Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default EXCLUSIVE: Geoff Johns Details "Rebirth" Plan, Seeks to Restore Legacy to DC Universe

DC CCO Geoff Johns talks exclusively with CBR News about what DC Comics' "Rebirth" is all about, and his "DC Universe: Rebirth" one-shot.

Full article here.

Sounds cool to me.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I'm one of those vocal New 52/DC You haters, and so far I'm liking what Geoff Johns is saying about what Rebirth will be.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Johns is off Justice League! Wow I did not guess that.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I'm one of those vocal New 52/DC You haters, and so far I'm liking what Geoff Johns is saying about what Rebirth will be.
    me too. rebirth is the way to fix things.

looks like didio, harras and lee broke the toys and now ask to Johns fix it

This... actually sounds pretty good. Wow. Let's hope the execution is as good as the premise!

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

The way he breaks down GL Rebirth definitely sounds like they're going to incorporate a lot of sorely missed pre-52 elements. Sounds good to me.

This shot of the titans is an interesting inclusion.

Fantastic Member

Thank you, Geoff Johns, for doing this great interview and giving an older DC fan who has dropped down from buying around 20 DC comics each month to just Batman, JLA, and Titans Hunt, something to hope for. I look forward to the Rebirth issue in May but it sounds like DC has at least heard some of the older fans and that they would like to win some of them back to help boost their sales. Glad that he also admitted that he feels like there are some things missing from the current iteration of the DCU. Thanks again!

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebolt1967 View Post
    Thank you, Geoff Johns, for doing this great interview and giving an older DC fan who has dropped down from buying around 20 DC comics each month to just Batman, JLA, and Titans Hunt, something to hope for. I look forward to the Rebirth issue in May but it sounds like DC has at least heard some of the older fans and that they would like to win some of them back to help boost their sales. Glad that he also admitted that he feels like there are some things missing from the current iteration of the DCU. Thanks again!
    Yeah, it's really nice to hear that recognized.

seems like they want to fix some of the legacy characters in the DCU but its not gonna be so easy as a relaunch to fix all the problems created with the new 52.

Yeah, I'm really liking what I hear. Looking forward to what titles they launch

Also, Johns is now off Justice League? This is huge. The guy is one of DC's only true superstars who can sell a book just by his name. Is he done with monthlies or is this just a temporary thing? I know he's heavilly involved in the DCTV and DCEU work but still

Alright, I like what I'm hearing, everything he's said sounds good to me.
    Favorite Marvel Superheroes (in no particular order): Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Hawkeye (Clint Barton), Wolverine (Logan), Daredevil, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), Black Bolt, Deadpool, Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew), The Thing, Cyclops, Emma Frost.

Favorite DC Superheroes (in no particular order): Batman, Batgirl/Oracle (Barbara Gordon), Zatanna, The Flash (Barry Allen), Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Black Canary, Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Shazam.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Yeah, I'm really liking what I hear. Looking forward to what titles they launch

Also, Johns is now off Justice League? This is huge. The guy is one of DC's only true superstars who can sell a book just by his name. Is he done with monthlies or is this just a temporary thing? I know he's heavilly involved in the DCTV and DCEU work but still
    The article seems to imply he has something coming up after Rebirth he can't talk about yet.
    JSA? Titans?
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

BANNED

Hopefully instead of writing one book he can provide input on many of them, while still doing his TV gig.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

All book back to $2.99? YES!!! Thank you DC, as a student on a shoe string budget makes me very happy!
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.