Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    He built up a reasonable renewed interest based on his "Arrow" appearances.
    And yet non of the 'legends of tommorow' have new series.....

He built up a reasonable renewed interest based on his "Arrow" appearances.
    He's also gained a lot of exposure from the Arkham-games, his boss fight in Origins was probably the most talked about aspect of a game that sold millions of copies worldwide.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fairyprincess View Post
    In Britian, we say 'fortnightly'......
    But it isn't fortnightly, which would be every two weeks. The correct term is semimonthly, which means published or occurring twice a month. There are many jobs where people get paid semimonthly or two paychecks each month and 24 paychecks in a year, as opposed to 26 paychecks with the biweekly/fortnightly schedule.

Similarly, semiannually means twice per year.

Quote Originally Posted by rusty View Post
    But it isn't fortnightly, which would be every two weeks. The correct term is semimonthly, which means published or occurring twice a month. There are many jobs where people get paid semimonthly or two paychecks each month and 24 paychecks in a year, as opposed to 26 paychecks with the biweekly/fortnightly schedule.

Similarly, semiannually means twice per year.
    Yeah, semi-monthly is twice a month, allowing for more space if there's five Wednesdays.

Bi-weekly is exactly 14 days. Every other Wednesday.

The main difference would be that bi-weekly would give a possibility of three comics in one month if it ships on the first week of a five Wednesday month, while semi-monthly would be two issues selectively scheduled over those five weeks.

Btw, there's some people that confuse bi-monthly with semi-monthly. But I think it's because they're terms not commonly used.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 02-22-2016 at 05:09 PM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

And yet non of the 'legends of tommorow' have new series.....
    Well, that show did just start, and work on Rebirth would have been going on for months before the pilot hit the airwaves.

But it does show a surprising lack of synergy for a comic division that moved across country just for the sake of synergy.

I expect to see at least some of the Legends show up on team titles or as supporting cast members (Vibe having a regular gig in Flash, for example) and as series fail and are cancelled, I think we'll see series built around the Legends and other tv characters replace them.

But who knows? I was convinced that we'd be seeing solo titles for Atom and Firestorm, at least, with Rebirth.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NoDakFan View Post
    Or will some alternate between different stories?

I.E.: Flash First Monthly Issue about Barry with Creative Team A, Second Monthly Issue about Wally with Creative Team B. Green Lanterns with Jessica / Simon / Kyle etc.?
    I think that's what's it largely going to be -- essentially two titles packaged under one name. I hope so, rather.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Yeah, semi-monthly is twice a month, allowing for more space if there's five Wednesdays.

Bi-weekly is exactly 14 days. Every other Wednesday.

The main difference would be that bi-weekly would give a possibility of three comics in one month if it ships on the first week of a five Wednesday month, while semi-monthly would be two issues selectively scheduled over those five weeks.

Btw, there's some people that confuse bi-monthly with semi-monthly. But I think it's because they're terms not commonly used.
    People misuse all of these terms so now bi-weekly can mean twice a week or twice a month. Bi-monthly can mean twice a month or once every two months.

That's why Semi has come in. It means exactly twice what ever word follows it. Semimonthly is twice a month, semiweekly is twice a week.

Personally, I think we should use the word fortnightly, as we never really get to use it that often anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by I.Strange View Post
    I think that's what's it largely going to be -- essentially two titles packaged under one name. I hope so, rather.
    I hope not. Dear god that sounds awful. That sounds like a great way for everyone to jump off the fortnightly train and abandon DC.

No, this is going to be like Marvel. You have one writer and 2 artists. The artists swap every 2 or 3 issues OR you have two artists, one of whom draws the A plot and the other draws the B plot.

I have no doubt each fortnightly comic will see lots of guest-stars and a large support cast but I seriously do not believe DC would be foolish enough to blend two different books together under the same title and numbering system and present those books once a month each.
    Last edited by RobinFan4880; 02-22-2016 at 11:58 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    I seriously do not believe DC would be foolish enough to blend two different books together under the same title and numbering system and present those books once a month each.
    Well, here's what I envision: 16 issues featuring a fan favorite property; 8 issues featuring a new or lesser known (in alternation generally). Distinct but complementary. Same writer on both (or close collaborators) to maintain consistency and promote world-building.

I think that would be win win win. More of the fan favorites but more exposure for the lesser characters too and in a starring role. Similarly, readers are not obligated to buy every issue, except that the whole may well be greater than the sum of its parts.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by I.Strange View Post
    Well, here's what I envision: 16 issues featuring a fan favorite property; 8 issues featuring a new or lesser known (in alternation generally). Distinct but complementary. Same writer on both (or close collaborators) to maintain consistency and promote world-building.

I think that would be win win win. More of the fan favorites but more exposure for the lesser characters too and in a starring role. Similarly, readers are not obligated to buy every issue, except that the whole may well be greater than the sum of its parts.
    The moment your strategy is "readers are not obligated to buy every issue" is the moment it stops being a good publishing strategy.

More likely every issue is going to feature the main property, and then other characters may appear in guest-starring roles in different arcs.

For myself, 2 issues per month (that means a title is now 6 bucks plus Canadian/US dollar exchange + tax) means that I'm probably going to have to drop DC from my pull list.

BANNED

The moment your strategy is "readers are not obligated to buy every issue" is the moment it stops being a good publishing strategy.

More likely every issue is going to feature the main property, and then other characters may appear in guest-starring roles in different arcs.
    Man, I wish I had said that. Well, I have, but not that succinctly.

You can't have titles and protagonists that matter, and others that don't. Who in the world could imagine that that was a good idea? Everything you put out there for sale should matter.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Man, I wish I had said that. Well, I have, but not that succinctly.

You can't have titles and protagonists that matter, and others that don't. Who in the world could imagine that that was a good idea? Everything you put out there for sale should matter.
    The one thing that annoys about comic fandom, it mainly marvel fans really, is when fans talk about 'important comics'.

Firstly, no comic is 'important', they should be cheap disposable fun.

Secondly, I dont like the idea that superman, justice league, or whatever continuity shaking 'event' has more worth then some little d-list character miniseries.

Its attitude's like that that lead to a lack of desverse storytelling in comics...!

BANNED

The one thing that annoys about comic fandom, it mainly marvel fans really, is when fans talk about 'important comics'.

Secondly, I dont like the idea that superman, justice league, or whatever continuity shaking 'event' has more worth then some little d-list character miniseries.

Its attitude's like that that lead to a lack of desverse storytelling in comics...!
    You can and should consider that certain comics matter. The company shouldn't do that though. It should be trying to sell all of them.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I really hate that attitude as well. That's one reason why the really good books don't sell as much as they should. In some cases they are better handled then the books that supposedly "matter" but the fans are to busy keeping up with the books that they've been told matter to even bother with anything else. The thing is it's the fans themselves that should be deciding what books matter to them not the comic companies.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Well said!