Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'd rather they didn't. They already attempted the Phoenix once and botched it. There are plenty of other famous X-men stories they can adapt.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    I'd rather they didn't. They already attempted the Phoenix once and botched it. There are plenty of other famous X-men stories they can adapt.
    yeah which is why i can see they want to do it the right way. dark phonix saga is probably one of the greatest comic stories ever told

Quote Originally Posted by VilotorioFabiano View Post

Becareful, you'll be accused of not being an XMEN fan if you don't do the story 100% the way it happens in the books.
    I don't mind what anyone thinks. I came to terms with the fact that superhero movies are not made for comic book readers a long time ago. It makes it so much easier to enjoy both the films and the comics equally for what they are rather than picking one apart.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

I was just about to bring that up. They already did the Phoenix foolishness in x2-x3, why revisit it with a different approach so soon? I'd much rather they did something a little more dynamic like the Phalanx Covenant or a version of Zero Tolerance maybe. But they did already do something with Sentinels in DoFP, though since Apocalypse is in-between, it might not be so bad. We haven't seen a movie where humans start actively opposing mutants even somewhat on equal footing. All this time, we have seen the brutality of the Purifiers or the pure hatred of the FoH. I think something like a horde of Prime Sentinels would be awesome to see on screen. Not to mention the utter oddity that is the Phalanx.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

I think we definetely shouldn't mix "Phoenix saga" with "Dark Phoenix saga". Jean should be Phoenix for one complete movie as a normal X-Men before going evil and everything.

Amazing Member

I don't want to see this until Singer is gone. I've enjoyed his films and everything but if they tackle this again I personally want it to have the huge, larger than life, out of this world feel from the comics and he's too focused on keeping things gritty and grounded to allow it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think we definetely shouldn't mix "Phoenix saga" with "Dark Phoenix saga". Jean should be Phoenix for one complete movie as a normal X-Men before going evil and everything.
    No, anything but that... I'l admit that Marvel dropped the ball into a vat of liquid hydrogen but the only reason I proposed the adaptations of What if? #32-33 -- is because those two books alone could serve as a trilogy all by themselves -- Jean's rebirth, the birth of Rachel, and her departure in the end without the need to kill her off is some dicriculious fashion.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 02-18-2016 at 06:15 PM.

Let's see if they can establish Jean Grey first.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Phalanx Covenant would be fun. That's just about the only good thing to come out of the 90s post Claremont.

Incredible Member

I don't think they have to go back there, but if they do, just one movie is enough I think.

Movie 1: Cable's arrival complicates Scott and Jean's relationship, which began in X-Men Apocalypse. Sinister as the villain. End the movie with Scott proposing to Jean.

Movie 2: Begin with Scott and Jean's wedding. Jean becoming the Phoenix is the inciting incident. It starts fine but gets progressively worse, and she sacrifices herself in the end, which changes something in Scott.

Movie 3: X-Men divided, taking cues from Schism, AvX, etc. Storm on one side, Cyclops on the other.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

1st movie have steal Starjammers steal the Phoenix Force stored in the M'kraan crystal .Cosiar gives us our Human fill in for Space understanding
    The Shiar treat it as a captured force nature (if we can use the Watcher threw Fox movie rights please let him do bit of fill in narration.)it gets out on the blue arena and Flies into Jean.

Next movie do Hellfire Club

Final movie Dark Phoenix back to Shiar home world.

I hould give the films more of a Jinn out of a bottle story more than Jean is a mutant god or personality disorder.
    Last edited by Darth Phoenix; 02-19-2016 at 01:15 AM.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Phalanx Covenant would be fun. That's just about the only good thing to come out of the 90s post Claremont.
    Fox should honestly make a three part adaptation of the Clone Wars game, with the Phalanx, Brood, and of course, the clones themselves. Preferably with as much body horror as possible.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."