All-New Member

Default New and need some recommendations

Hello I don't really read comic books/graphic novels but I want to change that, I want to start reading up about Harley Quinn's story and want to read about the back story of her character and current events going on about her so I wanted to know if anyone had any recommendations of some comics/graphic novels that I could start out with. I also want to do the same with Raven from the Teen Titans.

Thank you in advance.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Radizh View Post
    Hello I don't really read comic books/graphic novels but I want to change that, I want to start reading up about Harley Quinn's story and want to read about the back story of her character and current events going on about her so I wanted to know if anyone had any recommendations of some comics/graphic novels that I could start out with. I also want to do the same with Raven from the Teen Titans.

Thank you in advance.
    There are better posters than I who could answer questions about those specific characters. But as to comics in general, I started this thread to answer that very question. Take a look and see if anything catches your interest.

http://community.comicbookresources....29#post1798929

I'd start any character with their classics. This is Harley's original graphic novel written by Paul Dini, who originally created her for the show.

Last edited by Lightning Rider; 02-17-2016 at 11:49 PM.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

For Harley, check out:

Batman: Mad Love and Other Stories by Paul Dini
    Batman: Harley Quinn by Paul Dini
    Harley Quinn's New 52 solo title by Jimmy Palmiotti
    New 52 Suicide Squad by Adam Glass
    Gotham City Sirens by Paul Dini

For Raven, there isn't much variety to the material.

I can only recommend Wolfman and Perez's New Teen Titans run. They've been releasing new TPB for them, and they're also omnibus collecting their work.

Raven has no solo titles, and in the vol 3 (2003-2011) and vol 4 (2011-Present) era of Teen Titans, she's just a background character. She's there to round out the edges of the team, while the major story arcs focus on the Young Justice 4 (Tim, Bart, Conner and Cassie).
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 02-18-2016 at 12:14 AM.

Fantastic Member

if you want to start at the beginning for harley you want to start with batman the animated series thats where harly came from mad love is her origin story

All-New Member

Thank you all for the recommendations and info, I've been able to find those book recommendations on my book site. I think I'm going to watch the animated series so I can get some background on Harley then I'll read those books. Thanks again for the quick replies.

Thank you all for the recommendations and info, I've been able to find those book recommendations on my book site. I think I'm going to watch the animated series so I can get some background on Harley then I'll read those books. Thanks again for the quick replies.
    Nice, let us know what you think. I love the episode "Mad Love", which includes her origin.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

You're welcome, mate.

It's what we're here for.

I'm curious, where does your interest stem from if not from the Animated Series or comic books?

I think the increasingly high profile of HQ and the Joker in public consciousness has attracted a lot of readers/fans. Just wondering

All-New Member

I watched the animated series a bit when I was a kid but don't remember it much so I'm starting to re watch it now and I also watched all the older batman movies when I was a kid as well. So it's probably because all the Batman type stuff was a part of my childhood but umm I don't know what it is exactly about Harley I just like..it's just her character I guess haha. The same kind of thing goes for Raven, I watched the Teen Titans cartoon when I was younger and always thought that Raven was cool.

I watched the animated series a bit when I was a kid but don't remember it much so I'm starting to re watch it now and I also watched all the older batman movies when I was a kid as well. So it's probably because all the Batman type stuff was a part of my childhood but umm I don't know what it is exactly about Harley I just like..it's just her character I guess haha. The same kind of thing goes for Raven, I watched the Teen Titans cartoon when I was younger and always thought that Raven was cool.
    Cool. Well, welcome and enjoy the ride.