Default Team Warner DCEU actors vs Team Disney MCU actors

The rival stables are filling up. Which side would ultimately come out on top?

Ground rules:

- Think more about the real-life actors and less the roles they play
    - Single combat, no weapons or gadgets, in an octagon, two actors enter, one leaves under their own power (fight till knockout or submission)
    - We're only counting the actors from the shared live-action movies of Warner (starting with MAN OF STEEL) and Disney (starting with IRON MAN).
    - No television (sorry Stephen Amell and Grant Gustin and Krysten Ritter)
    - No Fox movies (sorry Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman)
    - No stuff that pre-dates the DCEU or MCU (sorry Eric Bana and Tobey Maguire and Brandon Routh and Christian Bale)
    - Teams have to be even, which is tough because there are literally a dozen (12) MCU movies already out to choose from for Team Disney, and technically still only 1 DCEU movie out, though we are counting the actors in BVSOJ, SS, and the confirmed actors in movies not yet officially named for Team Warner
    -
    - Avoid the likely curb-stomps: pit a David against another David and a Goliath against another Goliath

On Team Warner/DC:

Henry Cavill (Superman)
    Ben Affleck (Batman)
    Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman)
    Jason Momoa (Aquaman)
    Ezra Miller (the Flash)
    Ray Fisher (Cyborg)
    Dwayne Johnson (Black Adam)
    Jesse Eisenberg (Lex Luthor)
    Jared Leto (the Joker)
    Will Smith (Deadshot)
    Chris Pine (Steve Trevor)

On Team Disney/Marvel:

Chris Evans (Captain America)
    Robert Downey Jr (Iron Man)
    Chris Hemsworth (Thor)
    Mark Ruffalo (Hulk)
    Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow)
    Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye)
    Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury)
    Chadwick Boseman (Black Panther)
    Tom Hiddleston (Loki)
    Tom Holland (Spider-Man)
    Chris Pratt (Starlord)
    Dave Batista (Drax)
    Paul Rudd (Ant-Man)

That's just for starters.

Team Disney has way more actors to pick from that, and Team Warner will obviously pick up a lot more down the road.

So, let's begin.

Match #1

Henry Cavill vs. Chris Evans

The colorful muscle-bound boy scout quarterbacks from each squad.

Henry is listed at 6'1" and 32 years old, while Chris is listed at 6'0" and 34 years old. Basically the same in height and age.

This one would be close, I think. Captain America is every bit as physically demanding a role as Superman is for an actor. I haven't seen either of their non-superhero roles very much. I'm thinking Cavill is stronger and more durable, but Evans is a better fighter. If they met in the octagon, I think ... honestly I don't know. Coin-flip. Screw it, I'ma say Henry Cavill wins, just by a hair. What do you think?

If you like, make up your own Disney Marvel actor vs Warner DC actor fight and try to follow the ground rules.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    The rival stables are filling up. Which side would ultimately come out on top?

Ground rules:

- Think more about the real-life actors and less the roles they play
    - Single combat, no weapons or gadgets, in an octagon, two actors enter, one leaves under their own power (fight till knockout or submission)
    - We're only counting the actors from the shared live-action movies of Warner (starting with MAN OF STEEL) and Disney (starting with IRON MAN).
    - No television (sorry Stephen Amell and Grant Gustin and Krysten Ritter)
    - No Fox movies (sorry Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman)
    - No stuff that pre-dates the DCEU or MCU (sorry Eric Bana and Tobey Maguire and Brandon Routh and Christian Bale)
    - Teams have to be even, which is tough because there are literally a dozen (12) MCU movies already out to choose from for Team Disney, and technically still only 1 DCEU movie out, though we are counting the actors in BVSOJ, SS, and the confirmed actors in movies not yet officially named for Team Warner
    -
    - Avoid the likely curb-stomps: pit a David against another David and a Goliath against another Goliath

On Team Warner/DC:

Henry Cavill (Superman)
    Ben Affleck (Batman)
    Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman)
    Jason Momoa (Aquaman)
    Ezra Miller (the Flash)
    Ray Fisher (Cyborg)
    Dwayne Johnson (Black Adam)
    Jesse Eisenberg (Lex Luthor)
    Jared Leto (the Joker)
    Will Smith (Deadshot)
    Chris Pine (Steve Trevor)

On Team Disney/Marvel:

Chris Evans (Captain America)
    Robert Downey Jr (Iron Man)
    Chris Hemsworth (Thor)
    Mark Ruffalo (Hulk)
    Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow)
    Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye)
    Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury)
    Chadwick Boseman (Black Panther)
    Tom Hiddleston (Loki)
    Tom Holland (Spider-Man)
    Chris Pratt (Starlord)
    Dave Batista (Drax)
    Paul Rudd (Ant-Man)

That's just for starters.

