Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    Huge, huge, huge, HUGE Invincible fan over here. I was bummed when Invincible Universe was cancelled, they showcased some of my favorite characters ever like Best Tiger and Astonishing Wolf-Man. It's obvious that I have some decisions to make. I have to take into account that I read Marvel and other indie titles too. At some point, I gotta ask myself: Do I really need to follow 5 X-titles or 7 Justice League books?
    Good man!

Dude, this wait until April is killing me. I needs me some Invincible in my life!

I might drop all of DC's books after Rebirth, but I will never not buy Invincible.

And for any of you looking for new titles to check out....if you trust my opinions and generally agree with what I have to say, or even if you dont, or have no clue who the hell I am....read that damn book. Its better than anything DC and Marvel put out, its consistent (120-ish issues, 1 writer, 2 artists. That's it), and its smart and funny and earnest and honest and heartfelt and scary and gory and everything good comics should be.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I hope they don't change BATGIRL too much. As much as I firmly believe Cassandra Cain is a richer character, creatively, it's an important book and one I enjoy alongside MS. MARVEL.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    I'm not really sure what risk you are talking about. Shipping Batman and JL twice a month makes up for the sales of every single other book being cancelled by themselves. Not to mention WB/DC will make enough in the last week of March off of Batman v Superman to finance the comic book division for the rest of your lifetime. Comics are the testing ground for the IP, but really just a drop in the bucket money-wise for WB. It's the creative/built in losses side. I'm sure they want DC to do well, of course, but in reality the movie will make what DC makes over 10-15 years in just 1 weekend.

As for being competitive in this market - DC isn't making these changes because Ms. Marvel is doing well critically, it's because Marvel getting the Star Wars stuff is ripping their faces off
    The risk is in having over half of your output being double shipped. There are 17 of 32 books slated to be double shipped but I don't see every one of those translating well to being double shipped especially with the mentality some fans have about books that "matter". People might eat up a double shipped Batman or JL but a double shipped Aquaman or Cyborg not so much. I think some of those are going to fall by the wayside as fans are forced to chose between 17 double shipped titles. Also there is virtually nothing that can compete with the juggernaut that is Marvel's Star Wars. Even Marvel's mainline books seem to be being effected by it.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 02-21-2016 at 10:36 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Huge, huge, huge, HUGE Invincible fan over here. I was bummed when Invincible Universe was cancelled, they showcased some of my favorite characters ever like Best Tiger and Astonishing Wolf-Man. It's obvious that I have some decisions to make. I have to take into account that I read Marvel and other indie titles too. At some point, I gotta ask myself: Do I really need to follow 5 X-titles or 7 Justice League books?
    I have some decisions to make as well although in my case DC has pretty much made my decision for me by cancelling most of my current pull list and not really giving me anything of note to replace those titles with.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

All-New Member

Excuse my ignorance, but I fail to see how bi-monthly books are a bad thing. I look forward to reading Cyborg, Green Arrow and Justice League twice a month.
    Semimonthly (bimonthly is every other month). Now that the pedantic part of the reply is out of the way...

I have no problem with the double shipping personally, but I don't think it is going to be a long term solution. I don't think Cyborg, Deathstroke, Aquaman or Green Arrow (and maybe some of the others) are strong enough to carry two books a month at this point. I think the double shipping may actually hurt their overall sales. I can see the line of books being double shipped scaled back before too long, though perhaps other titles or new titles will be promoted to that status in their place.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, i think that having titles that with luck sell 25k at best as your security net is a horrible idea.
    If those 25K happen to not be interested in all your Bat and super titles though you just had a loss. It's not as clear cut as some people want to make it look like.
    What DC is doing here is akin to Marvel saying that half of their line-up will just be Spider-Man and Star Wars because those are the most consistent high sellers. Screw everything Avengers, X-Men, Guardians of the Galaxy and more fringe stuff. Surely all these things don't have fans that are ready to pay money for a good product
    Of course the difference is that only Batman seems to currently pull it's weight at DC so hoping all the other titles will now do so too is a risk in itself.

Don't get me wrong here. I don't condemn DC for doing what they are doing. I honestly think they have no other choice at this point. If they would have I don't think they would have gone down this road. Some of these new titles tanking is a nightmare just waiting to happen after all.
    Last edited by Galerion; 02-22-2016 at 02:45 AM.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    If those 25K happen to not be interested in all your Bat and super titles though you just had a loss. It's not as clear cut as some people want to make it look like.
    What DC is doing here is akin to Marvel saying that half of their line-up will just be Spider-Man and Star Wars because those are the most consistent high sellers. Screw everything Avengers, X-Men, Guardians of the Galaxy and more fringe stuff. Surely all these things don't have fans that are ready to pay money for a good product
    Of course the difference is that only Batman seems to currently pull it's weight at DC so hoping all the other titles will now do so too is a risk in itself.

Don't get me wrong here. I don't condemn DC for doing what they are doing. I honestly think they have no other choice at this point. If they would have I don't think they would have gone down this road. Some of these new titles tanking is a nightmare just waiting to happen after all.
    they might have new titles later in the year at least thats what I'm hoping as it's my only chance for getting my batman superman comic back
    Last edited by hero talk; 02-22-2016 at 02:52 AM.

BANNED

T'm confused now. Which?

"Bimonthly: a periodical produced twice a month or every two months."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by rusty View Post
    Semimonthly (bimonthly is every other month). Now that the pedantic part of the reply is out of the way.
    In Britian, we say 'fortnightly'......

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Götterdämmerung View Post
    T'm confused now. Which?

It's a term which unfortunately does not have a solid definition.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    It's a term which unfortunately does not have a solid definition.
    When I read that my beloved Green Lantern Corps is coming out biweekly I'm happy, but still unsure whether that means twice a week or month??? Forgive me, I'm dense.

BANNED

When I read that my beloved Green Lantern Corps is coming out biweekly I'm happy, but still unsure whether that means twice a week or month??? Forgive me, I'm dense.
    Everything DC is talking about right now is "twice a month".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Everything DC is talking about right now is "twice a month".
    Thanks for helping me clear it up. And that is still very good news for me, especially since that also mean Green Lanterns, JLA (Hitch YAY!), and Superman will be out twice a month.

T'm confused now. Which?

Every two weeks.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Twice a month - every two weeks - every Fortnight (two weeks) - Fortnightly!