Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post
    Maria Hill's a great character, and Marvel needs more characters like her.

Hank Pym is one of the most interesting characters, and needs more of a spotlight on him.

Secret Avengers Vol 2 was exactly what a spy book should have been, and was one of the best two Avengers books on the stands.
    I Agree with these points

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I like Movie/TV Coulson, and, no doubt, Clark Gregg acting is a huge part of this, but I don't think anybody's yet managed to capture de essence of the character in the comics. As for Nick Fury Jr, I'm sorry, but IMHO, he is miles behind his daddy as a good character.
    Are you reading Secret Avengers?

I try to not compare new versions of characters to the older ones. I rate Fury Jr on his own merits not his father's.

Maria Hill's a great character, and Marvel needs more characters like her.
    I love the movie version of her. But I can't stand the comics version. I recognize the need for the character. She is in a key position to be the bitch that makes everybodys life a living hell, and sometimes even to make the decision no one wants to make but is necesary (I've even seen some writers trying to give her a little bit more dimension, but, IMHO, basically she is there to be the character everybody loves to hate), but can't really say I like her (nor agree that Marvel NEEDS more characters like her). I actually would like to see real Fury back in charge of SHIELD and what kind of relationship they'd have. The loyal second in command that is not afraid to speak her mind? The backstabbing second in command, conflictedly spying on him for her supiriors? The second in command who wants her boss' job because she thinks she can do it better than him? So many options.

Hank Pym is one of the most interesting characters, and needs more of a spotlight on him.
    Yes, Hank is one of Marvel's best characters and oftimes the most poorly used.

Peace

It was the volume by Spencer, the one before the current series. The team was ran by Hill, with Fury Jr, Coulson, Black Widow, Mockingbird, Hawkeye, Quake, and Taskmaster.
    Thanks. I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffX View Post
    I loved Avengers A.I. I missed a couple of issues last year, but I picked up all of the others and I'm going to miss reading it.
    Same here!
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Hank Pym is not only one of the few Avengers characters I like, but he's also one of the best Marvel characters period.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    And I think Mighty Avengers is a great book... there's literally nothing bad I can say about it. But it doesn't capture that epic larger than life feel that the other Avenger books do, at least not after the first arc IMO.
    I think maybe that's good or bad depending on your perspective? I find some of the really epic and/or cosmic-type stories confusing or too plot-heavy. I'd rather read a "smaller" story with lots of character stuff going on vs a story with huge stakes and plot out the wazoo but most characters not doing much other than fighting people. Maybe that's a controversial opinion, lol.

It was the volume by Spencer, the one before the current series. The team was ran by Hill, with Fury Jr, Coulson, Black Widow, Mockingbird, Hawkeye, Quake, and Taskmaster.
    That was the one where they kept erasing people's memories, right? I found that really off-putting, just morally kind of offensive. Are they still doing that in the current series?

I like Miles Morales better than Peter Parker, and hope that Ultimate Peter stays dead.

Maria Hill is one of the more attractive women in Marvel.

Avengers Assemble was way more fun and approachable than the regular Avengers title.

Adding Wolverine and Spider-Man to the Avengers was a brilliant move.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I love the movie version of her. But I can't stand the comics version. I recognize the need for the character. She is in a key position to be the bitch that makes everybodys life a living hell, and sometimes even to make the decision no one wants to make but is necesary (I've even seen some writers trying to give her a little bit more dimension, but, IMHO, basically she is there to be the character everybody loves to hate), but can't really say I like her (nor agree that Marvel NEEDS more characters like her). I actually would like to see real Fury back in charge of SHIELD and what kind of relationship they'd have. The loyal second in command that is not afraid to speak her mind? The backstabbing second in command, conflictedly spying on him for her supiriors? The second in command who wants her boss' job because she thinks she can do it better than him? So many options.

Yes, Hank is one of Marvel's best characters and oftimes the most poorly used.

Peace
    Good to see you back in the forums Nomads, I often enjoy your insighful posts. And heres a pretty good example

BANNED

Wonder Man is a joke who will never gain traction because his name is Wonder Man so if Marvel ever tries to use him in major mainstream media. He will be viewed as a cheap Wonder Woman knockoff.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Wonder Man is a joke who will never gain traction because his name is Wonder Man so if Marvel ever tries to use him in major mainstream media. He will be viewed as a cheap Wonder Woman knockoff.
    Aw, man. Why'd you have to say something so mean? Simon's just the victim of some terrible character moves that have made him unappealing to writers. Wonder Man as he was
    originally (before DC threatened a lawsuit over the name), and the first couple of years after his resurrection was a cool character just coming into his own. Then they put him in
    that awful red jacket, and it started going downhill from there. Nobody's known what to do with him for most of the time since his creation, but somebody will come along and change
    that one day.

AngelGroveRadioPodcast powerpackers90's Avatar

I find Avengers #200 To be a beauitful love stor........ok i can't even type that with a straight face lol
    Angel Grove Radio
    The "ALL NEW" Spider-Man's Tangled Web-Show ON YOUTUBE!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    Aw, man. Why'd you have to say something so mean? Simon's just the victim of some terrible character moves that have made him unappealing to writers. Wonder Man as he was
    originally (before DC threatened a lawsuit over the name), and the first couple of years after his resurrection was a cool character just coming into his own. Then they put him in
    that awful red jacket, and it started going downhill from there. Nobody's known what to do with him for most of the time since his creation, but somebody will come along and change
    that one day.
    I forgot to mention how whipped Wanda has him. Its just sad. Being Cool and Being that Whipped do not go together.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    that one day.
    Thanks for the Breakdown of your fandom and views on Simon Pat Thomas and it gets me to a question I have had for Awhile:

Indeed Simon has been a Character I have been enjoying more and more. In your opinion, what would Marvel have to do to make Simon a much better character? Attitude changes, meaning, story, why he uses his powers, books he is on, the who view, what would have to be done In Your Opinion to make Simon the way you like him to be?

Good Taking to you again Bro.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 05-02-2014 at 09:29 PM.