Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I think these Wierdworld stories between Black Knight and here shouldn've been addressed in the Wierdworld book, but I'm still on board with the team. I hope we get back to SS vs the world though.

I'm not sure how I feel about power princess being warrior woman- I would've preferred warrior woman on this team over power princess. I'm definitely not happy with Doctor Druid as a bad guy. I always felt he got a raw deal.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about power princess being warrior woman- I would've preferred warrior woman on this team over power princess. I'm definitely not happy with Doctor Druid as a bad guy. I always felt he got a raw deal.
    I do sort of feel sorry for Druid. You can make an arguement that not counting the Timely Comics heroes like Torch and Namor, Dr. Druid was Marvel Comics first super hero.

That said, at this point I think he probably has more potential as a villain than a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality View Post
    Just because you don't like this book doesn't mean it's on the chopping block. It has multiple spin-off books coming. Even if it doesn't sell, it will be around for a while. Thinking it will be cancelled is, kindly put, completely unrealistic.
    Since the sales figures are already in the toilet by issue 3, I'm guessing it's safe to say cancellation is very realistic.

BANNED

The book (and team) require a writer that actually knows what their doing as opposed to Robinson who really doesn't seem to know what audience he's aiming to keep entertained.

This issue was quite dissapointing and coupled with the lacklustre art and generally tepid pacing, I'm no longer as enthusiastic for the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    The book (and team) require a writer that actually knows what their doing as opposed to Robinson who really doesn't seem to know what audience he's aiming to keep entertained.

This issue was quite dissapointing and coupled with the lacklustre art and generally tepid pacing, I'm no longer as enthusiastic for the book.
    Oh crap, me and MM agree on something

I just really don't get it. You start this "us against the world, F YALL!" team, take said team to behead on OG character... and then 4th issue take the team to some random place that has nothign to do with anything really?

Book is begging to be cancelled
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

I just really don't get it. You start this "us against the world, F YALL!" team, take said team to behead on OG character... and then 4th issue take the team to some random place that has nothign to do with anything really?

I don't necessarily disagree with you on the matter, but to play devil's advocate... the us against the world thing is probably a much larger arc that won't be resolved anytime soon, so there's probably lots of smaller story arcs to give them other stuff to do while this bigger thing is going on.

If the book can last a year without getting prematurely cancelled that's PROBABLY the sensible way to write the book. The downside is really if the book can't last that long and we end up with a rushed resolution because they spent time having the team do other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't necessarily disagree with you on the matter, but to play devil's advocate... the us against the world thing is probably a much larger arc that won't be resolved anytime soon, so there's probably lots of smaller story arcs to give them other stuff to do while this bigger thing is going on.

If the book can last a year without getting prematurely cancelled that's PROBABLY the sensible way to write the book. The downside is really if the book can't last that long and we end up with a rushed resolution because they spent time having the team do other stuff.
    I feel like we should still be seeing them taking out threats to Earth, not this arc.

The last sentenceis likely the most logical thing to happen though. Marvel had to know this books was going ot hover around the cut off line...
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

The smaller arc is just to get Thundra on the team. That being said, the killing of Namor is message board fodder but Namor isnt that big of a selling point. So his death is a pretty meh event when there is no build up to it. If Namor had died in Secret Wars or at the end of New Avengers then it would have an actual impact.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post

Yeah. I am with you on this. The book is just average with nothing to say. I can get my Hyperion and Nighthawk fix with their upcoming solos.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Yeah. I am with you on this. The book is just average with nothing to say. I can get my Hyperion and Nighthawk fix with their upcoming solos.
    Yeah, I think average is the best way to describe this book so far (though I did like the third issue). It's not terrible by any means, but it doesn't look all that great when sitting in the shadow of Gruenwald and JMS's classic runs. I'm still not ready to give up on the title yet, but I've got one foot out the door at this point.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

The smaller arc is just to get Thundra on the team. That being said, the killing of Namor is message board fodder but Namor isnt that big of a selling point. So his death is a pretty meh event when there is no build up to it. If Namor had died in Secret Wars or at the end of New Avengers then it would have an actual impact.
    That's not true at all.

And since Namor death is a direct result of New Avengers / Secret Wars, and this happens in the first issue AFTER Secret Wars. The impact is the same ... unless you are a Black Panther fan.

Considering the reception to this book, I wouldn't count on having a fix too long. I wouldn't be surprised if they were DOA.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

Much like Robinson's All New Invaders. Robinson is writing as if he's got 30 or 40 plus issues to play with his toys and multiple plot lines, when he doesn't. Like ANI, he's jumping around, hooking up to other books (and events), partly to help boost sales, and introducing plots with the assumption that he'll get to come back to his various plots. He won't get that chance. In fact, I suspect the alien conspiracy plotline from the previous issue is actually a dangling plotline from All New Invaders.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

A dull and boring issue. The first issue was divisive but interesting: are they villains, terrorists or Heroes ? Do they have morality issues after the destruction of Atlantis ? Are their actions for the better good, or like America with Irak, what they have done to Atlantis will only cause more mayhem and destabilize the world ? How long An "Authority-like" group can work in the marvel universe before the heroes of the world assemble to fight them ? This is the story that i'm interested to read. This issue is just à by-the-number comic book. Very disapointed by this direction, I expected a lot more from this book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    That's not true at all.

And since Namor death is a direct result of New Avengers / Secret Wars, and this happens in the first issue AFTER Secret Wars. The impact is the same ... unless you are a Black Panther fan.

Considering the reception to this book, I wouldn't count on having a fix too long. I wouldn't be surprised if they were DOA.
    Having read (and enjoyed) David Walker's Power Man and Iron Fist, I very much doubt that his take on Nighthawk will be DOA.

As for your comments on Namor's demise, I agree with you 100%.