Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Is anyone else still a Peter David fan?

I recently had the chance to talk to PAD, and it was really a dream come true - the man has written so many books that influenced my current taste in comics. Also, he's just a wonderful storyteller (the "Moon K-nig-it" story was AMAZING). I only wish he had more time to really delve through his works.

Are there still folks around that really love PAD and his catalog? I feel like he's up there with the Busieks, Waids, and Giffens.

Incredible Member

Yes, I still make it a point of following any comics he puts out. He is still one of my favorite writers in Marvel and I regret that his last run of X-Factor got cut short after 20 issues.

Read a lot of his stuff. All the Hulk, Supergirl, Young Justice, and Fallen Angel runs. And most of his X-Factor.

I actually like his work more than the three other writers you mentioned...he is up with John Ostrander for me as best mainstream super hero writer with a really large body of work.

BANNED

I still iike him but less than before, don't think he got worst but I feel he does better when he can write a title for a long time, something that's becoming quite impossibile with mainstream super heroes. Maybe he should put out an Image book like Busiek is doing, those books make as much money for the creators than a Marvel book just reaching 12.000 sales and with the right artist I think he could do even better than that.

Yea I love his Spider-Man 2099 (one of the books I really look forward to each month) and loved his writing with X-Factor. Wish that they'd let him write a main X-Men book because he really knows how to write the family element that's been sorely missing from the X-books.

BANNED

Yes. He's one of the best. When he's on, nobody is more entertaining.

I've always enjoyed his writing... right down to his Star Trek novelizations that I read as a little kid.

I still do.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Yea I love his Spider-Man 2099 (one of the books I really look forward to each month) and loved his writing with X-Factor. Wish that they'd let him write a main X-Men book because he really knows how to write the family element that's been sorely missing from the X-books.
    It seems like such a no brainer to put him on a main X-title book. He took C and D list characters and made them amazing in X-factor so just imagine what he could do with the A listers. He could actually give the x-charters back some personality instead of them all just being cardboard cutouts with hating Scott Summers being pretty much their only personality trait anymore.

I loved his Young Justice, X-Factor, Aquaman, Hulk, Captain Marvel, his Spider-Man work, and even Spyboy.

I really enjoy Spider-Man 2099, but as far as I'm concerned, his magnum opus is the New Frontier series of Trek novels. (or at least those up to Stone and Anvil) Really, REALLY great series of books with excellent characters in. Mackenzie Calhoun is my absolute favourite captain in Star Trek.
    I surrender to the Contest

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Huge PAD fan here. I love 90% of his work. Hulk, Fallen Angel, CM, X-Factor, Aquaman, etc, etc.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    It seems like such a no brainer to put him on a main X-title book.
    Not so sure he wants on a main X-Book. I think he enjoys being off to the sidelines.

Anyway, I wasn't much of a fan of his last X-Factor series. I don't really like all of that corporate stuff in his recent stories.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Anyway, I wasn't much of a fan of his last X-Factor series. I don't really like all of that corporate stuff in his recent stories.
    Even when his plot points are not the best his character interaction makes up for it. The issue in the last X-Factor series where Polaris goes out drinking with the Scarlet Witch is probably the best character moment Wanda has had in a decade. No one writes a better Quicksilver than Peter David either.

He's a Mets fan and he goes to my comic shop... So I'm a fan of his lol.

In all seriousness, I wish he had more time on his last X-Factor run. I thought he wrote a great Gambit, he just wasn't able to do much with him.. or the rest of the team.

Astonishing Member

Huge fan of PAD as well. My favorite works of his is the Incredible Hulk. Wish he stayed on it forever. I think he deserves more credit than he gets for being a great writer.

I loved All New X-Factor. PAD writes the best Quicksilver, hands down.

I'd love for him to replace Lemire on Extraordinary or tackle an Alpha Flight book.