Incredible Member

Default What Do You Think Of This Fan Art Dating Game With Superman & His Various Love Intrest?

What Do You Think Of This Fan Art Dating Game With Superman & His Various Love Intrest?

I really liked this fan cartoon. Because it really speaks the truth in this area! Anytime I see it. It gets a lot of comments on it. Both good AND bad!

So what do you think of it?

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Humorous, but over generalizes things too much. Lana and WW have their faults too.

BANNED

everything that is wrong with perception of women by fandom

I don't see nothing funny on it. How dare women to demand thing from their partners

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Humorous, but over generalizes things too much. Lana and WW have their faults too.
    As far as I can see, it does put flaws on two of them. The fact that WW sees Clark as a God is a flaw, as is her wearing a stripper outfit on a regular basis. The one I see heavily downplayed in that one is Lana Lang, and yeah, Lana Lang has her own bad side, or at least has complicated matters given the divorce business in Pre-Flashpoint, and I say that even as someone who was flattered by Annette O' Toole in Superman 3. In short, this appears to me to be from someone in favor of Lana Lang. Just my perspective.
    Last edited by DieHard200904; 02-20-2016 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    What Do You Think Of This Fan Art Dating Game With Superman & His Various Love Intrest?

I really liked this fan cartoon. Because it really speaks the truth in this area! Anytime I see it. It gets a lot of comments on it. Both good AND bad!

Gee, this isn't biased toward Lana at all./sarcasm. Reminds me too much of Chuck Austen's run.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    As far as I can see, it does put flaws on two of them. The fact that WW sees Clark as a God is a flaw, as is her wearing a stripper outfit on a regular basis. The one I see heavily downplayed in that one is Lana Lang, and yeah, Lana Lang has her own bad side, or at least has complicated matters given the divorce business in Pre-Flashpoint, and I say that even as someone who was flattered by Annette O' Toole in Superman 3. In short, this appears to me to be from someone in favor of Lana Lang. Just my perspective.
    The tone of that sentence in the image doesn't present them as flaws. It seems like Diana's choice of clothing and the fact that she literally worships Clark as a god are meant to be positive qualities.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 02-20-2016 at 11:55 AM.

I'd rather not pit these women against each other for a man using broad generalizations in the service of a cartoon done from a male point of view. So...

Last edited by misslane; 02-20-2016 at 11:46 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The tone of that sentence in the image doesn't present them as flaws. It seems like Diana's choice of clothing and the fact that she literally worships are meant to be positive qualities.
    clearly the person doesn't know wonder woman

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Gee, this isn't biased toward Lana at all./sarcasm. Reminds me too much of Chuck Austen's run.

The tone of that sentence in the image doesn't present them as flaws. It seems like Diana's choice of clothing and the fact that she literally worships Clark as a god are meant to be positive qualities.
    IDK, we can agree to disagree on that, she's clearly presented as a fangirl in adoring him as a God, which is something Superman does not want to be seen as, in fact he prefers to be called Clark Kent, his human name. Also, as fangirl status, doesn't present itself as inherently a good, mature, relationship prospect. I took the whole thing as pretty biased towards Lana Lang though, just my perspective.
    Last edited by DieHard200904; 02-20-2016 at 12:43 PM.

Astonishing Member

Is this a bait thread?
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post

Is it your drawing? If so maybe it can go to the creativity forum. Otherwise it's a hard one to defend.