Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    I can't find these anywhere, on BC or on Twitter. I got no clue where Ina is coming from with this.
    From my twisted mind, of course.

I actually wrote up Superwoman before even knowing that a Superwoman book had been announced.

I even wanted to mess with people a little bit more by doing fake solicits for Superman and Action as well, involving Superman regaining lost memories and searching for the Kents.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I grew up on this version of the character, I know him quite well. Thanks for the snark though as always.
    And I have more recently read through the entire Post-Crisis era, so I have an even more current understanding of the entirety of the character's characterization. You are flat out wrong. There may have been times when Clark enjoyed being normal, but he ultimately enjoyed his powers. Busiek's "Up, Up, and Away" arc stands out in this regard. Even the "Convergence" Superman was depowered and was frustrated by his lack of abilities. It was New 52 Superman, you may recall, who overdosed on solar flare side effects because he luxuriated in the sensation of powerlessness so much.

ETA:

Two decades worth of knowledge of him. With all due respect I have a hell of a lot more knowledge of him than a relative newcomer to comics.
    Really? You are going to throw "Fake Geek Girl" crap at me?
    Last edited by misslane; 02-18-2016 at 05:03 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    Anyone know who Tony Kondos is? Any samples of his work?

I reeaaaaaaaaaaly don't want Finch writing this, and I don't want superpowered Lois. I want intrepid reporter Lois Lane. Is this an attempt to Spider-Gwen and Jane Foster "Thor" Lois? I don't like it. Sigh. Sorry for being a downer.
    No, no need to be sorry. clearly they tried to follow Marvel examples with Jane as thor, but without Jason Aaron and Jason latour.

never heard of tony kondos

BANNED

Well, I'm curious about the creative teams. But the line up of books sound great!

Quote Originally Posted by Ina heshima kwa Jumuia kama ka View Post

I actually wrote up Superwoman before even knowing that a Superwoman book had been announced.

I even wanted to mess with people a little bit more by doing fake solicits for Superman and Action as well, involving Superman regaining lost memories and searching for the Kents.
    LOL!

Anyway, an article from Bleeding Cool with the information.

This is not Kurt Busiek's version of the post-Crisis Superman. This is Jurgens' post-Crisis Superman. He'll be happy with this, and I look forward to seeing this version of Superman get to settle down. Also interesting will the the conundrum of the possibility of his son gaining abilities. If he lives. But I can't imagine them killing him off after the response to what they did to Kal-L. But then again they don't always learn from their mistakes.

Really? You are going to throw "Fake Geek Girl" crap at me?
    Never heard of that. I'm not into these goofy labels fandom comes up with. But hey if this finally gets you to ignore me, today is a happy day. Bye.
    Last edited by Kuwagaton; 02-18-2016 at 10:57 PM. Reason: move along
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Bleeding Cool actually believed my made up solicits. I like Bleeding Cool and find Rich reliable most of the time, but this is funny.

BANNED

what? bleeding cool published it http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02/...medium=twitter

This is not Kurt Busiek's version of the post-Crisis Superman. This is Jurgens' post-Crisis Superman. He'll be happy with this, and I look forward to seeing this version of Superman get to settle down. Also interesting will the the conundrum of the possibility of his son gaining abilities.
    The Post-Crisis Superman is not just Jurgens character. He's the guy writing the character now, but the character has a rich history. Even the Jurgens Superman was not a character who consistently resented his powers. It's just not an accurate generalization. Jurgens wrote the "Convergence" Superman who was depowered, and he still chose to protect his bottled city. He seems to genuinely enjoy being a superhero in secret on the New 52 Earth. Your assessment of the character is way off, in my opinion.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Bleeding Cool actually believed my made up solicits. I like Bleeding Cool and find Rich reliable most of the time, but this is funny.

so that's not true?

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I'm imagining Superdad is just going to lose all his powers and be normal. I don't think they'll kill him off. Its always a possibility I suppose, but I'm not seeing it as likely. Its actually kinda a positive for him as that version of Superman deep down wanted to be normal in the first place. He really had no joy of the gifts his Kryptonian heritage afforded him.

Sacred, you know I love ya,brother and I certainly hope you are right that they aren't going to kill off Prefp Supes...but I gotta disagree with you on the bolded. The version of Post-Crisis Superman that existed the last few years prior to FLASHPOINT? Perhaps. However, I never got that feeling from the character from 1986-2001-ish, I.E. most of his run. For the most part that guy DID enjoy his gifts and enjoyed being Superman. I ought to know since I've read the character for 20 plus years.

EDIT: Well....it seems the Superwoman solicit is fake....so I guess we will have to see what it really is about.

With the "bringing everything back" thing, I wonder if SUPERWOMAN is actually could be a title staring Linda Danvers/Matrix while SUPERGIRL still follows Kara? hmmmm

I kinda hope the Super Man Luthor Azzarello thing happens though....
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 02-18-2016 at 05:09 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    so that's not true?
    No, I was just joking. I didn't think people would believe any of it for more than a split second. I posted it before reading the list of titles DC had actually announced.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Wow. If you're telling the truth...well hell, way to go Bleeding Cool. And good job on those solicits, I bought it hook line and sinker.
    Buh-bye

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

No, I was just joking. I didn't think people would believe any of it for more than a split second. I posted it before reading the list of titles DC had actually announced.
    I see literally everyone posting it online lol, Bleeding Cool should have done more research.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

You've just won the internet.