Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    I see there are still some people who care about continuity after DC said it doesn't matter anymore
    Yeah, especially continuity that will end in little over four months from now. If it had strictly adhered to continuity, the complaints would have been "I cannot begin to care for this as all of this will mean moot soon". Now DC is giving a story that plays fast and loose with continuity rules to have some fun and be enjoyable by its self (exactly the stuff DC had said they'd be putting out), but folks gotta complete their complain quota.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Yeah, especially continuity that will end in little over four months from now. If it had strictly adhered to continuity, the complaints would have been "I cannot begin to care for this as all of this will mean moot soon". Now DC is giving a story that plays fast and loose with continuity rules to have some fun and be enjoyable by its self (exactly the stuff DC had said they'd be putting out), but folks gotta complete their complain quota.
    Wow, you're in a mood. I said in advance that I liked the issue, and made several positive comments about it. But I raised the question of whether Poison Ivy is a well-known villain (to the police and the public) or not. Personally, I think that's central enough to a character like this to survive even "looser continuity." But that's just me.

If that's enough to get you to rant like that, well, I hope you enjoy doing so.

And please don't predict what "complaints" I would be making under different circumstances (like if the comic had handled this question). You don't know me; and you're wrong.
    Last edited by Doctor Bifrost; 02-19-2016 at 01:03 AM.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    They're doing pretty much the same thing with Harley Quinn, although I guess her book is even looser in it's approach to continuity and consequence. She's doing the whole Clark Kent-thing with her "Harleen Quinzell, practising psychologist" persona, which surely wouldn't be possible considering her time in Arkham Asylum (at least I think I've seen here as an inmate there post Flashpoint) and Belle Reve?
    I think reason why it "works" in Harley is because its pretty much crazy stuff. Nothing in it really makes sense and thats part of its charm. I don't feel like this mini is going for same approach and thats why its a bit more jarring.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    Wow, you're in a mood. I said in advance that I liked the issue, and made several positive comments about it. But I raised the question of whether Poison Ivy is a well-known villain (to the police and the public) or not. Personally, I think that's central enough to a character like this to survive even "looser continuity." But that's just me.

If that's enough to get you to rant like that, well, I hope you enjoy doing so.

And please don't predict what "complaints" I would be making under different circumstances (like if the comic had handled this question). You don't know me; and you're wrong.
    Lol I was just replying to Nite-Wing about the complaints made about the continuity. It doesn't just pertain to this thread. And you aren't even the only person in this thread who brought up the continuity. Was I generalizing a bit? Yes. But it doesn't warrant such a charged comeback that is longer than my "rant".

Always Rakzo

Continuity is honestly the least of my concerns with this series.

Sure, the characterization is solid and like the exploration of Ivy's career but aside from that, the story is not engaging at all and the mystery barely progresses.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    I see there are still some people who care about continuity after DC said it doesn't matter anymore
    EDITED for simplicity:

What are you doing here other than trolling people who are discussing a question that you - in your infinite wisdom - have decided they shouldn't discuss?

I have no problem with people who don't find it an interesting question. Why do you have such a problem with people who do?

If there's something else in the book you want to talk about, go ahead.
    Last edited by Doctor Bifrost; 02-19-2016 at 11:32 PM.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Continuity is honestly the least of my concerns with this series.

Sure, the characterization is solid and like the exploration of Ivy's career but aside from that, the story is not engaging at all and the mystery barely progresses.
    I think now that the sporelings are born, the story will become more dynamic (though I have enjoyed these two issues as well). As for the mystery progression, it's just "Chapter 2" of six total chapters and we already have two murders (not counting Ivy's own doings).

It's too early to say whether the mystery itself is very conventional in its formula or not, but it's novel that we are seeing it unfold through the eyes of a character who can be a remorseless killer herself. Love the morality dynamics at play here. Ivy's morals are way more flexible than Catwoman or even Harley, in either direction depending on the context, so it makes for an interesting juxtaposition of extreme situations (eg. Ivy, the nurturing mother vs. Ivy, the cold-blooded murderess/the diligent worker vs. the troublemaker/the loyal friend vs. the friend who icily belittles and blows you off).