Team Disney has way more actors to pick from that, and Team Warner will obviously pick up a lot more down the road.

So, let's begin.

Match #1

Henry Cavill vs. Chris Evans

The colorful muscle-bound boy scout quarterbacks from each squad.

Henry is listed at 6'1" and 32 years old, while Chris is listed at 6'0" and 34 years old. Basically the same in height and age.

This one would be close, I think. Captain America is every bit as physically demanding a role as Superman is for an actor. I haven't seen either of their non-superhero roles very much. I'm thinking Cavill is stronger and more durable, but Evans is a better fighter. If they met in the octagon, I think ... honestly I don't know. Coin-flip. Screw it, I'ma say Henry Cavill wins, just by a hair. What do you think?

If you like, make up your own Disney Marvel actor vs Warner DC actor fight and try to follow the ground rules.
    Given that neither have any feats, and seem relatively identical in stats, its impossible to give an answer

Yeah considering the rumble is about real life people fighting. We only go by what the competition has done. Both sides have actors. People who do not go outbid their way to beat people to a bloody pulp. Since no feats, no discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Yeah considering the rumble is about real life people fighting. We only go by what the competition has done. Both sides have actors. People who do not go outbid their way to beat people to a bloody pulp. Since no feats, no discussion.
    Yes. About all we could do is look up how much each one weighs. Since most of these people are in top condition for their roles, unless there is some information about self-defense training, the default would have to be whoever weighs more, ie. is bigger, wins. When you've got two guys like Cavill and Evans, who may well be within 5 pounds of the same weight, there is just no evidence on which to base an opinion.
    Power with Girl is better.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I guess we could go with Dwayne Johnson against Mark Ruffalo. Pretty clear victor there (Johnson, before anyone makes a smart comment... :).
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Also, Gal Gadot should win against ScarJo. The former did her military service due to being Israeli, and prepared herself physically to play Wonder Woman.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    Also, Gal Gadot should win against ScarJo. The former did her military service due to being Israeli, and prepared herself physically to play Wonder Woman.
    On top of that, Johannson is 5'3" and 125 lbs or so. Gadot, while lighter (edit: depending on where you get your info, she's also listed at about the same weight), has about six inches on her.

...why couldn't they find a TALLER actress for Wonder Woman? *sighs*
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 02-18-2016 at 12:12 PM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    Except that, according to various special features, Johannson trained intensely with her stunt-woman and other trainers- working out and practicing- to do as much of the stuff herself as she possibly could. So, even there, the best you can fall back on is who is bigger.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Except that, according to various special features, Johannson trained intensely with her stunt-woman and other trainers- working out and practicing- to do as much of the stuff herself as she possibly could. So, even there, the best you can fall back on is who is bigger.
    Which is Gal, as confirmed by Sharp. Also, some research reveals that she wasn't just a soldier, she became a combat instructor, or at least trained to become one. Yup, I definitely know who I am backing on that one (well, I already did, that just confirms what I thought).

While we're at it, do wrestling fans have an opinion on a non-kayfabe fight between The Rock and Batista?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I guess we could go with Dwayne Johnson against Mark Ruffalo. Pretty clear victor there (Johnson, before anyone makes a smart comment... .
    Why wouldn't we put Rock against Batista? WWE World Champ vs WWE World Champ.

In which case my money would actually be on Dave Bautista, who's genuinely trained for MMA as well as wrestling.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Why wouldn't we put Rock against Batista? WWE World Champ vs WWE World Champ.
    Great minds think alike, it seems.

In which case my money would actually be on Dave Bautista, who's genuinely trained for MMA as well as wrestling.
    Mmm... Quick research shows that Bautista and Johnson have similar enough stats, so, yup, I guess I would lean towards him knowing that piece of info.