Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Some people seem to think this is going to be a complete return to the pre-Flashpoint era. I think they'll be sorely disappointed.

While I understand them going back to the original numbering on Action and Detective, I can't help but feel it's going to look very much at odds with all the other books. Especially since they're going all Marvel and doing a whole renumbering thing.

And does Johns leaving JL mean they won't be doing the Atlantis war thingy storyline?
    This is not a period on the New 52, just a semi-colon. People that want that definitive period are going to be disappointed.

I think retaining legacy numbers is perfectly fine. Notice how it was only Tec and Action? It would have been a much bigger deal if Batman and Superman had been renumbered.

I like a lot of what he said, but I still need to see the creative teams and covers before really knowing how on board I am.
    I will say most of the books picked seem logical, but I was hoping for more overdue comebacks like LoSH.

YASSS Geoff Johns! Come throuuughhh!

My initial reaction. lol

But, really this is great. He has a real gift for getting the "essence" of characters and for striking the right tone more often than not. He's really good at designing situations where we can "have it all". I hope his project is LSH, to be honest.

And love the idea of taking Detective & Action back to their original numbers. DC should embrace its long history, I can't wait for the #1,000s!

Fantastic Member

So after years of building up the character of Black Canary through the works of Chuck Dixon, Gail Simone and Judd Winnick, DC is continuing its systematic destruction of the character. Yeah, okay, that's it for me. I'm out.

I'm still not understanding exactly what this is all about. What new stories are coming out, what, if anything does this mean for continuity narratives?

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    So after years of building up the character of Black Canary through the works of Chuck Dixon, Gail Simone and Judd Winnick, DC is continuing its systematic destruction of the character. Yeah, okay, that's it for me. I'm out.
    what? he said they're bringing back the classic aspects of the characters and even hinted at the Birds of Prey showing up.

Quote Originally Posted by maxmcco View Post
    It's Captain Marvel/ Shazam. I'd bet money on it.
    I would have lost that money. No Shazam after Rebirth. Poor neglected Captain Marvel fans. : (

Extraordinary Member

Right now I've got cautious optimism, with only one foible. When I looked at the books they had listed for characters, the on,y one that immediately came to mind for Tim Drake were Titans and Batman Beyond. If they're keeping his status quo the same, then I hope they put a more 90's Batman sequel talent in it and not a 90's X-men talent on it.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ultradav View Post
    YASSS Geoff Johns! Come throuuughhh!

My initial reaction. lol

But, really this is great. He has a real gift for getting the "essence" of characters and for striking the right tone more often than not. He's really good at designing situations where we can "have it all". I hope his project is LSH, to be honest.
    The Legion of Super-Heroes were shown in the video, so I imagine they have something planned for them, probably in the one-shot. Maybe they're "saving" that title (and also Shazam?) for Geoff?

Bring back pre 52 Helena Bertinelli!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'm still not understanding exactly what this is all about. What new stories are coming out, what, if anything does this mean for continuity narratives?
    I'm in the same boat as you. The only thing that seemed clear was the 2.99 price point which is a good change.

This makes me so very excited!
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

So... are they bringing back the old continuity? Anything less than that may be a step in the right direction but it wont get me back reading DC. They already attempted to have their reboot and legacy too from the start with keeping all five Robins and kinda/sorta saying that all the old events happened with in the 5 year time span of the new 52 and it did not work.

When I first started reading comics I had so much faith in Geoff Johns and DC but ever since 2011 I cant help but be pessimistic about everything they do.

#Rebirth may not be a reboot but having read and enjoyed the REBIRTH books for the Flash and Green Lantern, by Johns's own admission especially with Barry Allen's Johns-created backstory while a great addition to the mythos, #Rebirth seems to resonate #Retcon.

They wouldn't have to put the legacy back into the universe if they hadn't thrown it away in the first place. Just saying....