Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Prisoner 6655321's Avatar

Default What is the one single character you feel was most "harmed" post-Flashpoint?

The title says it all but keep it to one. For me, it's the Green Arrow. While I enjoyed Jeff's run I still feel that the post-Flashpoint reboot stripped away the things which defined him except on the most superficial levels (the color green, archer, named "Oliver Queen, trapped on an island, etc)".
    Did you know that every atom in our bodies was once part of a star? Think about that… EVERYTHING changes. Caterpillars turn into butterflies and stars turn into @$$holes.

Oh this is a tough one. I'd say Wally West with Donna Troy a close second.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Everyone who vanishes in this gif.

Jade. Spring 2011 she was a Justice League member, September 2011 she was written out of existence and her father who she inherited her powers from is much younger. and gay. That's a hard place to come back from.

Astonishing Member

Man. Who wasn't hurt on some level?

But I'd argue Bart Allen. Not only was his character changed like everyone was on some level but he is LITERALLY not Bart Allen. A ton of folks think Bar Torr will simply be revealed as Inertia or somesuch because he's so different than his namesake.

BANNED

Difficult to say, but top ranking must go to the characters that were turned into someone else;
    -Bart Allen -> Bar Torr, went from goofball speedster to the Flash... now twisted into a terrorist/freedomfighter.
    -Donna Troy -> Whatever we end up calling that monstrosity Finch cooked up from Hippolyta's corpse.
    -Lobo -> Not only did he contract the terminal illness known as Liefeld early on, but later we found out he was fake and replaced whis his rockabilly brother.
    -Wally West -> The Flash to an entire generation of readers, family man and member of the Justice League, reduced to an angry kid in school who gets in trouble with the law.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

How about Stephanie Brown as Batgirl or Barbara Gordon as depicted in Birds of Prey?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    How about Stephanie Brown as Batgirl or Barbara Gordon as depicted in Birds of Prey?
    steph brown got a much worse origin, and her parents are really evil and almost killed her.
    barbara gordon lost her experience and legacy.

bart allen
    wally west
    donna troy
    Lois Lane

BANNED

Aside from the obvious choices (I agree with all of them) I think Tim Drake it pretty bad. Tim lost his ongoing series, was reduced to that godawful Teen Titans book, was turned into Batman Beyond in a decision nobody liked, had his backstory ruined (or at least unnecessarily changed) and overall, has had no good stories or character moments since the start of the bloody reboot.

I seriously hope DC editors get over their aversion to Tim Drake and let him have a prominent role in the post-Rebirth DCU. He's the only Robin to have a worthwhile ongoing series, and seems to be more popular with fans than Damian, who I hope to god isn't in the upcoming Titans book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    Everyone who vanishes in this gif.

Let's not forget what happened to Garth in the Pre-Flashpoint DCU. Turned into a Black Lantern by his zombified ex-girlfriend, and then unceremoniously vaporized with no regard for fans of the character.

The Question--was anything ever done with that? Hopefully we'll get old Vic back when this is all over, and the immortal faceless version can be forgotten.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Let's not forget what happened to Garth in the Pre-Flashpoint DCU. Turned into a Black Lantern by his zombified ex-girlfriend, and then unceremoniously vaporized with no regard for fans of the character.
    Ugh don't remind me. Poor Garth.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Stephanie Brown and Wally West for me.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Astonishing Member

To be fair, I think Geoff already knew they were probably rebooting once Blackest Night was happening.

All the Legacy characters got screwed in some form. The middle Titans arguably got the worst deal because they were the ICONIC version of their team--and got shunted aside for a less popular version.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I'm going with Shayera Hol