Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

They can start with his name, making him less whipped would also help, and while I dont have a problem with pacifism I am not sure it really works for a Superhero Comic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Thanks for the Breakdown of your fandom and views on Simon Pat Thomas and it gets me to a question I have had for Awhile:

Indeed Simon has been a Character I have been enjoying more and more. In your opinion, what would Marvel have to do to make Simon a much better character? Attitude changes, meaning, story, why he uses his powers, books he is on, the who view, what would have to be done In Your Opinion to make Simon the way you like him to be?

Good Taking to you again Bro.
    I don't know what would have been a good direction to take him in after he got over his initial fear of dying again, but it shouldn't have been the polar opposite, when
    he was just an asshole with a huge ego, which is kind of what happened. After that phase, he was all over the place for years in how he was depicted (in Avengers, at
    least. He was a different guy in his solo.) and then he was killed again. At one stage Simon had accepted Wanda and Vision as a couple and grew very close with both
    of them, considering Vision to be his brother. Then when Vision gets de-humanized, Simon all of a sudden won't allow use of his brain patterns to restore his close
    friends personality because he has decided now he wants Wanda for himself? Making him look even worse, after Wanda brings him back, he goes right back into pursuit
    of his former best friend's ex-wife, even though he knows they are still in love. So that's who people think of when they think of Wonder Man now. That's so far removed
    from the unsure character trying to adjust to his new life after his resurrection, and beating his fear of death right as Korvac killed him again. I'll always hate the jacket,too.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    I don't know what would have been a good direction to take him in after he got over his initial fear of dying again, but it shouldn't have been the polar opposite, when
    he was just an asshole with a huge ego, which is kind of what happened. After that phase, he was all over the place for years in how he was depicted (in Avengers, at
    least. He was a different guy in his solo.) and then he was killed again. At one stage Simon had accepted Wanda and Vision as a couple and grew very close with both
    of them, considering Vision to be his brother. Then when Vision gets de-humanized, Simon all of a sudden won't allow use of his brain patterns to restore his close
    friends personality because he has decided now he wants Wanda for himself? Making him look even worse, after Wanda brings him back, he goes right back into pursuit
    of his former best friend's ex-wife, even though he knows they are still in love. So that's who people think of when they think of Wonder Man now. That's so far removed
    from the unsure character trying to adjust to his new life after his resurrection, and beating his fear of death right as Korvac killed him again. I'll always hate the jacket,too.
    Thanks for your opinion on what was done wrong with Simon, helps me to understand better and allot of what you said goes with my views as well.

Indeed gives me help in understanding Simon's written character better.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    They can start with his name, making him less whipped would also help, and while I dont have a problem with pacifism I am not sure it really works for a Superhero Comic.
    Truthfully, I think pacifism is particularly important to show in superhero comics. It's a genre where the answer is almost always "punch someone," and that's probably not something we should encourage. I think there's definitely a need to show a character who thinks "punch people" is a bad way of going about things.

Not necessarily an exclusive Avengers development, but I HATE the fact that Odin is just chilling in Asgardian space by himself while Asgard is hovering in Oklahoma. I hope this "Last Days of Midgard" arc forces the All-Mothers (ugh) to move it back to Asgardian space. Thor hangs out WAY too much on Earth. I like my cosmic characters to traverse the cosmos more often. It should be more of an event when Thor appears in an Avengers comic. Asgardians residing on Earth has resulted in some of their mystique disappearing over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post

Mighty Avengers is the best Avengers book comming out now.

Peace
    This is controversial?
    It's like saying 'water is wet'

Quote Originally Posted by JeffX View Post
    I loved Avengers A.I. I missed a couple of issues last year, but I picked up all of the others and I'm going to miss reading it.
    This was a really unique, eccentric, truly original book.
    It drew from classic superhero motifs, cyberpunk and pop culture, and combined it in a way that was fresh and original.
    It's the reason I'm going to give Humphries the benefit of the doubt on the Star Lord solo book.

My controversial opinion: Uncanny Avengers is a great idea for a book, and the negative reaction from X-fans to the idea has made me sad.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Nick Fury Jr and Coulson are good characters

Hickman's Avengers books are the best Avengers books.
    I find I rather like them when writers remember that Fury Jr. is like 40 years younger than Sam Jackson, and neither Ultimate Fury nor original Fury. Remender does it, Secret Avengers... I do think it's kind of dumb that a grown-ass man would change his name because he finds out he had an absentee father, but hey, whatchya gonna do, that ship has sailed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lt Trouble View Post
    Maria Hill is one of the more attractive women in Marvel.
    Well sure: she's Colbie Smaulders.

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    Good to see you back in the forums Nomads, I often enjoy your insighful posts. And heres a pretty good example
    Thank you, Havok1977. Nice to hear from you also.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Wonder Man is a joke who will never gain traction because his name is Wonder Man so if Marvel ever tries to use him in major mainstream media. He will be viewed as a cheap Wonder Woman knockoff.
    Didn't seem to be an issue when he had his own series back in the 90's.
    I, for one, always liked the Hollywood angle with Simon. At least as it was shown in the first few issues of the series (than it became to angsty for my tastes). The last sane man in an insane town. The Second Chances Foundation was also a good hook.
    What makes Simon stand out for me. He is the regular joe with the power to go up against gods. Simon is not your typical square-jawed hero, but he is still a regular all-around nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    This is controversial?
    It's like saying 'water is wet'
    Lol.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by dum_dum View Post
    Uncanny Avengers is obliviously offensive.

Hickman only cares about plots, none at all about the characters he is writing.
    I agree with both of these.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    My controversial opinion: Uncanny Avengers is a great idea for a book, and the negative reaction from X-fans to the idea has made me sad.
    I liked the idea - a joint team of Avengers and X-Men, a PR team trying to promote tolerance for mutants. It's the execution I have a problem with, because it's utterly ignored the whole "PR team trying to promote tolerance for mutants."

Quote Originally Posted by dum_dum View Post
    Uncanny Avengers is obliviously offensive.

Hickman only cares about plots, none at all about the characters he is writing.

Dark Avengers was the last entertaining Avengers book.
    Hmm, no.
    There aren't mutants in our world who might getting offended other this to begin with.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

As far as controversial goes I can say I've found Bendis' Avengers the more interesting take on them I've read.

Currently I am not sure if I consider New or Secret the best Avengers book published.

Mighty Avengers is good too and I think Greg Land is doing very good work on it and nailed visually the book concept.

Hickmans concepts are interesting and fascinating but the various events are diluting the story too much and risk to ruin it all.

Uncanny Avengers should have stayed Uncanny X-Force and Remender should've been able to tell his stories how he intended them to be, they changed everything and after a year they have an Avengers title that sells only marginally better than an X-Force book, not a win in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by brainwasher View Post
    As far as controversial goes I can say I've found Bendis' Avengers the more interesting take on them I've read.
    You definitly need to read more.

Peace