Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NYCER View Post
    #Rebirth may not be a reboot but having read and enjoyed the REBIRTH books for the Flash and Green Lantern, by Johns's own admission especially with Barry Allen's Johns-created backstory while a great addition to the mythos, #Rebirth seems to resonate #Retcon.
    Ew. #BringBackNora

You know what would help restore that sense of legacy? Getting rid of that five year time frame since Superman debuted. That was the thing that really never made sense. It compacted the timeline too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    So after years of building up the character of Black Canary through the works of Chuck Dixon, Gail Simone and Judd Winnick, DC is continuing its systematic destruction of the character. Yeah, okay, that's it for me. I'm out.
    Well, if you consider her having a really great, fun and original comic series of her own a form of 'systematic destruction', then yeah, I guess...
    Last edited by Cowtools; 02-18-2016 at 05:59 PM.

Fantastic Member

Just give me a Ted Kord book and a Wally West Speed Force book and I'm happy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    You know what would help restore that sense of legacy? Getting rid of that five year time frame since Superman debuted. That was the thing that really never made sense. It compacted the timeline too much.
    The only problem with the 5 year timeline was that they tried to squeeze 4 Robins into it - and one of them is Batman and Talia al Ghul's son!

Did they ever explain Damian's age and when he was conceived in New 52?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    The only problem with the 5 year timeline was that they tried to squeeze 4 Robins into it - and one of them is Batman and Talia al Ghul's son!

Yeah, that's what I was thinking of. But also multiple Green Lanterns. But only one Flash (?!)
    And AFAIK, they haven't properly addressed Damien. I think it's implied her was artificially aged up. But that would be stupid.

Astonishing Member

I love Geoff johns.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post

No, DC did not bother. It was way too bizarre to reconcile a 32-year old Batman having a 10-year old son and having gone through Robins like he changes underwear.

Amazing Member

And AFAIK, they haven't properly addressed Damien. I think it's implied her was artificially aged up. But that would be stupid.
    It was either in Batman and Robin #0 or Batman, Inc. #0 and yes he was artificially aged, but Morrison already showed there were other Damian clones since that is what Heretic (the guy who killed Damian) was.

BANNED

Yeah, that's what I was thinking of. But also multiple Green Lanterns. But only one Flash (?!)
    Stupid or not, the last time his origins were discussed, artificial aging was included.

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post
    They wouldn't have to put the legacy back into the universe if they hadn't thrown it away in the first place. Just saying....
    My thoughts exactly.
    I'm sick of reboots, I'm sick of relaunches, I'm sick of new gimmicks like DCyou, I just want the DC universe I started reading ten years ago and quality stories along with it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
    My thoughts exactly.
    I'm sick of reboots, I'm sick of relaunches, I'm sick of new gimmicks like DCyou, I just want the DC universe I started reading ten years ago and quality stories along with it.
    And I enjoyed the McDonald's Arch Deluxe, but nothing stays the same forever.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    And I enjoyed the McDonald's Arch Deluxe, but nothing stays the same forever.
    But that's just the thing, pre new 52 was not the same as the DC books from the 90s, 80s, 70s, or before and yet it still acknowledged their past. There was progression without erasing the past. A new generation of sidekicks became the Teen Titans while the former teen heroes helped them get started, The JSA were still active with old and new members, and Superman's story had moved on from hiding his secret identity to Lois but rather they were married and dealing with the stories that come with that. There was evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post
    They wouldn't have to put the legacy back into the universe if they hadn't thrown it away in the first place. Just saying....
    They very possibly could not be publishing any comics period right now if they hadn't done something in the first place five years ago. Something had to be done. The fact it wasn't done perfectly isn't an indictment against doing it at all. DC comics publishing likely would have died without the reboot.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

"I love this world, but there's something missing".

Truer words were never spoken...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES