Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Squadron Supreme #4 (Spoilers)

Sorry, but right now I can't post too much except this:

HA!!! I was right!! Power Princess is a traitor because.... She's actually Warrior Woman from the Squadron Sinister!!! I knew it was her because of her swords. This open a big door for Thundra replacing her in the Squadron Supreme.

And by the way, the big enemy in this story is another old Avenger went cuckoo by Weirworld: Doctor Druid!!! (Just like Black Knight).

I thought this issue was **** personally. I think this is where I jump off this book.

Still can't this "not gonna be around very long book" got to kill off Namor.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

All-New Member

I really enjoyed this issue. Had some great moments; particularly the Squadron falling and the reveal of Doctor Druid. I like how this book is bringing a lot of old characters back and using them well. Weirdworld worked well for these characters and book.
    I can't wait to see how the Squadron gets back on its feet.

Was very disappointed with this issue. Not because of the Warrior Woman reveal but because it seems this book is running on borrowed time and lost any of the momentum it had in the first three issues. I preferred the story of the entire Marvel Universe coming after Namors death and Atlantis' massacre. Doesn't look like it'll be around long enough without rushing the story when this book gets cancelled.

While I'm glad that Power Princess was revealed to be Warrior Woman from Battleworld, I'm confused at why she's evil now. Back in the Squadron Sinister mini she seemed to be the token good member of the team, helping to bring them down and yet now she's the traitor not for the reason of stopping them from their mission but some deal Doctor Druid made with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    While I'm glad that Power Princess was revealed to be Warrior Woman from Battleworld, I'm confused at why she's evil now. Back in the Squadron Sinister mini she seemed to be the token good member of the team, helping to bring them down and yet now she's the traitor not for the reason of stopping them from their mission but some deal Doctor Druid made with her.
    Warrior Woman may have been the nicest of the Squadron Sinister, but I'm not entirely sure she qualifies as a good guy either. She killed her share of people so her willingness to kill her teammates here isn't exactly shocking.

As for the issue in general... it was okay. It's kind of fun seeing Druid again, and I like Thundra being on the team.

But I think shifting to a completely different story arc seems a bit jarring. I'm sure we'll get back to where he left off soon enough, but it sort of wastes the momentum the book initially built up over the whole Namor thing.

And overall the book still hasn't gone a great job of getting me to particuarly like or root or a lot of the characters. I still could care less about Spectrum, Blur, and Princess Power (or Warrior Woman or whatever). And I still don't entirely buy Hyperion being on this team in the first place.

I'm not ready to jump off this book yet, but it's not blowing me away either.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Was very disappointed with this issue. Not because of the Warrior Woman reveal but because it seems this book is running on borrowed time and lost any of the momentum it had in the first three issues. I preferred the story of the entire Marvel Universe coming after Namors death and Atlantis' massacre. Doesn't look like it'll be around long enough without rushing the story when this book gets cancelled.
    That story will continue when the trip to Weirdworld is over. I think this is basically preparing the field to replace "Power Princess" with Thundra.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Why? Why are we making Dr. Druid evil? Why? What reason is it to make him mad?

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    That story will continue when the trip to Weirdworld is over. I think this is basically preparing the field to replace "Power Princess" with Thundra.
    You will be lucky to get 12 issues out of this series. This arc a lone will take at least 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Why? Why are we making Dr. Druid evil? Why? What reason is it to make him mad?
    Druid seems to be corrupted by power fairly easily. The first 2-3 times he went bad was directly due to mind control (which actually makes him a good good candidate for the Squadron Supreme now that I think about it, since that's seemingly one of their common pit falls) but the last time right before he died I think he just went nuts.

So here he's almost just continuing where he left off.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Druid seems to be corrupted by power fairly easily. The first 2-3 times he went bad was directly due to mind control (which actually makes him a good good candidate for the Squadron Supreme now that I think about it, since that's seemingly one of their common pit falls) but the last time right before he died I think he just went nuts.

So here he's almost just continuing where he left off.
    It's weird then that they picked him as being the Sorcerer Supreme when Stephen was out of the picture. So this is reborn Dr. Druid exactly as he was when he died? Well hopefully Robinson can get some use out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    It's weird then that they picked him as being the Sorcerer Supreme when Stephen was out of the picture. So this is reborn Dr. Druid exactly as he was when he died? Well hopefully Robinson can get some use out of him.
    Are you thinking about Dr. Voodoo instead of Dr. Druid? Because I don't believe Druid was ever Sorcerer Supreme.

could be cool if when they bring back Druid and modred back to earth they come the their sens and joins the team. Druid as the telephath/jon jonzz and Modred as the mystic/Zatanna

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I thought this issue was **** personally. I think this is where I jump off this book.

Still can't this "not gonna be around very long book" got to kill off Namor.
    You will be lucky to get 12 issues out of this series. This arc a lone will take at least 3.
    Just because you don't like this book doesn't mean it's on the chopping block. It has multiple spin-off books coming. Even if it doesn't sell, it will be around for a while. Thinking it will be cancelled is, kindly put, completely unrealistic.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Are you thinking about Dr. Voodoo instead of Dr. Druid? Because I don't believe Druid was ever Sorcerer Supreme.
    He wasn't, they likely are thinking of Brother Voodoo/Doctor Voodoo. I hope changing his name to King Druid sticks, because that is both cooler and more unique.

Mighty Member

I'm with reality with this one, they're trying to establish a Squadron Supreme corner of the marvel universe with two spin-offs that haven't even come out yet. It can go either way, they can stick to their guns like they did with Inhumans or they can get skittish like they did with Eternals, but personally, I'd assume their commitment to this title and this corner is somewhere in the middle.