Boy. Great character "evolution" DC.

Why can't DC let Dick alone, he was doing so great with a new creative team and all. I bet whatever comes next will be absolutely mediocre like it has been with Nightwing and Teen Titans in the last idk 20 years? I can't even remember when it started. I'm tired of this.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Whatever. Going back to Nightwing was inevitable, but don't just have him pull out his previous Nightwing suit from the truck of his car and put it on. Give us an honest to goodness return of Nightwing deal. Im talking new trendy suit (thats blue!), new stakes, new mission, that whole deal. For the love of god incorporate Grayson into Nightwing to give us a new and revitalized Nightwing. Basically don't do what they're doing in Titan Hunt.
    QFT. That would make a return to the Nightwing persona worthwhile. Otherwise it's just a regression for the character and I'm not interested in seeing that. Do something new with it is all I'm wanting out of it otherwise it seems a pointless and uninteresting direction to take to me as well as a big waste of all the character growth he's had recently.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 02-17-2016 at 02:33 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Dick Grayson as Nightwing is one of my favorite characters in all comics and I am totally excited about getting him back in his superhero identity.

I hope if it's true they bring him back in the black and blue costume. Black and red are Batwoman's colors.

Extraordinary Member

The spy thing never felt really natural for Dick, allready Grayson #4 made quite clear that Nightwing is what he wants to be and not Agent 37.

Finding a happy medium where Nightwing is a Spyral sanctioned superhero could be a cool idea. I could even see him leading a Nightwing & The Outsiders type team book.

Having him regress back into a vanilla role in Gotham would be the worst DC could possibly do after how acclaimed Grayson has been.
    Batgirl - ...BOP - Batman - 'Tec - Nightwing - Supergirl - Titans - Wonder Woman

There are really 2 rules they need to follow.
    1) No to Red and yes to Blue.
    2) Don't place him in a redundant role where he is Bludhaven Protection and Gotham support, Dickbats is a good example of how he can operate in Gotham and he can do it wit Bruce around and Grayson is a good example of international ops.