Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

PADs X-factor was a comics that pull me in comics in general. His team interactions and characterisation is best. Yes his story is not that much deep and sometimes his plots are simply bad but he is still my favorite writer.

I feel like such a dunce for not even asking about him doing an Image book OR an X-book; Like you guys said, his family/team dynamics are some of the most entertainning and heart-felt that Marvel has put out to date.

I had a chance to meet him a few years ago here in Peru, it was amazing. He was such a nice guy.

I loveeee his X-Factor runs, particularly the X-Factor Investigations one. He is such a good writer. Too bad he doesn't get much work from Marvel.

I always get the impression he isn't that well liked there. At least I think Brevoort doesn't like him. The few times he's been mentioned in his tumblr/formspring give me that impression.

I really enjoyed his All-New X-Factor, was a really nice book to read and was one of the few X-Books I genuinely looked forward to every month. Shame it ended after 20 issues, but then again, these days 20 issues is a show of quite a popular book...
    Cohost of the Attilan Rising Podcast available now: Attilan Rising Website | iTunes | Google Play

Monthly Pull List: I don't update this nearly enough

Astonishing Member

I am also a huge PAD fan. I first encountered his work in Star Trek novels, and the episodes (and later novels) of BABYLON 5 that he did, before discovering his comic book work. His run on CAPTAIN MARVEL remains a favourite of mine, and I am enjoying his current run on SPIDER-MAN 2099.

He's an awesome characters/team dynamic writer... but he could use some help compressing his plot...
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

BANNED

I have his novelization of Joss Whedon's X-Men story "Gifted." It expands on it in a lot of cool ways.

In Pad, we trust.

In 2099, to the mutant investigations, from the Justice of Young, to the Big Green, and many others that have come and gone. We give thanks to this man.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

His legendary run on the Hulk is second to none. I mean only together with Bill Mantlo, Stan Lee, Jack Kirby and Greg Pak do you have the iconic Hulk writers.

He had an excellent run with Spider-man and truly played with his world well. Even Spider-man 2099 is a treat as PAD reminds us of what makes Miguel so unique to the mythos of Spider-man.

In X-factor he balance the action and the humor. I mean even when it was getting dark there were small bits of humor into the stories.

So yes I am still a strong fan of Peter David.

Yes, I am a big fan of his. I will normally always check out a book he is writing if the characters I like. Supergirl, Spider-Man, Young Justice and of course Hulk. I did not like his She-Hulk run. Never read his X-Factor, don't usually read the X-Books.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    Yes, I am a big fan of his. I will normally always check out a book he is writing if the characters I like. Supergirl, Spider-Man, Young Justice and of course Hulk. I did not like his She-Hulk run. Never read his X-Factor, don't usually read the X-Books.
    You are missing out on Madrox, are you?
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

I'm a massive PAD fan. Especially when he's writing Miguel. Spidey 2099 is one of my favorite characters and it's comforting to know he's been consistently well written by David. But honestly I find myself gravitating towards his work regardless of the character, since he's a writer who's long spoken to my interests while also delivering a solid story that true to the characters.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

BANNED

I'm a fan!

I love Spiderman 2099.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    His first small stint on X-Factor lasted from issues 71-90. Between issues 70 & 71 where he took over, he replaced every member with X-characters that had been languishing for years. The biggest "star" was
    probably Havok or Polaris, with a bunch of nobodies. But damn if he didn't bring out something in every one of them, and it all came together fast. But he only stayed for those 18 issues and left when the book
    was about perfect. I don't know why, because I wasn't collecting at the time. I just know how much I enjoyed those books when I read them for the first time a few years ago. I get that you don't read X-Books, but
    you ought to check those out. They have nothing in common with the "regular" x-line of books. Read his Captain Marvel, too.

BANNED

I recently binge read the entirety of his X-Factor run and loved it. He is absolutely one of the best at characterization. I could read a whole comic of just two of his characters chatting because it would be so entertaining.

My only pet peeve is his tendency to interlink his books so much. When finishing up his most recent run on X-Factor I was utterly baffled til I googled things because I've never read Spiderman 2099 and I still don't know what the old Hulk panels were about (From google I know its got something to do with a storyline called Future Imperfect from Hulk but I haven't read it and don't know how it connects).

Really though his crowning achievement is taking a throw away Deus Ex Machina character in Layla Miller who probably never would have been seen again after House of M and making her compelling.